The soundtrack is 14 rap songs

The soundtrack is 14 rap songs

npr.org/sections/allsongs/2018/01/31/582185850/kendrick-lamar-releases-black-panther-tracklist-and-it-doesn-t-disappoint

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/allsongs/2018/01/31/582185850/kendrick-lamar-releases-black-panther-tracklist-and-it-doesn-t-disappoint
youtube.com/watch?v=m_eP2OKDpHI
youtube.com/watch?v=SaJk9GHJPws
youtu.be/jogj0_8rw48
youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE
youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY
youtube.com/watch?v=bUqwJV9ZpTs
youtube.com/watch?v=D3oC4-gsRtw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>cuckmusique memerap

Yes and?

What did you expect, jungle drums and chanting?

>that webm
I didn't know they where making a Black Panther game.

God dammit. I like rap and even I think that's retarded.
They couldn't even fit some african music in or something. I was really hype for this movie but maybe Sup Forums was right.

Also holy shit that webm.

>make game
>grosses more than dceu
based marvel

>CGI FIGHTS

I'M SO SICK OF MODERN MOVIE SHIT
USE PRACTICAL EFFECTS
FUCK

I expected the musical stylings of Earth, Wind & Fire and Chic.

The music video of the theme song would depict the bands playing on a Vibranium pyramid while Black Panther and Evil Black Panther jump around fighting, and at the end it takes off into space like a rocket.

>npr.org/sections/allsongs/2018/01/31/582185850/kendrick-lamar-releases-black-panther-tracklist-and-it-doesn-t-disappoint

seems more like this is just a random collection of source music heard in the movie
like all those terrible 'soundtracks' from the 90s

I am sure the movie has an actual score too
whether they release that like they did for Guardians of the Galaxy/Suicide Squad
remains to be seen

again I am pretty sure there is actual background music in the movie too

even Luke Cage wasnt 100 % songs

What the actual fuck is happening in that webm.

something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=m_eP2OKDpHI
youtube.com/watch?v=SaJk9GHJPws

The director must have gone to the justice league school of unnesecary cgi.

and your point is?

if it were released direct to video it would make more than DC

Worked for the animated series
youtu.be/jogj0_8rw48

>movie set in Africa
>features american nigger rap
?

You say that like it's completely normal for a movie to only have rap songs in it's soundtrack.

No Deltron no buy

Oh no, what a problem.

>this nigga was expecting Danzig and Metallica
>In a movie about Africans
>Would be more surprised if they went with Fela Kuti

Great movie

UGANDA KEY

>Africans don't listen to rap music

Where are you coming from with this, man?

Kendrick is shit

Now that's just plain wrong, I can see if you don't like DAMN, but come on

He is shit, Kanye is better

>shitty american music in movie about African country

You fucking idiots, it's gonna be Ghostbusters all over again. You could've left the movie to sink on it's own, but no, here comes Sup Forums with the dank memes, because apparently being literally the worst board in this place isn't enough.

Fuck you all. Go back and stay there. There's a reason you're getting a faggot movie recommended, you piece of shit.

>wakanda is now part of reality
is this the power of burger education?

>it's gonna be Ghostbusters all over again
Fuck off racist. It will be Hamlet of cape movies

It's so annoying cause I am excited for the film, but all the scenes with the Black Panther suit on just looks horrendously fake. Like he's in Smash Bros Melee and he falls slower than actual objects.

>I am excited for another generic marvel movie
wew lad

Here's the thing that gets me about every "movement" movie, they get forgotten about the next year. They make such a massive deal about these films, and then forget about them so quickly.

Now, with Black Panther, they got the double whammy of his film then IW, but I can't help but feel that this hype is so manufactured. The film does look cool and presents a cool style, but I worry that the final act will be extremely by the numbers.

I can't understand why you'd think Africans don't listen to rap music, we have the same type of shit over there.

Young people who love it and old people who hate it, contemporaries like Sunny Ade are for the older crowd.

Look it was either this or African rap, and you don't want African rap. Trust me, you don't want that shit.

>You could've left the movie to sink on it's own
>MCU movie in 2018
>sinking
Hahahahahaha

It's the only movie franchise that has an consistent level of quality, give or take, and that keeps going. I like watching a universe build rather than starting all over at step one of "Kid has hots for girl so he tries to act out" plot.

>white liberals
>caring about africans or african culture
But it's kinda fitting since Wakanda is a creation of a white American, they wouldn't know what Africa is about other than black people, spears, and mud huts(which the movie applies on top of their grandiose skyscrapers), despite the fact that Africa is not a singular country and have a myriad of different peoples and tribes with their own set of cultures, prejudices, and beliefs (must be the Rwandan genocide happen). I mean, what is Wakanda based on anyway? Ethiopia? Must be since there was this one comic where the Wakandan King kept those starving immigrants/refugees away from his walled country for its benefit. And Ethiopia is practically world famous as a hellhole where people starve to death back in the 80s so put two and two together.

Basically, the movie is basically just using the stereotype of what Africa and African black people are, and is purely an ignorant American invention masquerading as progressive because MUH BLACKS, and as such lame American rap music for the majority of its music is not so farfetched.

>It's the only movie franchise that has an consistent level of quality
Are you sure? Just look at OP webm

>wakanda
>africa

>These people who keep thinking under the asssumption that Wakanda is a real place that would actually have anything to do with Africa

>It will be Hamlet of cape movies
A story that is just a modernized version of an older story, and filled with extra unnecessary shit that just bloats the run time, so that you have an excuse to keep people in the theater for more than 10 minutes?

I for one did

I know, the finale has me worried.

I was expecting

youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

No seriously, I expecting this to be the song for the first trailer seeing how many times Hollywood uses this song.

Sounds like he got what he expected.

>It's ALL rap.
Jesus, even Guardians knew well enough to have a couple of orchestral tracks. Last movie I saw with only rap songs for a soundtrack was Romeo Must Die and that was in... fuck 2000? 2001? I thought movies had finally grown out of that stupid phase.

I really don't know why this film and the Marvel films have such garbage CGI.

Shut up retard. It's nowhere near as bad as Leo the Lion.

>Shut up! At least it's not Food Fight!

It looks like a PS2 opening cinematic. Not so dumb I think it looks like a regular PS2 game, but it looks like the PS2 openings for sure. Disappointing.

Yes because rap is what we all listen to.

There is a difference between a film's soundtrack and a film's score.

They should have used this

youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

No one cares about Ghostbusters. Literally no one talked about it after it left theaters.

This. The soundtrack is the licensed songs used in the movie, the score is the original songs.

That said... let's compare

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
>Running time - 136 minutes
>Soundtrack - 2 songs, 7:20
>Score - 18 songs, 67:12
>Composer - Henry Jackman (X-Men First Class, Big Hero 6, Kingsman: The Secret Service)

Guardians of the Galaxy
>Running time - 122 minutes
>Soundtrack - 12 songs, 44:35
>Score - 29 songs, 64:34
>Composer - Tyler Bates (John Wick, Sym-Bionic Titan, Samurai Jack (Season Five))

Black Panther
>Running time - 134 minutes
>Soundtrack - 14 songs, 49:12
>Score - Unknown
>Composer - Ludwig Goransson (Community, New Girl, True Memoirs of an International Assassin)

So you've got a movie with the same running time as Winter Soldier, more licensed songs than Guardians of the Galaxy, the licensed songs are all contemporary rap, and the score is written by a guy who mostly composes for TV sitcoms and comedies.

That doesn't bode well.

It's funny but Marvel knows their target audience at least.

Nice dubs.
Also, that's actually really good. I'd be down for a soundtrack with a similar feel.

They're called soundtracks whether the music consists of licensed tracks or an original score.

Imagine being so white that you're literally triggered by movie soundtrack having rap songs in it.

Imagine being someone who comes up with strawmen.

>So you've got a movie with the same running time as Winter Soldier, more licensed songs than Guardians of the Galaxy, the licensed songs are all contemporary rap, and the score is written by a guy who mostly composes for TV sitcoms and comedies.
What a clusterfuck

>Leaving out the best song
For shame.
youtube.com/watch?v=bUqwJV9ZpTs

youtube.com/watch?v=D3oC4-gsRtw

That actually doesn’t sound that bad

Here's the thing though they've been extremely cookie cutter lately. Hell other than James Gunn on guardians it's been pretty by the numbers for most of these movies. At least Gunn can hide it well. Hell even home coming felt generic. It's why I'm not looking forward to bp because that shit looks again pretty generic