LOL

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=hard vs soft science
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It’s almost like you need to follow the book’s advice before you get better.

He should try a noose next.

>He

there's only one cure for this kind of mental illness...

>worshipping a dead kike on a stick
>cure for a mental illness

Maybe you should try it. It might help yours.

Are they getting fatter or is he just lazy at drawing

>worshipping science even though you'd have no way to verify a lot of this information for yourself especially space related stuff so you put your faith in someone else's word

Hehe xd

Oh my

His art has deteriorated

>literally too dumb to understand science so he chooses religion
user, come on you're giving believers a bad name.

>implying you understand science
>implying you won't eat shit off a plate if scientists tell you it's good for you because the word of the science community is like the word of God to a religious nut to you people
Why aren't you a scientist then?

Epistemological concerns aren't unique to either science or religion, friend. Tautologically, any unjustified belief is, in fact, unjustified. This has no bearing on its truth value or utility.

Oh come on now! They try as hard as someone can with crippling depression.

>implying I made those implications

Hey man, I am just point out that the world has just replaced religion with science. Think of it this way, we are using science to craft unscientific minds. Don't think as long as someone tells you what's right and wrong and what's real and what's fiction. As long as it's "backed by science" it's as good as hearing "because it's gods will"

>unrepairably
He should pick up an English book next time.

Those who are too stupid or uneducated to verify the science will indeed need to choose who they believe, yes.

It's the job of the education system to ensure that most people ARE capable of verifying the science, and it's the scientific community's obligation to peer review and fact-check studies.

We aren't using science to craft unscientific minds, retarded authoritarian right-wingers are using psychological tactics to undermine the average citizen's ability to be scientific.

It's a he.

Well, yeah. Lemmings cling onto things that validate their opinions and choices without doing any actual research themselves. Being told "do this because science says it's good for you" is literally no different than telling them "do this because God says it's good for you" because they don't research anymore after they hear validation. People are just lazy.

>boy galaxy
Of course these comica are made by an SUfag

>We aren't using science to craft unscientific minds,
Actually we do when you write retarded opinion pieces and you scientific sources don't even need to be named. All while claiming your article is back by science.

Stop shilling your shitty comic, faggot

>when you write retarded opinion pieces
You seem to have mistaken me for some kind of clickbait writer

But I'll indulge you, give me an example of these terrible and ubiquitous pieces that claim to be backed by science and that everyone believes despite there being no sources

I want to see what you think justifies your tantrum.

Exactly. It's why I hate it when people praise science but don't realize a lot of these supposed lovers of science are as far away from having a scientific mind as possible. It's just rebranded faith at that point.

>Being told "do this because science says it's good for you"
Who the fuck says this

Who the fuck believes this

Why are you making shit up

Anything to do with gender dysphoria. And I didn't mean you imply YOU were writing these garbage clickbaits, just that clickbaits is using "science" without actually using science and it's a hot trend.

Are you honestly denying that people prop up what they believe to be scientific facts without actually verifying these facts themselves because that's always happening dude.

>Anything to do with gender dysphoria
Haha, oh wow.

I don't even need you to elaborate, I can already tell whatever you say is gonna be some retarded pseudo-science bullshit.

So gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness? Why science used to classify it as such and only now they decide to change it without any real logic backing their decision.

>Are you honestly denying that people prop up what they believe to be scientific facts without actually verifying these facts themselves
No, I'm denying your idiotic assertion that people prop up "science" alone and use the term as if it were religious, and the conflation of sourceless claims and scientific ones.

Even the retards peddling magic healing stones have a bunch of verbal diarrhea they pretend is scientific to justify their claims as opposed to leaving it at "LOL SCIENCE PROVES IT"

Dude, trans people literaly have their brains programed as the opposite gender, you can actualy see it.

So you don't know the difference between a hard science and soft science, nor do you know the difference between a verifiable fact and a societal (read: arbitrary) distinction.

Yep, I was right, it was some retarded bullshit.

But people DO do this. They prop up unverified information. All. The. Fucking. Time. And worse, they try to explain it with unverified reasoning.

OPRAH 2020

>hard science
>soft science
There is just "science". This is what I'm talking about.

>there is no difference between scientific disciplines considered "hard" or "soft"
>"there is just science"
>not the scientific method, "science"
You're a fucking moron and one day I hope you realize just how little you understand of what you're talking about.

wew

>but that's wrong, people say stuff is backed by "science" with no elaboration all the time
>they even elaborate with total bullshit that is easily seen for what it is by anyone with a functioning frontal lobe
Do you see the contradiction here, user?

WAAAAAAAAAAAH
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
IM SO SAD, LOOK AT ME, PAY ME ATTENTION
FEEL SORRY FOR ME

I'm pretty sure this guy is going so far off the deep end he's finally realizing he's fucking insane and cannot be helped

But if everything you do is a choice and a sociopath can choose not to be a serial killer and seek medical help, then why can't people suffering gender dysphoria choose not to crossdress and seek medical help to fix their brains, not their bodies?

OK user. Tell me the difference between hard and soft science. Tell me how the process of experimentation can be expressed with hard and soft.

Are you not seeing my fucking point?

>soft science
Did you mean "random bullshit because that's what I heard.

>"[religious claim]"
>prove it
>"there is no proof, only faith"

>"[scientific claim]"
>prove it
>okay, have this cell phone i invented

I know which one I'm picking desu

Has he really gotten fat as fuck or did he draw himself that way because his fine motor skills are deteriorating?

I just hope he gets help, it was fun for a while but its hitting too damn close to home seeing him falling apart like this

>okay, have this cell phone i invented
>in response to the premise "there is no god ;-)))"

>I can't fucking google
lmgtfy.com/?q=hard vs soft science

Psychology and the study of mental illness is a social, or soft, science.

Read a fucking book.

This is some next level retardation

You're clearly not seeing mine

he hiit rock bottom when he traded a blowjob for a place to crash and then got beaten up by his uncle
its a shame all these crazy people are always playing victim and acting like cunts because i would pay to read a comic about all this crazy shit like megg mog and owl but even more insane

It's actually fairly easy to disprove of the Abrahamic faiths.

It was so easy the religious people have decided to shift all the fire and brimstone you earn from not following the very specific rules of the Lord to a theoretical hereafter which both absolves the religion of proving their gods anger AND proving their god is the correct one.

Have you never found it quite suspicious that God was very happy to turn people to salt or sick bears on them right up until greater Empires were forming and the widespread idea of "Miracles of wrath" suddenly became much less provable?

It's a bit hard to claim your god smote an entire city in an era where the Empire can just recount it's records that have existed long before your doomsday cult did.

It's one thing to say "you can't 100% prove God isn't real", but it's quite another to say "you can't trust scientists about anything", which is what was going for.

Also, I'm God. Prove me wrong, fag.

Jesus christ this thread is a fucking mess.
Its very simple, science is the process of study and experimentation. If you are taking in "scientific facts" without studying/experimenting or verifying them yourself, to understand them yourself, you are then taking in whatever they say with what is called FAITH. Now is faith a bad thing? I don't think so, not always. Faith is just how societies function, its trust. Its why i never understood why faith with religion is bad but faith in a scientist is good when really the process for the individual is exactly the same, the difference is the who you are putting faith into but you are still relying on the flawed concept of faith and personally faith alone is not enough to accept something for me. They are just agreeing with what they are being told. Thats it.

>The religion vs science argument can be summed up with legos, humans being the little Lego people in this case. In religion they give thanks and follow a code for happiness supposebly givien by the creator, in this case the manufaturing company. Science would have these Lego men wank themselves off for figuring how that the lego bricks fit together and denouncing the factory that assembled them.

>trusting a group of people because they have a track record of being right is equivalent to trusting a group of people because they threatened you with torture

The concept of it is retarded. Either you are able to stufy and experiment with something or you're not. Science is the method in which we come to a conclusion. There is not "hard" or "soft" unless you are deliberately taking a non scientific method were you can not actually study or experiment the subject. If you can't actually study and experiment with the subject, you aren't approaching it scientifically.

I don't think anyone would believe him if he suddenly became sane tomorrow and started writing down the shit he did and went through. But as it is now hes fucking crazy and will never get better, only confined.

The bible has a tract record of being right too though. As I said, if you aren't studying and experimenting, you are using FAITH. I don't think this is always a bad thing, but you are just as ignorant and flawed if you have faith in science just as someone is ignorant and flawed if they have faith in religion. You are two sides of the same damn coin. Verify things for yourself, this is the best way to come to a factual conclusion.

Not the other guy but my understanding was that "soft sciences" like taxonomy, anatomy, or pre-neuroscience psychology were more concerned with cataloguing, defining, etc. as opposed to experimentation and prediction. Not sure if that clears it up.

And I am just saying that is dumb. By definition science is the process of study and experimentation. That is it.

i just dont trust anyone
is the scientific process perfect? sure, but i dont have the time or knowledge to verify everything myself, nobody does, and even then the data could have been tampered with or they could be ignoring variables on purpose
i dont need to know how starfish are able to reproduce, im better off focusing on why would someone want to lie to me about global warming and try to find out the motivations and amount of histeria behind it, journalists and politicians aren scientists either

>If you are taking in "scientific facts" without studying/experimenting or verifying them yourself, to understand them yourself, you are then taking in whatever they say with what is called FAITH
Except no, no you're not.

Faith is belief without evidence. More specifically it's belief without the POSSIBILITY of evidence.

There is plenty of evidence that the scientific community at large, which is decentralized and highly incentivized to discredit improper findings and repeat proper ones, can be trusted. In addition findings are published by journals which have their own reputations and verifiable findings.

Whereas with religious faith, the very idea of their being evidence undermines the concept entirely.

There is no comparison here without insane levels of reductionism (which I've noticed has become a favorite tactic/philosophy of people of late - it's honestly getting dangerous because reductionism is stupid as fuck)

>The Bible as a track record of being right.

No it doesn't, even it being a collection of works from a dozen or so Scholars they get their own details fucking wrong.

Biggest examples being Sodom and Gomorrah aka "Jews don't know shit about Geography"

Sure is comics and cartoons in here.

i dont believe hanselmann is sane for a second but i still like his comics

Religion existed to explain the unexplained and to keep the masses in check. It's not really needed at this point but people cling to it almost entirely because they fear the concept of death.

>Except no, no you're not.
Except yes, yes you are.
Evidence is something you observe with your own eyes. Just because someone says its evidence and you are too lazy to verify if it is in fact evidence or a coincidence ect, then you are taking what they say with faith. Period

>he hiit rock bottom when he traded a blowjob for a place to crash and then got beaten up by his uncle
Hey, I thought that was Schmorky.

Well, not so. Abrahamic faiths existed to oppress and rule over the nomadic Israelite tribes beforehand.

I honestly thought I stumbled into /his/ for a bit.

>is the scientific process perfect? sure,
Its not. We still don't understand how the fuck gravity is working. We know it exists, thats obvious, but how it works? up in the air. We have a lot of theories, and some more convincing than others, but we don't have any hard proof on how the fuck this works.

The word kike literally comes from Jews hatred of Jesus. Because they could not sign their names on the forms when they immigrated but refused to sign with an X because it was too similar to a cross. So they signed with a circle or 'kikel' and became known as kikes. Also Jesus is alive and in heaven, not on a stick. So you're 0 for 3.

>The concept of it is retarded
Cool story bro, I'm sure all those scientists who want to make a distinction between fundamental natural sciences and things that are inherently more subjective and prone to societal influence as opposed to being absolute are just silly. They should've listened to your genius all along.

Oh, wait, no, you're just a random moron that didn't even bother to read google for five seconds

Not even remotely. Soft sciences are still enactments of the scientific method. The difference is that something like Physics yields immutable laws and something like Psychological experimentation yields correlations and findings with subjective elements or interpretations as a direct result of the topic itself.

>I didn't read beyond the first sentence of that post
Cool story, bro.

thats part of the process, of course you wont know how it works until there is more data
isnt this schmoky?

And that is a flaw in the scientific method how, exactly?

Why do you assume this? Its very simple. Either you can verify evidence for yourself, or you put your faith into someone that supposedly did.

Many good men waste their talents trying to reason with morons like you. That's why science is in the state it's in.

>I am just point out that the world has just replaced religion with science.

There are two billion Christians, and a billion Muslims and Hindu believers on this planet. The problem here is, ironically, that you really know nothing about this subject or any other, and yet seem so righteously convinced that you will scream your opinion to the heavens.

You've gobbled up pop science articles and clickbait, decided you are far more clever than everyone else, and come to us to peddle your thoroughly unjustified beliefs on the subject of unjustified beliefs.

Here's a hot tip: everyone justifies their beliefs. All of us. It's just that we tend to spend very little energy justifying beliefs that don't matter to us. So when someone believes that aspartame causes cancer based on bad science or that there were three wise men sent to Jesus based on lazy retellings, it's not because of God or Science with a capital S. It's because it doesn't fucking matter to them, bruh.

So rest easy. Morning news shows claiming cancer is linked to psychopathy based on a single post-grad's survey isn't a threat to the divine.

>Why do you assume this?
It's not an assumption. You either didn't read the post beyond the first line or you didn't understand a lick of it.

>"Can you believe these Republican dumbasses who still deny that climate change is real? Some people just refuse to embrace what science has proven time and time again."
>"Oh yeah, last time I checked there are 28 genders now. And still counting!"

Every time.

>That's why science is in the state it's in
At the highest point of human knowledge and capability in all of history?

Hang on, let me lament the state of scientific discovery on this virtual imageboard I'm posting to wirelessly from my fully developed turing machine.

I'm not saying the scientific method is flawed. I'm saying people have replaced their faith of god with a faith in science. They are two sides of the same coin, total lemmings. If you aren't verifying something for yourself, you are putting your faith into someone else who supposedly did. If you do this, you are faithful and no different from the religious zealot. After all, its not YOU that is different, you aren't the scientist studying or experimenting after all, you are the lemming lapping it up just as the religious fool laps up his pastors words.

>height of science
>when basic facts of sex and hormones are ignored and actively persecuted if talked of openly in favor of liberal arts that managed to scam thier way into the STEM category
Laffin

You're clearly losing the argument because you resort to childish insults instead of *gasp* actual evidence backed up by some kind of scientific inquiry. The problem is, people like you are being pandered to more and more and giving you more and more credibility.

Different tranny, never had an actually funny or endearing phase, just made comics about being a tranny.

>I'm not saying the scientific method is flawed
But you just did. You literally said that it's not perfect because we don't yet understand how gravity works to 100% certainty

>I'm saying people have replaced their faith of god with a faith in science
And again: saying this with a straight face just means you don't understand what faith is. You're being reductionist. You're being stupid.

Faith is belief without even the possibility of evidence. You CANNOT verify the claim, and if you could (even if you don't actually do it) it's not faith.

Yeah, it really gets on my tits how Science won't stop putting articles about gender identity in all the physics journals.

*tips fedora in swedish*

>basic facts of sex and hormones are ignored and actively persecuted if talked of openly
I'll take "things that only happen in the mind of angry stupid 13-year-olds" for 500, alex.

>use peer-reviewed evidence from scientific inquiry to prove that there is a distinction between hard and soft science
Are you literally retarded? I was just joking but if you are actually legit mentally handicapped it would be mean to keep taunting you.

That's not because of people like you who need your sensibilities stroked and fantasies put into law. You're like Trump taking credit for unemployment dropping across the last decade.

>I was just joking

So was god when he made you.

>That's not because of people like you who need your sensibilities stroked and fantasies put into law
I don't know what imaginary enemy you've projected onto me, but it's pretty fucking funny watching you project all your insecurities all over Sup Forums

>you're losing because you're resorting to childish insults