Did you cry?

Did you cry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, god damn it.

I'm not mexican

Mexifag here, I did cry, mainly for my soft bone over the sick/mentally ill like grandma coco.
But i was mad at how super obvious the movie twist was, the moment Hector said he used to play music i knew he was who he was.

Yes. Three or more times. I thought it was going to be a lighthearted movie where the kid finds his way home, I was not expecting a feelercoaster.

There was moisture but nothing leaked out. Does that count?

Fuck yeah. I used to play guitar for my grandma over the phone so the part where he's singing to her got me so bad. Also when they put her photo on the ofrenda. Fuck dude, I miss my grandparents.

Yeah Jack, It does

I really don't cry at animated films, i dunno why. But this movie is sadder than Inside Out, I'll give it that.

yep

Fuck.

Then I did cry at the end with the grandma remembering. It was too much.

No, but it did get me sad. In other news,
I thought Ernesto's villain reveal was stupid.
Both his reveal to Miguel and to the Land of the Dead. I didn't mind him being a villain, though.

Almost immediately when I saw that he had an ancient leathery wheelchair bound grandma who drifts in and out of lucidity. My grandpa had died like 3 weeks earlier and that was what the last year of his life was, happy to see me but never exactly clear on who I was ("this is my son in law," he'd tell staff at the home, I didn't bother correcting him). I started crying pretty much immediately anytime a scene featured her and the final scene where she's with her mom and dad again got me bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=fyZQf0p73QM

That was the clumsiest aspect of the story, no discussion, but it was still a really sweet little film.

>inb4 that one angry Chicano

The white guitar had a skull with a gold tooth, once you see that and you see Manuel it's fairly obvious who he was, they weren't trying to hide it.

Also De La Cruz being evil was projected pretty loudly.

Pixar definitely saw this. Sometimes I think, that with the emotional movies, they see something that is a guaranteed tear-jerker and then they build a movie around it.

Nope. It was pretty mediocre.

Went my my mother, sister and grandma.
We all cried, and the things that surprised me was how my mother REALLY liked the movie to the point of talking about it to other relatives, I had never seen her talking about a cartoon movie, and also how my grandma (who is really old/forgetful) watched the whole thing without falling asleep, she was also very into it, I think she remembered my uncles sorry for the blogpost, but I went with low expectatives which turned out nicely

I haven’t seen it yet since I don’t want to see the stupid Olaf short, is it still part of the film I live in Texas so maybe it’s not part of it anymore

Coco looked so much like my actual grandma that I, in fact, lost it at the end.

The conflicting stories were so well done I was hoping there'd be a happy resolution.

When he started singing to his grandma I lost it.

Holy shit dude... the short was removed Dec 8th or 9th. You're good to go if it's still playing in theatres.

On a side note, an aversion to something that keeps you from seeing another is not normal. Try to find help for that.

Yeah. The ending where he started singing really got me and the rest of my family when we went out to see it.

Reminded me of my Great Grandmother who died when I was in middle school. But what I remember was when me, my sis and Dad were visiting her frequently some year or two before her death that I would wait through the day by playing games and only talk to her when spoken to. Feel like a real piece of shit about that and hold some regret for not treating her with respect.

>crying over spics
I didnt even bother after the first half of the movie.

Miguel's voice actor really knocked it out of the park with that last 'Remember Me'.

You can also enter late to the theater.

And get shitty seats, no thanks.

I did, yeah. Being latino an all

I thought the film was weak, but it did get to me emotionally.

autism?
lol

Yes, I cried at both the flashback and the ending.

almost as hard as I did during Inside Out

A cup of coco, thanks.

I think there was some indoors rain, yes

I almost did at the end when I realized how much I paid to see it. :-(

Didn't they already make a cinco de mayo-ish themed cgi movie?

What?

A Dia de los Muertos movie, and yes. It didn't get close to the amount of hype this one got.

From my penis, there were a bunch of cute little mexican girls in dresses in the theater and I could hardly focus when I realized their dresses rode up giving a glimpse of thier panties

Book of Life? Yeah, it wasn't as good.

The ending was sad but was I the only one who hated the kid for most of the beginning and middle part? I liked everyone but the kid

I'm Mexican and I gave no shits.

Not even the main character was a selfish little cunt, if he was a true Mexican he would have listen to his music hating abuelita.

How would you feel if Coco was a jukebox musical, but instead of modern pop hits they used old Mexican folk songs (except for Remember Me, of course)?

He absolutely deserved to win that Annie for Best Voice Acting
Tuve que morderme la lengua para no llorar abiertamente.
I wouldn't be too displeased.

No, but it was close.

Yeah. It sucked too because I cried at how much I knew I was going to cry. Just seeing her there and seeing him with the guitar, I knew it was going to be sad.

No, but it was damn close.

>Sup Forums hates Inside Out for being emotionally manipulative
>Sup Forums loves Coco because it made them cry
>Sup Forums hates Frozen because it deconstructed the Disney princess
>Sup Forums loves Tangled because it deconstructed the Disney princess

really activates my almonds

I've never seen Sup Forums hate Inside Out.
And Frozen threads got WAY out of hand. It was over hyped in general and lead to it be so analysed each flaw of it became clear as day.

i held it untill they put Coco's picture with the other's on the memorial
old people just make me so sad

like a little bitch, the final act just keeps punching you in the gut.

The difference is that Tangled and Coco are actually good.

Between their friends and neighbors being beheaded and babies getting stuffed with cocaine, where do Mexicans find the emotional energy to get sad over a cartoon?

Everyone always says they cried. I've never watched the movie, but why is it sad/emotional? Something to do with the grandma, I think I read, but I never knew my grandparents and have no cause to relate. I also don't know of anybody with dementia.

Go watch it, and see for yourself

Like a BITCH.

Did the dog die?

I saw the final scene on youtube before wathcing the movie and I still cried like a little bitch. This was the only time in my life when I started crying and didn't notice because I was so engulfed by the sadness of that moment

>what is this moisture in my eyes
>why does my chest hurt
>these feelings... just like when john coffey died
>I hate empathy

almost

fuckers just had to put tacky fonts exactly over a man reliving the best parts of his life
This is why we can never ever have nice things.

I teared up a bit, but it was mostly a happy story so I didn't cry more
Death isn't always the end, user

Same, Remember Me hits way too hard.

Once your family members start dying off you will understand.
Just like I did when my uncle was gone

My dad died a few years ago. He got sick and was gone within a month. There wasn't enough time for proper goodbyes as the cancer hit him like a truck.

I'm never going to watch Coco. But I guess people don't want to spoil anything, heaven forbid.

Sorry to hear that he went like this.

Proper goodbyes though? I heard those are for the living' sake if such even can be made.

Had a complete breakdown due to my unresolved issues with my dads death

Yes, Like a bitch!

yeah, i did.
they really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Just watched it this WE with my gf. Didnt cry till the last scenes with granny Coco. But then it hit me so hard, that i had trouble breathing.

I few tears rolled down my face. I was having trouble keeping myself together that my chest was starting to hurt. Probably the most I've cried from a movie.

Yeah, my grandpa died a like 2 weeks earlier and it actually helped me o remember good times with him

Im Mexican, so thats an understatement

i never fucking cried at a movie, not once, ever in my life. never ever. and I never cried ever at all. I am the autistic emotionally devoid kid who shows nothing. But at the end, i fucking chocked the fuck out. It was the first fucking time I ever fucking chocked out in public or in front of people. It was a new experience

The dog is actually able to cross back and forth between the land of the living and the land of the dead, so... technically, I guess?

My sister did, I haven't cried in years. Send help