So why isn't homestuck considered the Ulysses of the internet...

So why isn't homestuck considered the Ulysses of the internet? Why is it mocked when it is actually pretty good and dares to try something relatively new and fresh? It also takes on complex topics without being pretentious at all.

>without being pretentious at all.
The comic stopped to have a serious talk about toxic masculinity and abuse.

What, did the other bait thread not work out like you'd hoped?

When? When Dirk was acknowledging him being kind of an asshole? When Dave talk about his abusive Bro or whatever? Even if true, it is a minor thing compared with the rest. Also cannot forget the whole PEACHY situation. Hussie was also walking on eggshells desu.

>try something relatively new and fresh?

At the time of its early creation sure, ACT4 onwards? Nah.

It could've been remembered as the greatest innovation of 2000s' internet and possibly franchized into something even bigger, but instead it will be remembered as the greatest misstep of 2010s' webcomics, a great bundle of infinite wasted potentials.

>Terezi and Gamzee's whole bullshit relationship
>Rose and her mom's competing for who was better or whatever you wanted to call the pillow for the note on the fridge
>John's dad pranking him constantly
>Bro in general
Could go on for days before reaching act 6.

Personally, I think Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality is the Ulysses of the internet. Or maybe the Moby Dick of the internet.

Bro is a celebration of it. Despite being fucking crazy, he saved everyone's ass more than once...while looking cool as fuck. Dad is a role model for any potential dad. The Mom thing is more a critique at female passive aggressiveness, or can be seen as such. You are grasping at straws here.

>leaves the story really open-ended with Jack putting on the ring, killing the Black King, destroying Skaia, and starting the Reckoning
What did Hussie mean by this? Why didn't he ever finish Homestuck? He should pick it back up one of these days.

>plenty of stuff in later Homestuck to complain about in regards to muh tumblr
>proceeds to just spit bullshit and see things that weren't even there

are you retarded

Is this a meme? It is over. You can check it out. The ending is perfect.

I feel like this is all anything remotely amibious ever becomes, but maybe it’s just Sup Forums. Gravity falls, adventure time, countless others. Maybe It’s a lot easier to start a story than end it?

I followed the whole thing from day one, and every point you just made, without exception, is wrong

>So why isn't homestuck considered the Ulysses of the internet?
Because it was never finished

>Why is it mocked when it is actually pretty good
Sure, if you stop before the ending

>dares to try something relatively new and fresh?
"Spend years scamming people out of their money, then throw the comic straight in the trash" is hardly original. I can think of many other authors who have tried it

>It also takes on complex topics without being pretentious at all.
Both false

I'm pretty sure you're false flagging anyway, because nobody who has read Homestuck to completion would say or believe any of these things sincerely

It's fucking shit.

So how goes your head cannon sessions losers?

tfw the thread on Sup Forums just got deleted
150 posts god damn who knew nu-Sup Forums could have a comfy legit homestuck thread

Welcome to the land of no fun allowed fellow survivor, its a new chance for a god to help us

What am i looking at, it hurts

>So why isn't homestuck considered the Ulysses of the internet?

Because of people like you.

because hussie himself either stopped giving a shit
or had massive writer's block so he decided to let the people around him write the comic for him

homestuck sucks!

well at least we have pic related part for the "greatest innovation of 2000s' internet"

@98485838
(You)

Homestuck ruined my life
I want to kill AH IRL

It deserves to be mocked. Half of the series was shit and rather than make a new story the author decided to fester in that shit and milk it for all it was worth.

Now that that's out of the way, tell me about your dream Sburb game. Tell me how you would like to see things like the Time Aspect be handled and the kind of gameplay you would like to see.

>>Rose and her mom's competing for who was better or whatever you wanted to call the pillow for the note on the fridge
>>John's dad pranking him constantly
....what is wrong with these?

what makes it all so terrible is that there was legitimate greatness in it. It really did have the highest highs and lowest lows of any piece of comics related media I've read

Buried in homosuck was a really good story you could tell with five or six characters in a year or two.

UNFORTUNATELY Hussie went full retard and just kept expounding on the narrative every time he felt like it until the plot was so convoluted and unrecoverable that there was no satisfying way to end it. I mean that's his curse, look at the video game, what's he bragging about now? MAKING ASSLOADS OF POORLY CHARACTERIZED TROLLS.

This is what his fans want but it's no way to run a railroad. Also everything he's doing now he should have been doing years ago, he really missed the boat on his own fandom.

Ignoring the fact that Gamzee and Terezi is part of the later comics bullshittery, and that thing about Dad who's actually the chillest character in the comic and plays harmless pranks as a bonding exercise with his son. Ignoring all that, Bro and Mom's dysfunctional relationships with their wards were neve meant to be big deals. Mom was just a typical stinking rich scientist mother who sometimes had overblown drama with her daughter. Bro was some deadbeat twenty-something year old who liked music, doritos and Tony Hawk Pro Skater in 2009. Then the dude found some space slime baby and raised it as his own, all the while teaching him sword fighting and freaking him the fuck out like any proper bro. Andrew made an offhand comment in the books that REALISTICALLY Bro's and Dave's relationship would be abusive, but it's a stupid comic about chessmen and space-bugs. Imagine if the comic had taken breaks for Jade to lament to someone about how the years of growing up on an island with nothing but a dog and the remains of her dead grandpa had taken a tole on her, and thats why she has character flaws.

I'm 90% Cohen wrote the last pages of Homestuck after the final pause

John fighting Bec during the timeskip was probably the single most satisfying thing to happen in Homestuck
Too bad John never got a full fight with anyone and had the most depressing ending no one noticed

>MFW people still think Homestuck is a thing

Speaking of Jack, why did Hussie leave his backstory unfinished? What happens after he enters the vault?? Who's Lord English??

being john is truly suffering

god fucking dammit stop reminding me of all the unresolved plot points I repressed after leaving this dumpass shitshow

Problem Sleuth is genuinely Hussie's best work. Probably the only series he's seen to completion. It's a crime that Homestuck was chosen over Blood-Spade

I think homestuck is closer to the kingdom Hearts of webcomics.

It's fucking weird, has some actually pretty fantastic moments, but is so far up its own ass and so convoluted that if you weren't following it from day one it's kind of not worth it, but there also aren't really any other alternatives that does what it does better.

Got the hsg edit of young Vriska?