Has there ever been a worse rendition of Lex Luthor in comics, animation or movies?

Has there ever been a worse rendition of Lex Luthor in comics, animation or movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b357dSg2w9E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To be fair. There aren't many bad Lex Luthor renditions in general.

And yet somehow, they managed it.

This was an ideal origin story but since he wasnt bald and in a suit right off the bat your autistic ass reee'd.

Pits Earth's greatest heros against each other
Resurrects a god monster
Initiates a conspiracy with Apokalips
Finally jailed with a chip on his shoulder and shaved head. Now he's Lex.

Jesse Eisenberg just didn't do it for me.

An autistically hate filled rich guy with tunnel revenge vision?

It might be the weaker but it's still lex.

If you consider this good story telling you have a lot in common with 90s movie producers.

I still can’t believe it all went down the way it did.

He acts like a child with ADHD in every single scene.Every scene, every line and his plan are just incredibly cringeworthy. He's easily the worst in the movie.

>The devil gets, as usual, the most florid dialogue, and Jesse Eisenberg dispenses it with exuberant intelligence. He steals every scene. In a recent interview in Le Monde, Eisenberg discussed his approach to the role:

>Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that's how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film.

>Eisenberg’s gleeful and inventive performance suggests that he may be at his best in a tight framework that restrains his physicality and converges his acting to vocal inflections and turns of phrase, gestures and facial expressions.

>i overacted like a retard on puprose :^)
>because i didn't want him to be a caricature

Brainac attacks and Superman Doomday

Yeah, no

Superman Doomday Lex was weirdly 2 times gayer than usual but he doesn't compare.

>Pits Earth's greatest heros against each other

With an utterly retarded plan. Like, what WAS his plan? He spend 2 years slowly pissing of Batman through setups and the media and by killing people in prison? And that one guy in a wheelchair sent Wayne crazy mesages for two years which Wayne never read though?
And he set up an elaborate plan to make people believe Superman killed some niggers in the Desert? Maybe i'm supposed to think Lex also controls the media to skew public opinion against Superman.
And he planned a long time beforehand to blow up capitol hill for...what purpose? I mean the Senator was about to blow the whistle on him but he couldn't have known that when he set that plot up long way beforehand. So people think Superman would plan a bomb attack? Why would Superman of all people bomb capitol hill?
And all of that just to have Batman kill superman and Doomsday was a contiguency plan? I guess? Because Lex couldn't possibly have known he could create Doomsday two years ago when he started his elaborate plan.

I've seen more cohesive supervillain plots in cartoons.

This was so far off from Lex Luthor that I dont even know why they called him Lex.

DAY VS NIGHT

yes, all the other renditions in existance

The best part about this Lex is his theme youtube.com/watch?v=b357dSg2w9E
It's very Machiavellian.

He had some moments that were almost great, but then he'd spazz out and spoil the scene's momentum.

No, it was so bad I had to leave the theater. My parents said I was overreacting but idc.

Much better fit for Joker

Remember when Gene Hackman wanted to collapse the entire western seaboard into the ocean to increase the real estate value of the californian desert and make himself a billionaire?

At least he had a plan and motivation that i could understand.

Seems like they had the actor before they knew what to do with him. Him as Lex is definitely a square peg in a round hole.

This so much, also Spaceys kryptonite real estate plan

Best Luthor i ever saw

I have the hunch they had the idea of making luthor some kind of new media mogul Mark Zuckerberg kind of guy, but Eisenbergs performance ruined it.
I unironically think if he played Luthor the exact same way he played Zuckerberg in The Social Network it might have worked.

Anyone who says otherwise hasn't seem Brainiac Attacks. It's a garbage fucking movie with the worst rendition of Lex imaginable.

Spacey's was kind of dumb. It was all jagged rock with no agricultural value

And they made him autistic in behavior.

I’m not saying that as a Sup Forums tier insult. I mean he LITERALLY displays the characteristics of an individual that’s present on the medically recognized spectrum in accordance to having Autism Spectrum Disorder.

But just...WHY though?

He was fine.

S:TAS Lex
I prefer this over what Timm did to Luthor.

>Luthor
>not autistic

What did he do?

Probably, yeah.

>you guys mad about his hair cut right? autismos?

no ass hat, people don't like it because he does a shitty job acting.

90s buzzword

Some of Luthor's behavior in this movie almost makes it seem like Joker was originally in the movie but they just decided to merge his role into Lex. Eisenberg could maybe do a good Riddler, too. I figured the casting was inspired by the Social Network. Best case scenario I imagined when I saw the trailers was that Lex's public persona was kind of this eccentric new money tech guy, and behind the scenes he would act more like we know him to be. Instead we just get this weird manic lunatic.

Damn. Real savvy stuff. Thanks, user.

You people are so weird. The only thing different about this Lex is that he can't hide how damaged he is.
Otherwise he's got all the same ideology and demons that other Lex's have.

They made the worst Superman ever too.

It's almost like that bit of subtly is the dividing line between good acting and bad acting. Then again it could have been the script and/or the direction.

????
How is a character trait a dividing line between good and bad acting?
Sounds like you just personally disagree with the direction as opposed to anything being wrong with it.

>disliking 90s movies
can't get much more SOY than this

You aren't very bright are you?

>He spend 2 years slowly pissing of Batman through setups and the media and by killing people in prison?

He only started killing people in prison who Batman branded IN the timeline of the movie, not during the two years thar proceeded it.

>And that one guy in a wheelchair sent Wayne crazy mesages for two years which Wayne never read though?

Lex purposefully stopped Bruce from getting those messages until it was too late.

>And he set up an elaborate plan to make people believe Superman killed some niggers in the Desert?

Yes, Lex making elaborate plans to ruin Superman's reputation is classic Lex. Go read a comic.

>And he planned a long time beforehand to blow up capitol hill for...what purpose?

He hand't planned it for a long time, he only does it because Molly Hunter was trying to stop him from importing more Kryptonite. What part of your retarded brain made you think he was planning to blow up the Senate building for a long time? Literally nothing ever implies that.

> So people think Superman would plan a bomb attack? Why would Superman of all people bomb capitol hill?

Not even close. How retarded do you have to be to think this? It was primarily to blow up Molly Hunter. It also served his plans in that it put a capper on Bruce's self blame, since he could blame the Wayne employee for it, and hammered away this idea that Superman's very presence on earth is causing more harm than good.

>And all of that just to have Batman kill superman and Doomsday was a contiguency plan?

No? Doomsday was the primary way to kill Superman, Batman was just an extra distraction. If Batman did kill Superman, then great! Lex releases Doomsday, proves to the world that power isn't innocent, and then kills it with the kryptonite weapons he was making for the government. If Batman fails to kill Superman, then Doomsday is there to do it.

>Lex couldn't...have known he could create Doomsday two years ago

Why are you obsessed with this idea that all of this, every single part of it, must have been planned out two whole years ago? You really are a brainlet. Is it so hard for you to comperhend that a) Bruce Wayne paying his employee probably didn't start until a few months after his accident, and that b) Lex probably didn't stop the checks until he started having the inklings of a plan(s)? He has lots of plates spinning at once, making Batman unstable and manipulatable (he intentionally fed Batman the info he needed to "steal" the kryptonite) was just one more tool for him to utilize in many different variations of his plan.

It's like you've never seen a supervillain plan that is more complicated than "HURR DURR IMMA BLOW UP THE WORLD!"

Stupid ass retard.

Holy shit. Lex in the comics would never do shit like this. He was already rich, he didn't DO real estate shit until Donner forced it into the public conciousness.

Spacey and Hackman are about as far away from comics Lex as you can get you stupid casuals.

your hunch is wrong, see
and learn to read the thread.

>normie: the opinion

jesus christ, ive never seen such a casual ass opinion. It really shows that all your understandings of Joker, Riddler, & Lex come primarly from memes and the Batman & Robin movie. Read some comics.

I literally just said his plan was dumb, you illiterate faggot

The girls liked him.

often playing at something makes a more boring performance
someone playing a role where they're trying to conceal their underlying madness which allows occasional cracks in the facade to be more striking is generally more interesting than just pure manic rambling the whole time

This is 100% Snyder’s direction. Fincher’s Zuckerberg is abso-fucking-lutely in the spirit of the character, keeping the modernist aspirations mixed with fragile ego that define Luthor for me. He definately could have used a bit more of the intimidation and power that the Timmverse Luthor had, but he definately could have gained that over time. For an Origin Story it’s fine.

Inexplicably though the script and direction tries to paint him as an autistic manchild.

POO POO VS PEE PEE

Eisenlex might be my favourite villain in all of capeshit. He did a wonderful job of portraying an intelligent crazy person.