What would compel someone to make a dark comic about a girl constantly getting raped by her father?

What would compel someone to make a dark comic about a girl constantly getting raped by her father?

This feels like it's one tonal shift away from being a fetish comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMkUN0jOYfU
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89376362/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Has it been done? No.
>Could it be done? Yes.
Do it

the last time yungbluth posted here (to beg us to bother chuck dixon) I told him doing this strip once or twice was making a statement, but continuing it functionally made him a child pimp

Sounds like someone has never heard of dark humour. But I know this thread is just an excuse to post lewds and discuss pedophilia, so carry on.

The comic shows a realistic perspective of what sexually abused children experience.

Its bad enough that Clarissa is raped, but then its compounded by her mentally abusive elder brother(forcing her to eat warm maple syrup that reminds her of... you know), the mother ignoring/glossing it over(giving her toys to make an illusion of happiness), and manipulation(her father telling her that the family needs him to survive, or suggesting that everyone will see her as a liar, the mother calling her a tease).

Despite this, Clarissa knows what is happening is wrong and has coping mechanism(her bath ritual, invisible shield), but still feel a disdain for herself(glaring at herself in the bath mirror).

And worse still, the other people around her just don't seem to ever notice that something is wrong, dismissing her outbursts and subtle hints as either childhood silliness or just being misbehaved. Her suffering is invisible to them.

This is the reality all abused children face, everyday, without end, with no end in sight. And we walk past them everyday, never knowing what could be happening. They are invisible.

This comic is a reminder of that reality.

A large chunk of the comics don't even have a punchline outside of, "She's about to get raped and is coping with it with her imagination".

It's more of a drama than anything, but unlike something like Moral Orel there seems to be no progression or continuing narrative. It's just one-off after one-off of Clarissa about to get raped.

Wrong. It's about how sexy kids are numerous you faggot

Anything is a fetish. Honestly though, it's that feeling when watching a rape scene in movies (Irreversible for example), you know it's bad and it is bad but for some fucked reason you still feel aroused. You bet your ass somebody jacked off to pic related.

does she ever let someone know whats happening to her, i cannot stomach to read the comic anymore.

It's shocking the first time but it's pretty garbage once you get over the child being raped meme

but i cannot get over the child getting raped meme it enrages me

Soyboy

No, it's the same strip over and over and there's no narrative progression. Once the initial shock of "whoa, this is a dark comic about a girl whose father rapes her" is over there's absolutely nothing to it unless you have a very specific and awful fetish.

Go back to tumblr you clearly don't belong here

>Clarrisa meet the new boy in her class.
>He actually has a crush on her and tries to get close to her, but she keeps him distance because reasons.
>He offers to walk her home, which she reluctantly accepts.
>For that brief time, she actually lets her guard down, and feels a tinge of actual happiness.
>Boy was taught to be brave and to always tell the truth, which he relays to Clarissa.
>She just BARELY manages to imply what is happening to her, in "what if" statements.
>Boy understands.
>When they get near the house, Dad gives him the evil eye, Clarrisa's hope immediately dies.
>The boy picks up on it, but goes home.
>Dad tells Clarrisa how no boy will ever love her like he does.
>Boy's dad turns out to be a cop.
>Clarrisa is questioned at school the next day.
>She is obviously having difficult walking.
>Reasonable cause to be taken to hospital and examined.
>Dad's deeds begin to unravel.
>Clarrisa is saved.
>Back at school, the boy looks back in his seat towards her.
>She has a smile as she says "thank you for seeing".
>image of boy looking back fades to him looking forward, as if he was never looking at all.
>it was all a daydream
>Dad surprise picks her up from school.
>He catches her looking at the boy as he passes by
"No boy will ever love you like I do."
The End

>Calling child rape a meme
>Thinks tumblr says that
Are you lost

>Tumblr doesn't belong to Sup Forumsmblr
Go back to wherever you came from.

did you come here after the election? Or are you looking for Sup Forums because Sup Forums has never been for child rape

>Been coming here longer than you have
>Le epic election meme

See what I mean? zero sense of humor. Waaaaah a cartoon girl is getting molested, somebody alert the authorities.

You sure?

thats different thats a loli

>Wow not funny bro child rape is a serious crime
>Anyway bro have you read Unteralterbach xDDDD

It might be hard to swallow, sometimes you just want to tell a story for the sake of it existing. It's not always going to be a story that's uplifting, it might not always be something entertaining, funny, or action packed, or dramatic, or romantic, or anything like that.

As... let's say "strange" of a compulsion as it might have been, Jason Yungbluth just wanted to chronicle various parts of a sexually abused girl's childhood.

Let's go another direction: The Hunchback of Notre Dame. You probably remember it for Disney's interpretation, with a happy ending full of friendship and acceptance. The original had no such thing; everyone dies. No one is loved. It is nothing but suffering with no light at the end of the tunnel. Same with most pre-modern-adaptation fairy tales, really. Sleeping Beauty was raped in her sleep, The Little Mermaid collapses into seafoam, Tarzan doesn't convince Jane to stay and she lives a miserable life with her suitor back in England. These are tales of suffering and tragedy with no happy ending.

Think of Clarissa as a comic strip approach to that.

>It might be hard to swallow
I know we like to make dark jokes on Sup Forums but joking about her dads cock is just taking it too far user

How would the Punisher react to Clarissa's family?

Clarissa's dad wouldn't make it home from work one day. A few years later, he'll revisit the family to deal with her brother.

And then Clarissa's family ends up being dirt poor because they lost their breadwinner, the mother flat out becomes emotionally, maybe physically abusive towards Clarissa because she'll accuse her of snitching and ruining everything, and the older brother takes his dad's place.

After 5 strips the novelty is gone and it's just the same message repeated ad nauseum. It's just boring.

There are like 5 strips total so I guess the comic didn't overstay its welcome

And then Frank revisits the family to deal with her brother. It all washes out.

Spoilers - most comic writers have fucking issues. Making comics is how they cope.

>what is dark humor

>daydreams this in the bedroom too-or at least tries too.
>lays there escaping to the scraps of her mind left
>"No boy will ever love you like I do."
>he says, redressing himself and leaving her bruised and cum-covered body there
>"I'd hope so", she think to herself

ever heard of running gag ?

>you're not allowed to have a SOL with abuse
you know that's pretty much how it often goes, yeah? if you have a problem, take it up with reality

Yeah, hopefully Clarissa will explain it all to somebody

and then she's absolutely traumatized upon trauma what with sudden abandonment, sexual abuse x 3, and sudden abandonment/murder of rest if family
goes into the foster care system, gets overlooked and falls through the cracks. never heals as a person and turns to drugs for comfort. prostitutes herself at a young age because sex is no longer a big deal and gets an abusive pimp
helps pimp out with his dealing and needs and becomes stone-hearted by the time she's an adult

and then franks comes in and kills them both

>Clarissa will explain it all

we've all seen fucked up shit but am i the only one who just wants this girl to get a happy ending already? i have no idea why these comics are so depressing to me, it's just a fictional girl getting molested which in the grand scheme of things isn't a huge deal, but i just need some kind of closure

>What would compel someone to make a dark comic about a girl constantly getting raped by her father?
>This feels like it's one tonal shift away from being a fetish comic.
Yes, fetish stories in general are not that far away from horror/drama

The current state of Sup Forumsmblr
>can’t laugh at the dark humor of Clarissa
>whine about how the author must have a fetish for molestation
If you didn’t laugh at the penny line in Clarissa you shouldn’t be on Sup Forums.

How does punisher react to anything? Murder

I loved this short as a kid, but it definitely gives off a Clarissa vibe now that I'm older.

y'know. .. If he would have crossed the line to fetishizing it, I would agree. but he didnt
I think it was a statement, maybe about him maybe not. But someone he knew.

That's how the Punisher is, yes.

There's one where she's in art class and draws two animals wrestling, but the two animals look like her and her dad and her looks like he's plowing her. Her teacher even chuckles, she sees exactly what it is but figures that can't be what Clarissa meant to draw

Where would I upload a fanfic about Clarissa?

Fetishizing it how? By making it more attractive?

Just because the act is horrendous and displayed as such in the comic doesn't mean it's not fetishistic. People are fucked up, you know.

The problem is if you're repeatedly hammering in a statement, it becomes less of a statement and more of a preach.

If the statement he's trying to make is "having a poor home life in many respects is going to fuck you up mentally", that was very clearly displayed in the first two comics he had made regarding this scenario. There's a certain point where the nail you're hammering in is going to split the wood.

It was all a dream scenarios are all just poor writing

I don't remember any problem with the brother. What's his issue?
>mfw the punisher purposely creates a endless loop of bad victims to keep himself busy.

Floor tiles

We had that Clarissa R34 thread yesterday so yeah.

i always miss the fun

>I don't remember any problem with the brother. What's his issue?
Nothing shown in the comics, but he's from a broken home, and sexual abuse to his little sister is already normalized to him. He's not going to turn out well

What's the happiest ending you guys can think of?

Not him but... What about this?

>Clarissa is 12 now and she meets a new boy
>He has an instant crush on her because she made a weird thing... she opened his chips when he wasn't looking (he always open the bag with much streght and he disperse the chips).
>A gest of humility in a grotesque world.
>He tries to conquer her many times (comedy material) but she accept his attempt because she has a obscure secret.
>With the time they begin to date because his insistence even when he unknowns her secret but everytime that he tries to touch her hand or show her any other kind of physical affection she beats him and sometimes she shows him a knife.
>He is scare but hey, love makes you act stupid.
>Would our boy survive to this kind of relationship?

It would be a dark romantic comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=PMkUN0jOYfU

Clarissa has two brothers. One is traumatized and puts on a fake happy face to deal with his dad molesting his little sister, and if we're being analytical about it, most likely him too.

Her other brother, however, seems to be a sociopath who gets a kick out of rubbing Clarissa's abuse in her face. One comic had him pour extra syrup on her pancakes during breakfast while saying something along the lines of "I know how you like yours extra gooey." She ended up vomiting from it.

Frank would probably end up killing the latter brother once he inevitably follows in his dad's footsteps.

>Tarzan doesn't convince Jane to stay and she lives a miserable life with her suitor back in England.
You've never read the books, have you?

i get that, but doesnt it read like therapy to you?
it kinda does to me

Clarissa kills him

>Same with most pre-modern-adaptation fairy tales, really.
No, you're just a retard. HC Andersen's fairy tales specifically often end badly but that's because he had The Depression real bad; he was just a solitary fuckup. In most cases when fairy tales seem fucked up now it's only becuase of our infinitely pussified modern morals. For example,
>Sleeping Beauty was raped in her sleep
is still a happy tale; OBVIOUSLY the prince fucks her because she's hot as shit and rape isn't a crime against a woman anyway, it's a crime against her father/family who are obviously not present. besides which it's the vehicle for her revivification, since one of the resulting twins sucks the magic splinter out of her finger as it searches for her breast. She comes to, marries the prince and it's a happy fucking ending. In the time this was written there wasn't anything weird about this, you've just been raised on faggy, anxious ideas about integrity and the right to one's own body.

Those few fairy tales that do end badly, like Little Red Riding Hood, are obvious warnings to children (mostly girls) not to do retarded shit, like talking to strangers, following strangers, fucking strangers, or rooting through her new husband's forbidden closet even when he explicitly told her never to do that.

>I don't remember any problem with the brother. What's his issue?
There's a Punisher comic where he saves some kids from their parents who would film sexually abusing them.

Frank realizes that despite "saving" them they will most likely displace their trauma in awful and criminal ways since abuse tends to be cyclical most of the time and it's more likely then not they'll grow just as fucked up as their parents.

>this feels like it's one tonal shift away from being a fetish comic

This feels like it gave you a boner and you're trying to blame the comic.

surely (YOU) are b8ing

>Has it been done? No.
What the fuck are you talking about? The thread is obviously about the Clarissa comic, of course it's been done. At least Google the image name if you don't know what the topic is about.

dare I ask what happened to the author's crowdfunding campaign?

Go back to Sup Forums. but also kek

I know he made a story whih was published, but ts not on the internet, only a preview that she meets someone her age in a factory visit to his dads job, i dont know if she ever escapes that abuse most likely she doesnt, very few do irl

That was actually posted here not too long ago.
Three words:
No lobster hands.

Why else do you think it didn't get picked up? It's a creepy premise. Especially after the episode where Mina gets crazy jealous when another woman is interested in the count.

I have nomidea how to look for it, is it a good or bad ending?

Bad, the girl thinks she's a creep, Clarissa rages a bit, the dad gets pissed off and drives her home, and it's implied at the end that Clarissa gives him blowjobs in exchange for McDonalds.
You can find the story here:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89376362/

Take Me to Work Day had some progression with the relationship between Clarissa and her father. He seemed to feel at least some modicrum of regret over what he had done and what he continued to keep doing, but also didn’t seem to know how to stop, though he seemed to have considered stopping. Then in the end he ends up ‘comproming’ by just turning it down a notch and getting just handjobs. All of this is mostly communicated through metaphors though, so I could be completely misinterpreting and I don’t even know where to find that whole story. But it felt like there was progression of some kind, at the very least.

>the mother flat out becomes emotionally, maybe physically abusive towards Clarissa

>implying child services wouldn’t take the kids, or at least just clarissa, out of the mom’s custody too

Even if the mum tried to deny knowing about what was going on, you just know the dad would immediately sell her out in an attempt to shift some of the blame off himself, and that younger of the two brothers would crack like an egg if investigators asked him anything and he’d back up the dad’s accusation.

Clarissa's mother would be serving time anyway if it was determined she was complicit in her husband's actions.

>The Little Mermaid collapses into seafoam
And then she becomes an angel

>Hunchback of Notre Dame
It’s mostly a tragic end but it wasn’t meant to be completely bleak and hopeless. There are some characters that get less bad ends, and the reader is meant to take away that despite everything that happens to the human characters, the cathedral is still there and that’s good. Victor Hugo had some weird ideas about the value of architecture that aren’t as easy to pick up on today.

Other anons have already addressed your issue with Sleeping Beauty and fairy tales in general as well as Tarzan. But, seriously, did you not actually finish reading Tarzan or did you just think nobody was gonna call you out?

>>The Little Mermaid collapses into seafoam
>And then she becomes an angel
Way to prove you don't actually know the story. She becomes a daughter of the air, not an angel, with a promise of earning a soul if she does good deeds for humans for 300 years... except that each time a child cries, her getting a soul is set back years.
Even then, this was a revision of the original ending, which was indeed just the seafoam.

>daughter of the air
>not an angel

It’s tomato tomahto to me. She becomes a winged air spirit thingy, which to me I’d just go on ahead and call an angel. It’s like differentiating between sirens and mermaids.

Sounds like somebody needs to be raped.

Frank's a pessimist though. For every abused kid who becomes fucked up beyond help, there's another one that ends up recovering and helping out others who went through the same shit. If those kids don't get help then they're guaranteed to go bad.

>once you get over the child being raped
only on fucking Sup Forums

Have you read his other stuff? It's all dark comedy, except his understanding of dark comedy is that of a child who just discovered Sup Forums. The thing about Clarissa is that his child-like misunderstanding of dark humor works entirely in its favor, setting up jokes that fall flat and being generally as depressing as it would be in real life. Clarissa is his best work completely by accident and it's pretty good.

>It might be hard to swallow

She runs away from home. Joins the circus or something and grows up there, has as normal a life as possible. Father and family never see her again. Heavy implication that, in the absence of Clarissa her father abuses someone else but we don't see it.

are you okay user?

DELET THIS

I found years later that this was my mom's life...and some of my aunts.. Sometime religious families keep it a secret. The creator could have found out later in life.

I think he was answering the OP. The guy who wrote it hasnt seen it in prior media, and decides he can make it himself so he does

Emergence was not a fun story

CHRist what is that from

So what's OH DEAR JESUS

Mr. Gone

>UAB
>read
howdoyoudofellowchildren.jpg

What is that?