So I reread the entirety of The Adventures of Tintin comic series and I just want to ask...

So I reread the entirety of The Adventures of Tintin comic series and I just want to ask. How the fuck is it possible for someone to get knocked out that many times without getting permanent brain damage? Like seriously, throughout the entire series, he sustains some sort of head injury, like at least 1000 times.

His brain has a protective layer of plot, which insulates it from any permanent damage.

How hard is it to do in real life? Isn't it like really hard?

>So I reread the entirety of The Adventures of Tintin comic series and I just want to ask.
It's funny you ask that. At some point, a doctor wrote to Hergé, telling him that someone getting that many knock out as Tintin did would most likely have cause his death at this point. Form that point out, Hergé stopped to draw Tintin being knocked out.

Yes, Usually to be knocked unconscious requires a blow that'd injure you somehow.

He's Batman.

He's a thick headed kid.

Remember kids, this is how you retain a diverse readership.

Will Eisner explicitly mentioned it as well, that not alienating readers who know shit with bullshit is a good thing, but he's apparently not mainstream enough for anyone to care in the US.

It was a very heavy cliche at the time. Read any mid century detective novel and the MC will get knocked out every other chapter.

I wish Herge wasn't such a faggoty, easy to peer pressure pussy. With every suggestion like that his work became worse for it.

>what is the blue lotus ?

He was all about research, of course when an expert told him he was wrong he'd change it. He wasnt being pressured, he was realising he was innacurate regarding the presentation of something in his work and set out to improve, like any good artist would.

Kind of. You have to either a) get the brain to rattle against the skull, or b) hit a specific nerve cluster along the side of the jaw. Martial skill and/or being a big guy probably helps.

Same way Haddock still has a working liver.

Comic magic.

What the fuck are you even talking about

>How the fuck is it possible for someone to get knocked out that many times without getting permanent brain damage?
By comparing it to real life, you're overthinking it. As ponts out, this is and especially was everywhere in genre fiction, not because they thought it was true but because it's extremely narratively convenient to be able to knock the protagonist or another character out without any further harm. It's purely a storytelling issue.

>Belgian master race: "Okay, good point I'll switch to drugs and gas and write stories that feature less people getting knocked out in the future then."
>US mulatto plebs: "I AM WHITE ALSO MEINE PURITY OF GENRE CONVENTIONS."

Every single time.

I remember as a kid reading Tintin and writing whatever school work stories, I'd add "and he knocked him out cold" many times.

Because all low-level thugs carry around gas dispersion and drug-delivery devices on their person.

Extremely. Like, it's practically impossible to knock someone out via a blow to the head without inflicting permanent brain damage.

Herge didn't know about brain damage. It was a different time.

Professor Calculus is actually a hallucination when you think about the timing of the character's introduction.

What was the last album to show him getting knocked out?

>This post has gone un-For You'd for several hours
Dark times.

I dunno, if I was a goon and the boss said to only knock someone out and not kill them I would go out to get some chloroform and a rag.

Because it's not real.
I real life if a blow to the head knocks you out for more than a few seconds, than chances are something seriously fucking bad happened to your brain.