Apple & Onion

Is Sup Forums excited for what appears to be Regular Show's spiritual successor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5goG7HPv58
youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Not really. It's not funny. What is it with these slice of life comedies lacking the damn comedy?

no
there is literally no good reason for this show to be greenlit

Comedy writers can’t draw, usually it’s dtoryboarders who do the stories, but they’re not funny

They should've just kept RS or something, They already watered the show down yeeaarss ago, and then cancel it because it still had the PG rating. The PG rating was a relic from another time, there were maybe 3 things after Season 4 where "parental guidance" would be needed, CN kept saying no to everything else.

>spiritual successor
because it's two friends doing dumb shit that nobody else seems to do?
nah
the pilots for the two shows are completely different
I'm kinda mad that Richard Ayoade voices onion because he's such a funny kino dude

Yes I’m really excited, I rewatch the pilot like five times and showed it to all my friends

these shorts are banking way too much on regular show and adventure time's themes. too many shows about two friends (often losers or social outcasts) trying to impress the obligatory girl or guy character. for some reason it reminds me of some kid in high school I didn't like

Yourself?

>The PG rating was a relic from another time
Pretty much this. CN’s newest series are all TV-Y7, including OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes. IIRC, this new movement started with We Bare Bears:

youtube.com/watch?v=g5goG7HPv58

I remember finding this promo jarring since the TV rating really stuck out to me after recently getting shows like UG, SU, Clarence, and OtGW. The TV-Y7 rating isn’t necessarily a bad thing for the shows themselves as OK K.O.! has proven to be both entertaining and capable of pulling pretty mature jokes every now and then; it just means more obnoxious advertising and nothing like early RS again.

surprisingly, no.

Nobody's really talking about it since there isn't much to discuss at the moment.

Here's the known crew members if anyone's interested:
>George Gendi (designer/storyboard artist on TAWoG and writer on Sanjay and Craig)
>Benton Connor (writer/storyboard artist on Regular Show)
>Matt Layzell
>Nick Edwards (writer/storyboard artist on Uncle Grandpa and Clarence)
>Lauryn Danae Bremner
>Andrea Gerstmann (BG artist on Pig Goat Banana Cricket)
>Patrick Kain
>Christian Alvarez
>Miranda Tacchia (Pinky Malinky)
>others

The crew is made up of people from all over the place. Between A&O and the other two CN originals premiering this year (Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island) this is the one I'm most interested in knowing how it'll turn out and what potential CN saw in it.

>nothing like early RS again.
It hurts.

Great, the show already has a dedicated autist

Why are all these shows "food object and other food object"

They stole Pickle and Peanut and made it worse

that's called Close Enough user

Every single one f them looks like they've told a joke in their lives.

What does a funny person look like?

I'm funny looking, does that count?

The "two best buds" premise is already uncreative, but it gets even worse when all the characters are food 'cause that almost automatically means there'll be little to no logic in the world the show takes place in.

>Why is every character named exactly what they are?
>Does that mean there's only one apple, one onion, one hot dog, etc.?
>Then what are their family members named?
>Does the dinner party imply everybody's a cannibal?

It always leads to fucked up logic.

Maybe that's part of the humor

I don't know. I liked some of the jokes (like the accidental holdup), but who's to say what might've been changed from pilot to series?

And if this really is RS's spiritual successor (even though Benton Connor's the only real connection between the two), the show should be pretty harmless as long as the writers don't walk themselves into a corner with unnecessary romance drama.

No there probably not user, personally I'd like to see some episodes but eh, not the show I'm most looking forward to out of 2018.

REMINDER

>the show I'm most looking forward to out of 2018
Which one would that be, user?

>And if this really is RS's spiritual successor
No, that’s Close Enough

Out of cn specifically villainous.

The only thing that draws me to this is that Richard Ayoade voices Onion. Even then that's likely not enough.

>Regular Show's spiritual successor
I think this is just poor wording. Apple & Onion won't be Regular Show's spiritual successor since it seems to be nothing like the latter, but it does seem to be CN's plan for Regular Show's replacement. A more kid-friendly replacement.

The BG in the OP reminds me of the RS BGs but more safe and smooth.

While the background design is admittedly tame, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get off to those colors!

>"it's about two guys who are friends therefore it's regular show"
You're retarded and so is this show

see

Why would I need to see a post that doesn't make any real point and says
>it does seem to be CN's plan for Regular Show's replacement
With no real reason or logic behind it considering cartoon network has never even proposed this idea, new shows don't replace old ones, regular show has been over for two years and cartoon network has had like 3 new shows since then.

Ugh, that perspective.
>side view
>side view
>side view
>direct front view
>side view
>side view
>extreme side view

My case still stands. Weak BG design; beautiful BG color.

Not him but, your fucking wrong, nothing about that palette is appealing in the slightest, it's incredibly flat and desaturated

the colors not being saturated and eye blinding like most current cartoons is a plus, but the colors aren't pretty or anything, there's no shade from the sun beaming down or anything, it's flat as all hell and the colors don't feel anything unique.

I hate that the pilot kept getting worse and worse the further it went on. Basically, everything after A&O were thrown in jail was dumb.

By the time they finished the Pilot the creator had no fucking idea what happened, he can't accurately describe the series at all.
>um um um

Today I will remind them

Got emmmmmm

Shitpost time
Eight o nine
Feeling fine
Cause its shitpost time

Speaking of backgrounds, this was a pretty underrated BG gag.

underrated?

They watched tv? is that the joke? Am I missing something?

So are you the creator? He would be the only one who’d find this funny

It’s pretty simple, guys. Watching TV was the only “chore” crossed off their to-do list. It clearly wasn’t meant to be a laugh-out-loud joke; just a funny little detail to tell us more about the duo.

Oh man, this dude really wants the show to be good. I can't even be a hater. If you like this show all the more power to you.

>Buildings in the back look way better than the buildings in the front
How the fu-?

Sorry. Nope. This looks to be what happens when you do BOTH Gumball and Regular Show all wrong, tbqfh

>filename
Huh. Would you look at that

I'm just not in the mood for yet ANOTHER "two best buds" show.

Benton can tell some jokes and make some funny plots but he just left CN now and according to his latest Instagram post he was a producer, maybe not the best sign for a new show.

I'm still waiting for a 90s Adventure Bear spinoff.

god, this looks so unappealing. I'm sure it looks much better in animation, but I struggle to even find the motivation to check it out

It doesn't necessarily mean Apple & Onion's already over with; just that production on Season 1 is coming to a close. A few other crew members () also recently mentioned leaving the show.

I doubt it'll get picked up for another season, though.

I get off on the way the British dude says "apple"

>liking flat chicks

Onion has shit taste in girls

Reminds me a lot of pic related

>two naive foreigners with strange fraternal relationship live in squalor and confront modern life's problems with child-like optimism/incompetence

It looks like it was made in fucking GoAnimate. How do you get a chance to do your own show and make it so unappealing?

so pumped for this!

And this dude worked on both Gumball and fucking Sanjay and Craig! You'd think his experience on both shows would inspire him to create a series of his own that takes pride in being an expressive cartoon.

>regular show has been over for two years
slow the fuck down bucko, it was 1 year last month, and the pilot was likely worked on about the time RS was cancelled in early 2016.

The best thing I can say is at least the shoes look ok perspective wise, except Apple's closest foot seems to be twisting to the left a bit rather than straight in front of his angle.

These character designs are sad, I've been sitting on a Pilot for a project I've been working on because I'm still trying to get past the entry level cartoony shit that these jackasses didn't bother to move from. At the very least my main characters aren't cartoony looking.

It bothers me every time I see a horrid aspect in a series because you just got an official broadcast cartoon and you don't even fucking try.

BOTH Show, while of questionable quality (especially Sanjay & Craig!)do look better than this inevitable trash on-screen waiting to happen, sadly enough.

Is Flight of the Conchords worth checking out? I’ve heard it’s pretty good.

take it from a kiwi
it's a great show

>creativity was once the main name of the game for being a CN show
>now it’s just throw shit on the wall and see what sticks
“Wacky fruit people do wacky things” sounds like a show that would be forgotten like Squirrel Boy or Out Of Jimmy’s Head