JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

annual #2

so what's up today

I stopped rampaging through darkspawn to see you all

Uber got posted early, and it is just so much fun.

Uber as in Gillen's nazis gorefest?

It's been real quiet here today

my day off and it's all cloudy and gross and I got not even any real quality gaming done, yet

Yeah. It can be rather slow, but it's way more entertaining than it lets on.

Not quite Providence tier, but solid.

Man I think the Black Panther release is just going to destroy this board.

Hello, Storyteller.

How goes the war against The Blight?

I think I'm going to head to Redcliffe because Orzammar is just really fucking depressing right now, dwarf society sucks shit so I sent Dagna off to the Circle

Every time I play an RPG I inevitably install a respec mod and then I get obsessive about builds until I lose all interest in the game. I spend hours playing and do fucking nothing.

the Chantry also sucks but maybe I should have worked harder for that guy, because the "give up the baby" quest is just killing me, I can't get a good end on it :|

I was playing largely unspoiled but fandom osmosis has kind of fucked that up, but I'm still enjoying it

I know *all* about Anders already, lol, thanks to endless screaming shitfights about that plot

Orzammar is probably the biggest slog in DA 1 but well, the original release had a data leak performance problem and I remember having this 3 hour fight in Redcliffe that about killed me.

Dwarf society does suck shit but the dwarven origins are pretty great when you swing back around as a Grey Warden.

Doesn't the Anders shitfest start in DA2?

Something a lot of people didn't talk about when the Bendis news came out was more books are getting relaunched.. Wouldn't be surprised if the other Leaguers' books get relaunched too.

it runs real fast on my modern box but i can see the suck potential

I forgot how good 52 was, thread.

Kindt hopefully coming back to MM?

>tfw Bendis is actually going to be responsible for reintroducing the fucking legion

yes, and i have been utterly spoiled for it just by being in fandom spaces

>harder for that guy, because the "give up the baby" quest
Oh, now I remember why I never got into Dragon Age. Cause out has lots of grimdark shit like that.

Although, maybe I'm being slightly hypocritical, since I fucking adore Nier: Automata, AKA Sad Robots: The Video Game. And it's probably not super edgy, really. It's Bioware, even if they try to be edgy, it ends up being more funny than anything.

I kind of wish the went back to Legacy numbering, too. Autist me is getting annoyed at Marvel's bigger numbers.

It's on the border of edgy but it's also genuinely sad

and it's a different feel than a TES game, wherein the personalities involved are rarely that interesting to me but the world and lore are top-notch, here I'm weirdly into all the fuckups I'm dragging around as my badass killing machines but don't care about the landscape

I think it's fine to have a quest with a choice of bad end, honestly. Not everything needs to be perfectly resolvable, we're just used/trained to Sup Forumsidya giving us that. DA2 kind of irritates me by taking the choice of any resolution away with all the Anders shit.

Marvel is doing the retard thing and going back to fresh #1s soon, making the Legacy numbering completely pointless. They are relaunching Coates' BP with a fresh #1 for thr space arc for example.

I think the future of relaunching at DC, if they don't pull a marvel, is try to keep long runs by themselves and have a 2-4 smaller runs be one relaunch and what causes a relaunch is an event that "forces it" or a really big name writer coming in and wanting their own volume to themselves or something

*love* the headband and earrings look, Shiva

actually, I've been a bit surprised, because I'm historically more of a JRPG player, just how much freedom I have in the game to do genuinely fucking horrible things

I mean shit that's basically Bioware.txt OP. Or Bioware as-was anyway.

this is a joke right

having to work real hard not to just buy the FF12 PC remaster and call in sick

>this is my kink and my kink is OK

I had like half a post written out about how it's only a couple DC books getting cut but then I remembered post Manhattan would be a great time for a reboot. Bendis doing Byrne is scary bc who knows what'll be in Superman's past now, meaning Legion

marvel numbering is a joke but i would hope they'd start realizing that relaunching fucked them

I have *also* been utterly spoiled for everything Mass Effect

oh my good look at that outfit

Did you ever play KOTOR, Jade Empire?

nope, I didn't have a PC of any real capacity when those came out, I had a PS2 and spent more time with tht than I really should have

Wick Fowler's isn't bad, but come on, Ollie makes his own

Much as I rag on Bioware, they are good at getting the player invested in the characters. Which is something I'll always respect them for, since I've always said that characters are straight up THE most important part of any story.

It's why Mass Effect 3 pissed everyone off, cause folks gave a shit about these people, and the end of their story turned out to be really fucking lame.

I know half of you don't approve of my DA romance choices but you're all wrong, the big dumb golden retriever type is the best husbando

although the sexy elf is growing on me, he's kind of delightful in his own way

the force to punch through a body like that is pretty great, right?

>post Manhattan would be a great time for a reboot
DC should just use these things for continuity tweaks, as reboots clearly poison too much of the well.

Zero Hour was that, and we got Starman out of it; it has this amaaaazing "COMPLETE HISTORY OF THE DCU" timeline in the back

sure it was valid for like 5 years, but still, they did put the ducks in a line for a while

I straight up can't stand Alistair but clearly you were gonna pick him

yessss, time for some batcake

I can see the "he's whiny and annoying" argument really clearly but he pushes the right buttons for I can clearly see a lot of female players

Alistair is such blatant husbando bait with the whole chaste thing, same with Merrill in DA2 beign waifubait for weebs.

Hawkworld Katar is also pure husbando so hey, it's not the most common thing in the world. It's got such a different valence for men, still.

I am still ill. Truly, it is the pits.

Oh yeah OP, if you ever plan on playing the third game, be sure to use the Dragon Keep online thing to make an import save. Don't look at it now because spoilers, but it tracks literally every choice and you can make "best" and "worst" world states for 3. I think it has EVERY quest in the first game, and some of 2. I never played 2 though.

Wait, was Grell Ollie always this into corsets or is it just this art?

the art is pretty...distinctive? there's some amazing Dinahfaces in here

I do want to play the third game but I'm miffed it's not on Steam because EA sucks, and I have a backlog right now. But I have been reliably told that many things in it are relevant to my interests, even if there's a lot of other annoying shit

also I am fairly thoroughly spoiled despite my best intentions, but it's still a quality experience

that's an unduly sassy pose

there hasn't been a panel in this one yet quite like Batman fucking that eagle, though

Everyone has a fivehead in this. It's really weird.

>I can see the "he's whiny and annoying" argument really clearly but he pushes the right buttons for I can clearly see a lot of female players
Again, I can't fucking wait for you to play Nier: Automata. One of the main characters has a similar issue going on.

Origin can be annoying, but they do have EA Access, a $5/month vault of games to play and it has DA:I in it. It doesn't give access to the DLC, but you could sub for a month and get through a few games (time limited)

male characters who have feelings, pure husbando, willing to admit he's a better follower than leader, but also capable of laying waste to vast amounts of shit? I'm so there, man

dat Ollieface

Hah, yeah: call in sick for a few days and blast through it

this is seriously the cutest, most unassuming Shiva

Bendis is going to fuck the LOSH so hard, I just know it :(

>male characters who have feelings, pure husbando, willing to admit he's a better follower than leader, but also capable of laying waste to vast amounts of shit? I'm so there, man
That's a fairly accurate description of 9S, actually.

Yep, I totally want to read more about Shiva and O-Sensei's fun fighting holiday.

Well, at least they'll be adults. If the Rebirth hints have been indication.

dang it stop tempting me, I'm about to blow my fun budget for several months as it is

He's also a little boy though senpai

hey, not for sexual is also fine

weirdly, I suddenly feel a pang at the lack of any more Suikoden.

i've been trying to figure out how he could get a side Legion containment book for his imprint. i'm hoping Johns has plans that're too firm to change but

making them inspired by the age of heroes in general and not just superman is the easiest fix to such a dumb nitpicky problem

He's got his hands on the whole Supermain main titles.

He don't need much leeway to really get them on the Legion.

One of the bosses is a robot opera singer.

This is great.

stop taunting me

Is that real or is he just making it up? Because I'm pretty sure China doesn't have raccoons.

Yeah I don't think anyone has ever exactly replicated the Suikoden formula. The Water Margin is underrated source material too.

maybe he's, like, using an approximation

Raccoons are now loose and giant pain-in-the-asses in Europe, I know. Also, they shit on the top of construction cranes in Toronto

Building my castle and recruiting people was the best, or as someone put it once about a John Ringo book

>the PALADIN OF SHADOWS series falls into a much-maligned, much-loved genre which, for lack of a better name, I call "Man Builds Stuff and Gets Lots of Pussy." This is, quite frankly, what got me reading the series: I am not much for stories of a guy just killing terrorists and getting laid a lot; but let him start building a small kingdom while killing terrorists and getting laid a lot, and I am there

I am dead serious. One of the bosses is a robot opera singer with a tragic backstory who sings her own battle music during the fight.

I'm going to try to remain unspoiled about this one

THe only thing I know is that there's the potential of a LOL FUCK YOU pre-save death early on that makes you redo the first 45 minutes

There's a lot of stuff that plays around with the format or is meta or even which just looks meta and then later on you realise is actually consistent with the story. I'm not cranky but it's a really neat game.

Shiva is CUTE.

Yeah, the Mass Effect 3 controversy killed my interest in going further into the series after only playing 2, because that's where they started on PS3.

I hear Andromeda landed like a wet fart?

are these two, like, the most often "implied to be having sex right off the page" couple in comics we've read?

So that's where Cass gets such cuteness from. I miss this Shiva.

Yeah, but it's pretty easy to avoid.

>unspoiled
Y'know, I normally disapprove of the attitude surrounding spoilers, but it should be funny to see you react to some of this shit.

Also, if I recall correctly, you didn't finish the first Nier? Just so you know, you don't really need to, Automata stands on its own just fine. 0

Does Jade Empire have the same Reptilian Precursors plot as all of their other games?

hey how bugfuck did the Neal Adams Deadman thing turn out?

I have never played a Nier/Drakengard/etc. in my life

THANKS FOR READING off tomorrow BACK MONDAY

>Shiva is cuter than ever
>Judge is nowhere to be seen

I hear Mediocre.

IIRC I don't think so, but the godlike Water Dragon is a big part of the plot.

>Ollie not in the mood for chili

Wow, things ARE serious.

He told us he wouldn't be here but we should still all appreciate moe Shiva.

No, it's probably the least standard Bioware game ever. No ancient elves/Protheans/Rakata/whatever.

I am sorry to be missing the Superb Owl side of the Internet, that is for sure

I wish they'd revived/remastered/made a sequel of it.