How long will New Age of Heroes books last?

Based on creative team, whether they have established characters or not, and whether the shilled-like-hell artist is leaving after 3 issues or not.

>The Immortal Men — James Tynion IV and Jim Lee (leaving)
>Damage — Robert Venditti and Tony S. Daniel (leaving)
>The Silencer — Dan Abnett and John Romita, Jr
>Sideways — Dan Didio and Justin Jordan and Kenneth Rocafort
>New Challengers — Scott Snyder and Andy Kubert
>The Terrifics — Jeff Lemire and Ivan Reis and Doc Shaner (both leaving)
>The Curse of Brimstone — Justin Jordan and Philip Tan
>The Unexpected — Steve Orlando and Ryan Sook

The problem with making these kind of predictions is that they'll always be inaccurate to some degree or another, so then what's the point of conjecture and speculation?

That being said, here are some predictions:
>The Immortal Men
a while. Tynion plans long-term, and people buy his books (fuck you Talon was good/Detective scratches my late 90s/early 00s batfam itch - brubaker/rucka era)
>Damage
the idea of a DC hulk might sell for a little while but I predict cancelled at 12 issues
>Silencer
This might last awhile. Abnett is reliable in both sales and long-term plotting, and Romita, ass as his art is, is a big name.
>Sideways
Will probably be the best, 8 issues and cancelled
>New Challengers
Will go for however long Snyder wants it to go. Will probably change artists.
>The Terrifics
lasting for a while I think. Artist replacements will be mediocre.
>Curse of Brimstone
12-18 issues - creative team is ehhh
>The Unexpected
over 20 issues. Hope Sook sticks around.

I expect Terrifics and maybe Damage lasting awhile.

jrjr is leaving too

Terrifics, Sideways, and Silencer seem the most promising. Damage doesn't appear to have the legs to last long, especially since 2 of his issues are already crossovers.

That said, I'm willing to give a few of these a chance

I believe Scott Snyder said all of these are guaranteed 12 issues. If they do well they can get extended.

LOL at Bendis stealing like half these guys for Man of Steel issues

Unless he gets too busy, his book and Terrifics are probably the only one getting more than 12 issues lmao
Damage is having 2 movie character guest stars in the first 4 issues.

lmao YOU JUST KNOW

they should get Dave Gibbons to replace him

it's that dude from new super-man that's replacing him

I can see Terrifics, Sideways, and New Challengers survive for a while. Damage, Unexpected, and Brimstone are kill. Silencer and Immortal Men are unknown but Immortal Men is fucked with Lee not being able to make deadlines.

>I can see Terrifics, Sideways, and New Challengers survive for a while
Those are the ones I'm most interested in.

My guess is all of them will get at least 12 issues

>Immortal Men
18-24 issues
>Damage
24-36 issues
>Silencer
18-24
>New Challengers
12 and they'll say it was a mini all along because Snyder will be busy with Justice League. Either that or it gets a new writer after 12
>Terrifics
24+
>Curse of Brimstone
>Unexpected

To be honest, I don't see any of these lasting very long. The industry doesn't support long runs anymore. Either readers lose interest or some event derails the run which causes readers to lose interest.

JRJR is being replaced by the Viktor Bogdanovic from New Super-man and Oz Effect, and it makes me much more interested in the title.

I hope the Terrifics last but I just see everything dropping into delay hell or getting canned at around the 12-18 mark.

Lee is gone after 3 issues

I seriously do not get why they advertised it as an artist driven imprint when they only signed them on for 3 issues.

Fuck I'm mad Shaner is leaving after like 2-3 issues.

Naw, I'd give Sideways a longer lifespan than Damage.

Damage will be lucky to even get as far as Doomed did.

Same.
DC has all these ideas for imprints but they either can't get them out on time (Young Animal) or the sales don't back them up (Wildstorm, Young Animal, Vertigo).

They pushed this shit like crazy, had big artists attached to most of them, and even delayed them a few months to come out after Metal, so you'd think they'd at least have artists for an arc.

If they wanted something for casuals to latch onto so they wouldn't feel like they'd have to read everything in existence, they literally just should done an imprint of elseworlds. One with Lee or Snyder would've sold like gangbusters. They already KNOW their elseworlds and self contained graphic novels sell.

Lee is the reason ASBAR and 1963 were never finished.

He was never gonna do more than 3, the same with Reis and probably Daniel and JRJR

And probably all these artists desu I don't understand DC pushing the artists so much if they're just gonna leave before an arc is done

Going from Reis to Shaner is gonna be whiplash and the artist after Shaner will probably be shit

it hurts

They could use who ever they got to fill in for Shaner on Future Quest.

Literally starting off destroying a new imprint.

giving the rude dude more work is always good

uhh no, I listened to a interview scott did recently and he said challengers is only 6 issues and then it's over, maybe different for other books

so they spent all that effort promoting this imprint just for it to die in a year lmaooooo

I think I remember Didio saying that Morrison is planned to co-write the second arc of Sideways, so that might last for longer than 6 issues

>people buy his books
Based on what? Talon died at 16k, RHatO went from 36k to 23k in one year. People buy everything Batman related, and he shows up in Tec regularly. His 50k on Tec is pitiful, that book should be at 65-75k range.
Tynion is a hack, has to co-write constantly and when he does, he brings the level of his co-writer down, vide Snyder. He's lucky he's friends with Snyder, otherwise he wouldn't set foot near DC.

This sounds like something Marvel would do.

It's time for the flip

Now marvel will get its shit together under Akira and DC will fumble after getting too cocky with Rebirth and Bendis
Then Sup Forums will begin to hate on DC again

THE TURN

The end of Metal, No Justice, the relaunch of all the teams, and Bendis will be the beginning of their downfall

It is written so it shall be

Rebirth's hype has completely died and all the imprints are a mess, then giving Bendis the keys to the kingdom
DC is kill

>marvel will get its shit together under Akira
Why do people keep repeating this baseless wishful thinking? What's your proof that he's not a yes-man promoted for some decent talent scouting? Just cause he's not an SJW on social media doesn't mean he's not gonna get bent over and forced into obedience like many before him. FFS he owes Amanat a favour since day1, after she had his back.