Cassandra Cain thread

Make her Batgirl again DC.

No.

/thread

I wish there was more stuff with Cass and Azrael interacting.

If only...

Mary Sue

Using a sword. Nope.

They are great together, Azrael should also meet Damina. All three had a similiar childhood. Was Damian genetically augmented as JVP though?

I love Cass, but is this a General now?

Give it a rest in between threads

Doubtful. I think someone just wants just a tiny bit more Cass. I mean we all do, but I agree. No generals.

No you're confusing with Barbara who is. Very common mistake.

Stop making a kid in an adult's body sexy.

Cass should become a Fist of the North Star character and become the successor of Shuu. Pic related is a pic of Shuu and Cass.

I hope Psu submits for the DC Workshop this year.

Hood + domino mask would look much better than the ear-less gimp mask.

Pretty sure Damian was a petri-dish uberbaby, so yeah, in a way

Me too. Psu deserves it.

But she’s not WOKE or SJW enough! We need Babs to stay Batgirl forever and fight the Glass ceiling! Yaasss Queen slay!!!

In seriousness, not gonna happen. The people at DC only want their favorites to stay as the heavy-hitters. And they are still trying to make Bab their Ms Marvel (and failing).

All it takes is one multimedia appearance to change that. Look at Harley. It ain't happening cause whomever has the Babs hardon realizes this too.

>HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT I ENJOY FIST OF THE NORTH STAR?
>I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD AT ALL SO LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT INSTEAD

I love a good Cass thread, but I'm curious - would a Steph thread get as much action?

What's a general?

I don't really NEED Cass to become a heavy hitter, I just want them to give her a fair chance to shine on her own. It's like Cass can't really grow in any fashion because of some competition with Babs when there isn't one, at least not to anyone that isn't in DC marketing. I mean they worked well together before, why not again. Shit, she might even boost Babs books.

I liked when Babs was Cass's mentor.

Wow, that's a really great page.

A watch her get wasted in Batman and play second fiddle to Bruce, Barbara, Dick and Daimen? Oh and Selina too, as she and Bruce are getting married.

Is this from Detective Comics?

More like "make her buttgirl" amirite?

Best batgirl.

no, now a stephcass thread would be so much better

Whore

I wish Cass was on the roster for Injustice 2, she's arguably more associated with martial arts than most other DC characters except for Batman and Black Canary.

Artist?

Yes, #955. Cass vs. A TON of ninjas.

Eh, there's been one or two in the past. But usually, it ends up with trolls mocking the character calling her the worst Robin etc etc. It just ends up full of baiting.

If there's a mobile version, she'll probably be on it again. Pisses me off that the original mobile had her and not the actual game. I'd buy the damn game if she was on it.

I'm beginning to wonder if that's the direction this is going. That Hope Larson's run is wrapping up and they'll put someone else on the comic. If one of Tynion's final tweets suggesting Babs be taking an interest in Cass in #975.

This looks a lot like the Voidani from Endless Space.

So is Sup Forums pretty much in agreement that Cass is the best bat?

Ooh, looks like she's suffered the old Backyard Bottomslash!

Yes. Steph is also good and Babs is better as Oracle.

Babs was pretty good as the heroes info network.

leave

Honestly, all we need to do is kidnap Joss Whedon and get him to write her into the Batgirl movie.

Shouldn't be hard, she's basically a more emotive River Tam, and he can get plenty of material to work with. After that, it's just a matter of casting a sufficiently Chinese Actress to perk China's interest and using that as Ammo.

Every gal Joss has written is a Batgirl. Buffy = Stephanie. River = Cass and Babs = Wesley.

Do you think that Cass would do well on the Teen Titans? Do you think that she and Raven would get along? Not that they would have to be BFF, just that they would get along well because they're both the quiet girls.

Sauce?

I'd like to know too. I've seen it before and it's beautifully haunting but I don't remember who made it.
I don't believe that Tomasi is actually taking over 'Tec, and I pray that he doesn't, but if he does and Cass needs a new home as a result, outside of getting her own book or one with the other teens, this would probably be the best possibility. Assuming the new writer actually wrote Babs properly.
Makes sense. She IS the best bat.
Is that Angel of the Bat fanart?

OP you're a son of a bitch. I can't stop looking at Cassies ass everytime I see this.

I did a thing that I hate. Looks like Spoiler to me. But you didn't say shit about a cape so maybe that's on me.

Babs is the worst though

>Damina
>Jean Valley Paul

Are you dsilxeci

It's fanart made by SaintYak on DeviantART.
His stuff is pretty good, I like his "Bat is Dead" series.

Thanks

No, Steph is best. But Cass is just a fraction of a hair from her.

I would love a League of Batgirls, but that doesn't seem likely.

Liefeldabomination

Maybe in Batman Beyond.

Cass is probably too much of a professional for the Titans. She is used to and expects Batman-level of denial of the self in the name of crime fighting with a low tolerance for fucking around.

>Katana

SHE'S CHINESE!

How about HOOD + Ninja Half mask. I really wish I had a better picture of her Hayabusa suit. It was sick.

I don't like Cassandra Cain/Batgirl. I've tried- I've read most of the issues, thanks to a friend who's a big fan. But I can't bring myself to like her.

It's just...she's so cliched in concept. And I know that now that I've said that, I'll probably get a few people going on about the "originality" of a fighter who can't speak and communicates through/perceives body language as an actual language.

And that is original, I suppose. But honestly my reaction to hearing that, even listening to the character being described was: "...Of course she does."

>Make her Batgirl again DC.
God no.

X-23. Healing factor + adamantium claws and talons gives her too much of an edge. If Laura gets her trigger scent then forget about it, Cass is dead.

She is a marysue. She's brilliant at fighting but then, really, that's all she can do.

Her past is tremendously angsty. Okay, I can dig that. She was trained as an uber-assassin by a villain. Makes sense. He was abusive and scary and raised her without the capacity for speech. It's a bit over the top for my taste, but it's original at least. And ties into a particularly neat ability to read people's body language like a book.

And naturally, she's not really a killer! After all that, she only killed someone once! When she was too young to know what she was doing! And she ran away immediately afterwards! At the age of 8. And she lived alone, incapable of speech until she hooked up with the Batclan at age 16/17 or so. ...now we're getting to things that I start to find hard to swallow. It's such a cliche. Someone raised to be a killer, but somehow managing to be so pure that she only did it once. When she couldn't possibly be blamed? And then immediately left? Because she was so good at heart, she couldn't take it? Oh, brother.

And of course, she's pure of heart! She's genuine, and good, and completely without artifice. She is haunted by that one horrible incident for years and even has something of a death wish because of it. She's tragic! She's so pure that she rescues a man from the death penalty because she's so against killing! She's the one character with the deepest and most sincere idea about what Bruce's mission is all about! Because of what happened to her. She feels it. Of course she does.

>Cass is dead.
This.

>adamantium claws and talons gives her too much of an edge.

Not even remotely. Both of those things are based on the idea that she would actually get hit. Which isn't happening.

Cass can knock Laura out in an instant and all the healing factor in the world isn't going to help her when she finds herself strung upside down by a lamp post.

Mary-sue.

Not every character has to be for everyone. A lot of people like Cass for the troubles she has as a person and stuff. It was definitely not uncommon to see those cliches pop up in the 90's and that era. X-23 is also very similar, but I imagine X-23 had her detractors too. But there are people who dig the sensitive soul kid warrior.

Healing factor in general is pretty bullshit OP so of course she wins without special weapons.

Okay.

she's a Mary Sue that can literally take out Wonder Woman .

Sup, same fag.

>Healing factor in general is pretty bullshit OP so of course she wins without special weapons.
No. Cassandra Cain is not a murderer and assassin .

Cassfag .There is literally no character more stupid than Cass.

You underestimate Laura, or just don't know much about her, her training and skill level is above Cass', and she is fast as fuck because she doesn't have an adamantium skeleton to slow her down.

I like Cass, but she loses that fight.

Someone trying to kill this thread or is this an actual conversation? I could probably point out how it was supposed to be her body language reading ability that triggered the revulsion at killing. And that, as a stance and a code, it's no different than most any of the Bat family.

Anyway, it's not an uncommon trope. The whole warrior that doesn't like to kill. But it's often pretty good stuff. Even as it's not for everyone, you still find characters that are pretty cool including X-23 or Battle Angel or Ruroni Kenshin and yeah. I can get why people don't find that really engaging as it can be repetitive. But hell, many of us like it when Bruce refuses to kill someone who deserves it.

But it speaks to people who feel strongly about characters with a moral compass that's against their nature. It's something about fighting against your upbringing that's deeply felt by a lot of people. And in a way it's not that far removed from people who feel trauma of having been a soldier or having done bad things in the past.

Regret is a powerful motivator. It's pretty nice when that self loathing also gets included with nice kung fu moves.

>Someone trying to kill this thread

Does the constant Mary Sue screaming not clue you in?

Training and skill level comparison depends on who's the main character of this story or who's writing. I mean, Ninja Assassin Training is roughly equivalent to Covert Black Ops Mutant Training. They're both main character material so they're often just as good as whatever the story needs them to be, skill level becomes moot.

What isn't moot is just Laura's built in powers and equipment which gives her a significant deadly upper hand.

>she's a Mary Sue
"Of course she is..."

Cass is ok but i much prefer Babs and even Maya to her.

Whilst I loved Cassandra's pre-OYL characterization, I have to honestly say I haven't been too much of a fan of how her abilities have been written. Well, at least any of the times it shattered my suspension of disbelief such as her dodging gunfire after the rounds have been fired. Which in all honesty wouldn't bother me at all if she was a metahuman instead of another one of the batfamily supposedly peaks. But her abilities aside, it's the powerful way in which Cass has always been able to get across so much relying on so little that always drew me in to her.

>such as her dodging gunfire after the rounds have been fired.

That never happened. She dodged where the guy was aiming, not the actual bullet.

That guy was specifically arguing that Laura's claws/talons wouldn't matter because she wouldn't even be able to touch Cass, which comes down to skill.
I'm just saying based off of what we've seen of both characters and what they can do, Laura has her beat in that compartment.

Sorry, have to disagree here. I never liked Cassandra as a character or her costume. Glad she's not Batgirl anymore and Barbara is back where she belongs. Oracle was a mistake.

, I despise Cassandra Cain; two dimensional unstoppable Waif Fu plot device of the month characters annoy me,-

>Oh no, you broke my arm that will almost instantly heal
>Oh no, you knocked me into a coma that I will instantly wake up from
>Oh no, you strung me up from a light post, too bad I don't have anything to cut myself down with.