Why is he such a fucking dick to his own son?

Why is he such a fucking dick to his own son?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7DnFGdqT8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how?

if anything po is a dick to him.

He's Chinese
It's for his own good

Have you watched the series?

Pretty much 99% of chapters Ping is involved into somehow he's fucking Po over and over out of pure greed, and treating him like shit during it. If it wasn't for Po being capable of forgiving absolutely anything I'm sure he would have walked out on him for good long ago.

Dickish fathers are just a proud animated tradition.

>If it wasn't for Po being capable of forgiving absolutely anything I'm sure he would have walked out on him for good long ago.
He adopted Po and took care of him even when he was already a middle 20s manchild, still even giving him toys.

Also Po is not really an easy person to live with since he's a big guy with big autism

ah, tv canon is in play.

was thinking how po basically being ungrateful, preferring his kung fu fandom over being actually a help to the shop.

if po was anyway in shape for kung fu, he wouldn't have look like a dick.

this, most people in the cartoon industry were told by their dads to get a real education/job and are still pissed at daddy.

>was thinking how po basically being ungrateful, preferring his kung fu fandom over being actually a help to the shop.
Ok, that is true. Still, I am actually surprised at just how fucking much of a dick he can be. Sometimes he's even straight up evil just to get some extra money, even if it means going against Po's job as dragon warrior.

Let's be honest; that isn't at all exclusive to the cartoon industry. People all over the world, in all kinds of professions, are pissed off at daddy.

Is more about being worried about keeping his business alive than being greedy, otherwise he would't let Po eat so much and buy so many useless crap

Are you serious? Ping's a 10/10 dad. He does nothing but love and support his son. He's only harsh when he's worried about Po or his shop.

>Have you watched the series?

The TV show doesn't count. Everyone is out of character.

?????

Also about him being wary regarding Po's kung-fu desires early in the first movie: that was entirely reasonable.
Sure Po loves kung-fu, but he hasn't displayed any talent regarding it what so ever. Meanwhile the noodle shop is a good way to make a living, so as any responsible parent would he tries to make sure his son will have the means to start his own family eventually.

Then when he realized how important Kung Fu was to Po and that he was able to not get killed doing it, he supported Po.

Ping's always posted in "best Sup Forums dad" threads for a reason.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7DnFGdqT8c

>The Secret Ingredient of the Secret Ingredient Soup is nothing
>It's a plain old Noodle Soup
>He probably sells that Secret Ingredient Soup at a higher price than a regular Noodle Soup
>Charging more for the same thing but no one actually notices it because he says it's special

Damn, that's clever business

Essential this.

Watch 'There Will be Blood'. He's the bastard in the basket.

He's Chinese?

any specifics? i remember him supplying the villains with food but as far as i know he was being played (shop is used as a front, too happy with business to notice).

Why did he want that jewel so badly? Diablo seemed like a bigger issue.

In that same episode he was carrying around a stolen dagger from the temple and acted suspicios about the "food" they were bringing him, so he was in on it, and near the end he accepts creepy eyes dog's offer to join him to form a criminal empire to conquer china. He also hits and ridiculizes Po to gain the villain's trust, both before they know he's his father and after. Only reason he didn't become another villain was that they called his shop a dump.