Is a millionaire

>is a millionaire
>still lives like a homeless person
Is this THE most offensive concept for a character? You have a homeless person who made it big through bullshit reasons and they never buy a home or support themselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BsI1Hr-k66M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>If I had a million dollars I would live in mansion made of solid gold prostitutes!
Okay, Shawan, you dream big.

What are you even trying to say? Besides I wouldn't live in a fucking van, that's for sure.

>Is this THE most offensive concept for a character?

He's a man

I used to do drugs with someone like this and have met many others just like it.
They either hate everything being handed to them or hate the expectation that they should be wasting their money.
I'm not denying that they're irresponsible, nor that they're bad parents, but I can understand their reasoning.

Do the Crewniverse hate the poor and the homeless?
>everyone is living in idealized mid class lives
>the one poor guy gets rich for nothing

I want everyone to look good and hard at this person posting.

OP. You is mean. Mean and wrong. Shoo.

>millionaire lives like a millionaire, that being literally however the fuck they want
>WHY AREN'T THEY WASTING ALL OF THEIR MONEY SO THAT THEY BECOME POOR AT THE END OF THE EPISODE AND RETURN TO STATUS QUO
most millionaires become millionaires because they are good at saving money

>pointing out problematic bullshit is mean and wrong
Imagine living in this bubble.

Most millionaires weren’t homeless people who were literally handed money.

Mr. Greg completely ruined Greg for me.
No more struggle, no more climbing, just bullshit.

I would do the exact same thing. Why even buy something like a house that lacks mobility when you are comfortable living in a cheap comfy van with a giant amount of money that you can use for all sorts of happenings? Total waste of money and only traps you.

Traps you? Are you really trying to argue that it's wrong to have a roof over your head?

BITCHING ONLINE
DON'T COST NOTHIN'
TROLLIN' THE THREAD
DON'T COST NOTHIN'
HAVING SHIT TASTE
DON'T COST NOTHIN'
WHEN ALL YOU REALLY WANT IS (You)
youtube.com/watch?v=BsI1Hr-k66M

It seems the Crewniverse is not the only one to shit on homeless people.

he is the onl male character in the show too

What about the rest of the townsmen?

when have you ever seen another male character in the show?
i guess there is his brother but he is not a character, just a one episode thing

This.
I like the element of realism Greg brought into the show.
Now, there’s no more realism or relatable characters in SU.

Greg is a business owner who used to make his own cash. his simple life and need has grown on him.

Even if he's an abomination, Steven's still at least a MALE abomination.

he probably has sand in his ass all the time

nope, steven is a girl. Sorry

1. That wasn’t his brother, that was his cousin.
2. There’s Yellowtail, Dewey, Lars’ dad, Doug, Fryman, Kofi, Smiley, Suitcase Sam, the two cool kids, etc.

Get out of here Tumblr.

T.Dr Money

all girls

You’ve clearly never met a homeless person in your life.

it didn't, and SU did quite the opposite with Greg. Instead of going through the classic "guy suddenly get rich, become a jerk, lose all but still got his friends" tired trope, they made him remain down to earth and mùore or less the same with his new found fortune.
I mean, what has Greg done with his money so far? Go to a fancy hotel, rent a boat and buy a car. He remained a man grounded in reality.

steven is a biological girl

greg has friends?

Greg is just a shit dad all around.

Missing my point, Greg isn't an homeless person. he is an adult responsible for his own income and the education of his son. And he has done a good job at it. He probably live in his van for Taxation reasons.

>mùore
How the fuck did you typo the u with an accent like that.

He plays cards with Vidalia and Barb apparently.

At the very least he seems to be friends with Vidalia and Yellowtail due to their long history.

>all this bull shit
It’s still utterly offensive to homeless people.
What part don’t you get?

You're probably unhappy with your life.

If you're satisfied with where you are in life, gaining a lot of money probably isn't going to change that much, despite what you're memed into believing.

does he have any male friends?

Do you just not care about the homeless and how the feel being misrepresented.

Yellowtail, Vidalia, and probably Fryman.

>If you're satisfied with where you are in life
being satisfied with nothing isnt a good thing, look at stoners

>Greg is just a shit dad all around.
Greg is one of the best cartoon dad. Probably only second to Hank Hill.

is any of this canon?

>It’s still utterly offensive to homeless people.
It's not because he is completely unrelated to homeless people. This isn't what his character is based on and there is no connection to homeless people, so no. You are the one projecting.

If you want to associate Greg with an archetype that is actually pertinent, he is more of a Trailer-Park person.

not really

>what is being satisfied with your life

>So, here's something I really liked about the show when I was first getting into it.
Greg.
>Namely, the fact that he was poor and effectively homeless.
>This is a dimension of "representation" that people don't really talk about very often -- the representation of the very poor and the homeless.

Yellowtail was the one who comforted Greg when his van got broken.

It's a small town of barely 30 people. in those kind of configuration, basically everyone is friend with everyone.

The flanderized the fuck out of Greg.
Millionaire dad ruined Greg’s character.

Yes really.

>In Greg's case, you know, he's not unskilled, but he was never able to translate his knowledge of sound and passion for music into a viable career. >What he did do was take an inglorious job at a car wash and, almost unbelievably, work his way up until he became the owner.
>And that point, you know what?
>He won. He did it.
>He achieved the Impossible Dream.

>if you are rich you must act rich or you are mocking the homeless with it

kys

>The flanderized the fuck out of Greg.
They absolutely didn't.
>Millionaire dad ruined Greg’s character.
No. He actually remained the same after it. Being actually money wise and remaining a support pillar for his son. You are seeing something that didn't happens.

he is alone in the sea for months, he hardly counts.
>It's a small town of barely 30 people. in those kind of configuration, basically everyone is friend with everyone
why dont the popular kids knowlars then?

why arent there any male characters with male friends in this show?

Who said that?

>why dont the popular kids knowlars then?
They do.
>why arent there any male characters with male friends in this show?
Buck and Sour Cream.

homer was originally a good dad, so is bob, outside of shows where every character is badlike seths crap or adult swims edgy comedies there are barely any cartoon dads to begin with

>He started with nothing but a van and the clothes on his back, he worked hard, he successfully pulled himself up by his bootstraps, and he became a Relatively Successful Small Business Owner. According to the modern American myth, he should have it made right now.
>But guess what.
>He's still homeless.
>Because life doesn't actually work like that, and the reality is, at the end of the month, the car wash doesn't clear enough profit to let him rent an apartment. So, he lives out of his twenty-year-old van and puts all the profit he does clear towards Steven. Steven's food. Steven's clothes. The occasional game or toy or movie, because every kid should have at least a few.

I'm a free thinking person. I value my mobility. And when I'm already comfortable with my van there is no reason for me to buy an overprized house for which I need to pay taxes too

Crystal_Clods, a well known SU critic.

>homer was originally a good dad
Was
> so is bob
Won't deny that. But Greg is still a top dad.

>They do.
they didnt at the start of the show
>Buck and Sour Cream.
the two characters with the least screen time?
does this seem normal to you? how many other shos can you think of with no male characters with male friends?

Your American televison show cuck host (I don't remember his name) made a reportage about our billionaire oligarch Mikhail Prokhorov for funny laughs.
You should watch it and see how happy is extremely rich person's life.
Spoiler alert: it does not happy at all.

There's nothing wrong with being satisfied with less.

You're getting brainwashed to believe that, getting played off your insecurities.

>Hell, it feels significant that Steven's favorite toys -- the G.U.Y.S. -- are sold out of vending machines for a quarter apiece. It also feels significant that the game console in Steven's room is a Gamecube, which had already been out of production for six years when this show debuted.
>He doesn't have expensive toys. He doesn't have the latest games. Hell, most of his shirts are just old Mr. Universe merchandise. He lives very modestly, but -- and here's the critical thing -- it's never implied that there's anything wrong with that, and it's never implied that Greg is anything less than a really fucking stellar dad. He loves his son more than anything in the world, and he always does his best.

>>He's still homeless.
He literally chose to live in his van to make thing simple.
Stop comparing him to homeless, that was never who he represented ever. If you want to make a fairer comparison, compare him to Trailer-parks people.
Not everyone has to stick with your idea of success.

>Was
the show is 30 seasons long, none of the characters are the same as when it was originally being produced
>Won't deny that. But Greg is still a top dad.
he is one of the worse unless you take into account edgy comedy but if you do then every character is a saint, even the diamonds

Greg chooses to live in a van
It's not as if he couldn't have said "hey while you're building that house for steven, do you think I could get a room?"
He probably also could have set up some cot in the back of the wash station

I didn't realize all homeless were the same.

>anons just projecting what they feel
greg is a happy man. he likes his comfy life already. he's not materialistic and doesn't really have any pressing tangible desires. he'd much rather use it to make others happy. he is not you, he is a character.
also, does no on consider that he might be saving it for steven?.

>they didnt at the start of the show
They knew of him
They just didn't talk because Lars is obviously a sperg and assumes people hate him

>they didnt at the start of the show
They did. Lars just never dared to talk to them, but they knew who he was.
>the two characters with the least screen time?
does this seem normal to you?
In a show where the main cast is 3 rock-women a father and his son. yes. And even then, Peedee and Steven are still Friends. Steven is also friend with Lars, even if Lars pretend he isn't. Lars and Ronaldo used to be friend and they might have patcheed things up recently.

you have zero legs to stand on with tour argument there.

if you are a low status male you are going to live a very lonenly life and you will only be able to meet damaged unhappy people if any, nobody will ever respect you or what you have to say no matter how right you are, how much you know or how much effort you put into it, nobody will ever feel sorry for you let alone any empathy or compassion and you will get laughed at for asking for help
so unless you want to not be part of society is an awful thing

He also took Steven to South Korea.

Greg is frugal with his money because money won't bring back his wife.

they all grew up in the same 30 people town with no other kids around
>Lars is obviously a sperg and assumes people hate him
lars wasnt always a teenager

>low status male
>lonely
Greg already met the love of his life, he clearly isn't interested in meeting new people because he could have totally boned any of the zoomans
Also, apparently, he's not bad looking for an overweight bald dude
Greg is rich and chooses to not spend his money living more extravagantly, so what is your point?

how many homeless people do you know actually watch SU enough to get offended?

>he is one of the worse
Literal falsehood. You are in plain denial if you really think that.
-Started from nothing but is now a business owner, raised his own son , homeschooled him well and taught him to love music
-literally build a house for him
-Don't know much about magic and super-power but is always there to help him and most of his advice are good
-Got rich but didn't let money grow to his head
One of the best dad. You get haters meme your brains to death if you really believe Greg is a bad dad.

Who needs a mansion when you van works just as well? With an attitude like yours, you'll end up broke in a week. No thanks, I'd rather stick with the van.

Being rich means getting to live how you want without having to worry about money. Seems like that's what he's doing.

>lars wasnt always a teenager
rewatch Horror Club
Lars has always cared about the opinions of strangers

And who says that everyone currently in the town grew up in the town?
It's possible to move

>Greg already met the love of his life
well sure but how often do rock aliens fall from the sky?
>he clearly isn't interested in meeting new people because he could have totally boned any of the zoomans
and thats healthy?
>Greg is rich and chooses to not spend his money living more extravagantly, so what is your point?
he is a sad lonely person who does nothing all day and barely interacts with anyone

all that istrue but he is still at the bottom

Why does no one get that he got used to living in the van while on tour

nigga we saw sour cream as a baby

>well sure but how often do rock aliens fall from the sky?
As often as they want, but that's not an argument that shows Greg should find someone else nor one that Greg would fall in love with anyone else just because they are the same type of person as Rose

>healthy
yeah, it's totally fine to not want to find someone new
you don't have to spend your life with someone, you can spend you life with your family, friends, or doing the things you love

>he is a sad lonely person who does nothing all day and barely interacts with anyone
you're projecting
I'm sure you'd be sad or lonely if you lived a life like Greg, but Greg is shown to be happy with his life
Which is why he didn't change after becoming rich

You're making a terrible argument

>And who says that everyone currently in the town grew up in the town?
>It's possible to move
Not him, but it's more or less confirmed all 3 cool kids gew up in Beach city. Sour cream is the son of Vidalia, Dewey's family has been there are beach city since its literal foundation, and it was probably Jenny Pizza and Bucky playing in the snow in the flashback of "3 games and a baby".

>and thats healthy?
I don't see the issue, there. You don't need to be with someone to be happy.

tbqh I would just buy some small, cozy house in Utah if I was a millionaire, hell, I'd even be happy with a small single story home.
The vast majority of my cash would go towards guns.

But we didn't see The fish pizza girls or buck
you can move to a new town and basically immediately start doing politics there, it's completely possible that Dewey moved there with the express purpose of being mayor

And just because Sour Cream is from there doesn't mean that Sour Cream grew up there
It's highly likely, but that's not what I'm saying

>but he is still at the bottom
That you don't know. Rose was a shapeshifter, they probably experimented with all kind of positions and then some more.

Well fuck me then

seeYou might maybe argue that it wasn't Jenny there, but the Dewey family has been there since the literal creation of Beach-City and have been mayor from father to son.

I wonder how much Vidalia's slept around over the years

You're stupid.

He likes living in his van.
If he wasn't living there he would live in the building he owns.

Greg is a pretty frugal guy.

>As often as they want
no, most of them serve the diamonds and would stand trial for doing so
>yeah, it's totally fine to not want to find someone new
is it healthy to be alone in your van all day?
>you're projecting
nope, im just assuming it because its pretty much all the show has ever told us about him, im not going to fill in the blanks with greg being a secret agent for a spy organization, most of the time we see him he is in that van, hell whenever steven needs to see greg he inmediately goes to the van, he doesnt call him, he doesnt think of another place where greg could be, and he is right every time

you need to talk to people, have some family, some friends, anything, otherwise greg is as healthy as your average hikki

>is it healthy to be alone in your van all day?
If you have good social relationship with the people around you and have a good relationship with your son, yes. Don't be stuck with pre-conceived idea of happiness.

>Shawan
Don't you mean Donald?

>you need to talk to people, have some family, some friends, anything,
But this is exaclty what Greg has. He talk to people, he has friends and a good relationship with his son who is his family.