Can we have a thread dedicated to Blue Diamond, a major character from Steven Universe?

Can we have a thread dedicated to Blue Diamond, a major character from Steven Universe?

I think she is an interesting individual, and a nice subversion of the stereotypical tyrant. Here's hoping we can see more of her in the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8f37UIvVA
charcoalman.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Diamond-656287451
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66762082
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

None of the characters from Steven Universe are interesting.

Why not?

I don't watch SU but every fucking time I see a thumbnail of Blue Diamond, my brain reads it like this.

Blue Diamond is going to ally with the Crystal Gems eventually I think. The way her character arc is going, it seems like an obvious conclusion.

I also hope that it kickstarts some other things like a Garnet arc.

You know a how lot of people think the theory that Rose is Pink Diamond is true, I wonder if this did come true and Steven is really Pink Diamonds son and is Blue Diamond going to react to this news? hell she even almost killed him.

Pull out his gem and bring PD/Rose.

>ally
uh she fucking wanted the Garnet moppets shattered.

Blue is the most attractive Gem. I hopes she pounds greg.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and this show will get canceled before the writers ruin her character.

I doubt she even remembers that one time.

She's probably just as cruel as yellow or even more so, her non-violent demeanor right now is just a result of her being in grief over Pink and Yellow even suggests that she's neglecting her duties as a Diamond because of it.

Before Pink was shattered, Blue was pretty menacing towards Ruby.

>"boohoo my sister died five thousand years ago boohoo"
>interesting

BD wants to know the truth, and depending on how PD's death reveal will play out, it can go either way.

Great character
Love that VA
youtube.com/watch?v=Kv8f37UIvVA

Blue diamond from the tumblr art thread a while back.

delete this image from your hard drive and anywhere else you might have it, burn the computer and storage after that, then find someone to give you forty lashes with a thorn-lined whip.

don't tell me this is real.

She sound like a dark souls boss.

Her hair's fucking dumb. The only gem who doesn't have a disgusting design is Lapis, and she's shit.

I looked at this and immediately had to vomit, but as I was on the toilet at the time I was forced to puke into my bathtub.

So thanks for that, user, you jerk.

I love blue

>Blue diamond
>Disgusting design

You should be shattered.

>pink guy fuses with blue diamond

Yeah, maybe she fused with her shards or something, that's why it's so ugly.

imagine if a young female relative (daughter, sister, niece, cousin, etc), one of like 3 people in the universe who you respect, and one who you're extra protective of, dies a mysterious death bc her pet rats started a revolt. and imagine that she only got those pet rats because you felt she was responsible enough to have pets. and on top of that, imagine not being able to have a normal, human emotional response, and having an incredibly warped sense of time due to being essentially immortal.

her experience could be equivalent to someone finding out their dog mauled their toddler to death, except instead of it being a "dangerous breed", the dog was a fucking pug or dachshund.

who is the madman who created this?

I like Blue Diamond, but only because my fetish is giant women.

I theorize that YD and BD figure out it was WD who ultimately arranged to shatter PD. By giving her a defective sapphire(Paddy-chan) as a means of protection, also basically using Rose as a spacegoat. Note Bismuth remarked on Stevens Sword and how it was specifically designed to poof a gem and never to shatter a foe. Blue Zircon brought up a damn good point as to wtf was everyone in PD's court if she was supposedly shattered outside her palaquin. Pearl probably fucking was the killer or betrayer assigned to PD by WD, and pearl likely felt like shit that Rose got blamed because Rose's ideology was dangerous to the Gem homeworld order, so Pearl dedicated her life to protecting Rose because she wanted to make up for her sin and then genuinely fell in love with her and the idea of CHOOSING who she wanted to be. Note how Pearl trembled at the PD mural on moonbase.(Btw if anyone did not notice the placement of their gems correspond to the Diamond authority symbol.)

Bamp

goddammit, cant unsee it now.

yoga days

Good man

No signature so I'm gonna assume that this was made as a joke to make fun of that kind of Tumblr art.

Remember when we thought Connie was Blue Diamond?

Noice

would unironically loved it.

Her official design is cute but I still love this old theoretical design

I know, right? it's so obvious now that Connie is Pink Diamond's descendant.

who drew that? I like it, it's beautiful and macabre at the same time.

She's supposed to be Emily

I know who it's suppose to be, I've seen the Corpse Bride. I want a source, if the initial image poster can remember it.

realized that image might be too borderline for a blue board. thought I had my shit sorted better.

why are the most recent eps so terrible

where are the good songs and adventures

Why does she have three mouths?

I'm sad and lonely /sug/

please be my friends

charcoalman.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Diamond-656287451
This nigga

top and bottom are lines for her lips, middle is where the lips would part.
this is a Blue Diamond thread. generals aren't allowed on Sup Forums typically.

>Opal in short shorts
hhhnnngh

I know, I forgot to spoiler

god bless nippon

Honestly the gem empire could be really similar to a kingdom in dark souls if given enough time as the gems lose themselves to time and become twisted hollow versions of who they one were.

>Lapis
>Shit
My nigga.

>Look what you've made to me!
Nothing murders my boners more than broken English.

Kos?

SAUCE, SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUCE?

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=66762082 (clearly NSFW)

i still question Garnets memories. It seems oddly out of character of Blue to be so entirely heartless. And they play the "Ruby is so pissed at Blue diamond" during the zoo episode too obvious. I feel like it's a red herring.

I took what we saw was Steven's interpretation of what Garnet was telling him. I thought that was the most common way that was taken, have things changed?

Also wasn't what we saw supposed to be not only thousands, maybe tens of thousands, of years ago, which is plenty of time for a character to change, but before Pink Diamond was shattered? Also for all we know she could only really care about other Diamonds while everyone else are not people in her eyes. We don't know.

even though the timeline is very vague in SU, i think the war for earth for only like from 5000 to 6000 years before today, thus for a diamond, who thinks of 5000 years as it happened just yesterday, there wouldn't be enough time for her to change(before the shattering) And i don't see how seeing your sister-ish getting killed would mellow you out instead of making you more angry.

>Also for all we know she could only really care about other Diamonds
But she is one of the very very few who accepts humans as being intelligent enough to be comparable to gems, even the crystal gems sometimes act like humans are just animals, and is willing to run the Zoo for her dead sister. Also she keeps the Rose Quartzes save, also she was angry at Yellow for poof'ing the zircons out of rage.
She clearly is more caring than your average gem

Blue Diamond was very angry during that flashback, and probably not just because of the inter-class fusion taboo. Sapphire had failed to bring about a prediction that could have ended the war right then, something that's seemingly almost unheard of in their society, because of Ruby's actions. And she might have misinterpreted Ruby's accidental fusion as her forcibly fusing with Sapphire against her will in an overzealous attempt to "protect" her. She might have given Ruby a fair trial and been more lenient if Sapphire spoke up in her defense, but Sapphire panicked and ran off with Ruby to save her life, and then they joined the Crystal Gems, and the rest is history.

And yeah, there's also the taboo against inter-caste fusion. That was probably a contributing factor, and it's the part Garnet focuses on because she likes feeling morally superior to her ideological enemies.

Steven Universe is fucking garbage. Piss off.

>Smiles at Steven knowing she will finally destroy Rose Quartz

This makes me sad because the person who drew it probably thought it was a good idea.

I want to talk more about it now.

If Garnet ever has an arc, it should deal with her own perception of herself and highlight how she views herself in high regard and how she is hostile to those who in her eyes challenge those views.