A Newly Vibrant D.C. Fears That Trump Will Drain Its Culture

>WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama has burned off her date-night meals at Washington’s new generation of acclaimed restaurants by pedaling at SoulCycle. President Obama has shopped for Jonathan Franzen novels with his daughters at local independent bookstores. Obama administration staff members, their barhopping chronicled in the gossip pages, have hit the 14th Street hot spots hard.

>What the effect on Washington will be when Donald J. Trump moves into the White House is hard to predict. But many Washingtonians fear the worst. Among them is Vincent Gray, the city’s mayor during much of the Obama administration.

>“I’m worried about people not wanting to come here because of the image they have of the Trump administration,” Mr. Gray said.

>Now a member of the City Council, Mr. Gray said the engagement of Mr. Obama and his family with the city has been “tremendously uplifting.”

>“Their presence in the city brought a level of dynamism that just wasn’t there before,” he said.

>“D.C. is going to take a really hard hit, culturally, socially, everything. We were really finding our footing; we weren’t second to New York,” said Jazmine Johnson, a graphic designer who said she now planned to move to New York.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o3Es-PRMAg0
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGgkOUVTmo
nytimes.com/2012/06/24/opinion/sunday/farewell-to-chocolate-city.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just astoundingly stupid.

>Vibrant
>D.C.
They really have to be sarcastic here. There's no one in the world that would unironically call that shithole "vibrant"

aka (((lobbyists))) are out of work, and the public-private sector complex aka crony capitalism takes a hit

good, fuck them

Good. Maybe it will go back to the murder capital of the US like it was from 1980-1995

>vibrant

I live in DC, born and bred. There is no fucking culture. It's all a bunch of hipster restaurants owned by rich white millennial faggots, immigrants who have no interest in learning English let alone assimilating, and a bunch of broke niggers. The people concerned about DC losing its "culture" are the transplants who come for a few years, trash the city and dip. Fuck DC man.

DC is has been the single most crime ridden city in the union..... oh wait... that's in the black neighborhoods where niggly Obama never visited to... I guess they don't count.
Seriously though he's not even in the whitehouse yet and their trying to scare monger people with the most irrelevant shit. If anything DC is loooooong overdue for some cultural enrichment of the Trump kind.

>vibrant

By culture you mean all the hipster restaurants owned by that democrat pedophilia satanist ring?

In that case go ahead. drain the swamp.

DC is one of the few cities in the world that's becoming steadily whiter.

Ironically this is probably due to Obama adding so many million dollar lobbyist and consultant jobs.

>We were really finding our footing; we weren’t second to New York,
Are they fucking delusional? Aside from the historical and government buildings, the place is a dump. Not second to New York? What?

If they thought trips by the First Family was somehow raising the entire city in any way, it shows how pathetic it must be.

It's a pretty sweet city actually. If you ever leave your gated community where mommy and daddy live, you may find that most cities contain a wide variety of neighborhoods and people.

If being a bunch of satanists who rape little children to death and then cook them and eat is "Vibrant (pizzagate) then............kill them all?

Hail Trump! DC is a picture of modern American liberalism, wealthy bureaucrats kept safe in their gated communities from the violent blacks they cater to!

Artificial cities are pretty commie-like, especially governmental centers like Washington D.C., Brussels and Brasília, in that they try to make the State look cold, pragmatic and immovable. While there certainly is an organic and natural growth in and around its periphery where actual people go to live and work, these bureaucracy hubs are pure cancer meant to make it impossible for the concerned citizens to protest and harass politicians (as they deserve so).

No, it's a shithole.

>swamp culture

I'll bet you that's what the article is actually about.

>Cities have neighborhoods.
>Cities have people.

Is this your argument? What are in the fucking 3rd grade?

>DC
>Vibrant culture

I'm sorry, what? Half of DC is elitist liberals, and the other half is a slum that nobody wants to even drive through.

>dc elite culture

Bout time some of these bloated egos get a taste of what the recession did to the rest of the country.

hahahahahahahah

You are only talking about Georgetown/South West. Everything almost immediately East of the National Mall is a shithole

Isn't DC 90% nigger crackheads and all the people who actually work there just commute?

Pretty much actually. Nobody who works in DC, lives in DC

>Muh pussification!
Trump will grab them by the pussy

I'm trying to be a cop in DC and from what I've read it's a fucking nightmare, even near the White House. Only some areas like Georgetown are nice and not overrun with feral niggers.

I've been there twice. Fucktons of homeless people lying everwhere, a layer of garbage and litter over every other street, with mobs of fat, greasy black people that never stop yelling. It's shit. One of the worst places I've ever been to in my life.

>yoga studios
>progressive rabbis
>young, gay and diverse
>Coffee Bar
>culture

So white people only have culture when they're SWPLs?

youre a retard. NW dc is some of the fanciest shit in the country.

>Obama has shopped for Jonathan Franzen novels
Should be grounds for impeachment

>Obama administration staff members, their barhopping chronicled in the gossip pages
Is this really a thing?

Washington Swamp Culture

Pizza

Spirit Cooking.

Hahahahah

>elitist booing

>one if the highest crime rates in the country
>not wanting to go there because of trump
How ridiculous.

vibrant is codewrod for a lot of blacks?

Like? Please do tell. I'm from a fancy city myself so I doubt it will be impressive.

You realize most Americans have visited DC before, right? You're not fooling anyone by pretending it's not total shit.

Please tell me she has a penis. A very tender, feminine penis.

"Vibrant"

Guys STOP. OP's argument is already dead... it's already dead. (cries)

I came to the D.C. metro area in the 80s and can confirm.

Pretty much. There are enclaves of extreme wealth where the Obamas have bought their new house, but if you go one block the wrong direction you're in the fucking hood again.

You need some serious money for a decent townhouse on Capitol Hill, extreme money for Georgetown, and inherited money for Dupont Circle. These people have drivers, their homes are on the Historic Register, and their kids go to St. Albans.

Feds don't have the kind of cash to live here, so they live in Fredricksburg or Frederick and drive in every day. It's insane. The contractors can live closer in, Bethesda or Chevy Chase or Arlington, but most of them are foreigners and/or are insecure who would rather have their Mc. Mansions in Germantown or Rockville.

What, you did an internship on the hill, right? Lived with a few other hipsters renting a house in Kalorama, went to the strip bars in Georgetown, maybe even went to the Air and Space Museum?

God I hate touristas.

When Trump moves in I wonder if that black mold that was growing on all the monuments will disappear.

it's full of niggers and crime lol

youtube.com/watch?v=o3Es-PRMAg0

People have already forgotten the niggers who drove around DC and killed white people out of the back of their car.

Trump should ride into D.C in January on a horse and torch the entire place.

They were muslim niggers too. Not just regular niggers.

georgetown, dupont, kalorama, logan circle - the only fancier cities in the country are boston and sf

Sorry to disappoint, but it's a she with a very feminine vagina.

Culture? Niggers gunning each other down in the streets while the corrupt rich people kneel at the trough? DC has become one of the slimiest uncultured cities in the country, and it's a damn shame.

Yes the crack dealing babies on each corner truly help make the city what it is

who gives a flying fuck. DC has been ignoring it's citizens for years and it's been a lawless shit hole.

The capital of our nation is nice for like 20 blocks then turns into one of the most impoverished areas in the US.

>DC is gonna be bad becasue Trump won now.

Bitch it already sucks.

>D.C worry that it's culture might be drained because my boogie man trump

wow i'm not schocked really...

>Vibrant Culture
It just seems to be successful tourism from what he said. That's a culture?

How is niggers spics and kebabs "culture?" Trump is the only person concerned with culture. OUR culture.

They should be afraid...
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGgkOUVTmo

>we're worried about Trump messing because the previous administration was fun
>that's why we wanted Clinton, we heard she's cool

Ew. At least the bars would be busy...

Isn't that alleged pedo pizza place in DC?

>Boston
Well done

>Vibrant
We all know what that is code for

what is this image from?

>(((Horowitz)))
mmmh

This image.

>us government
>worrying that their culture might be destroyed
You reap what you sow

read the filename.

I guess their Vibrant culture explains why they are always literally shaking.

right but is it from a movie or something?

The Purge:Election Year.

Pic related again.

>pretends it's a relevant distinction

DC is a shithole outside of the rich Government areas.

It's full of black people and has one of the highest crime rates in the country.

thanks.

KEK no more swamp culture.

Whitening isn't too uncommon in cities right now. Blacks are getting pushed into shit tier suburbs because of federal policy. Millennials are also in their prime years for city living. The problem is that it's cyclical, so in 10 years suburban growth is going to be booming and cities are going to be much browner.

My hunch is that real estate developers have figured out a perpetual money machine plan. They can strategically destabilize communities by moving the black population around from place to place. Nobody wants to live near blacks, not even other blacks, so that ensures people are constantly moving and it means new houses and apartments are always being built.

>hipster restaurants owned by that democrat pedophilia satanist ring?
you're trying too hard

DC is and always will be an absolute fucking shithole. Yes I have lived there and in beltway towns. My daughter was born in Arlington. We have NEVER been back and likely won't.

DC could lose its party image.

>vibrant

They are literally shaking enough already

nytimes.com/2012/06/24/opinion/sunday/farewell-to-chocolate-city.html

What did she mean by this?

>paedophilia and ritualistic murder are now vibrant cultures.
Gotta love these degenerate sympathizers

>Donna is black

I read that far before i stopped giving a fuck.

Jesus Christ. The only culture in DC is the lab culture that tests positive on the HIV test

I live near that shit hole
I wont go into DC after Dark... for fear of being shot or robbed.

>"You can't help but look around and see the face of the community changing before your eyes"

Oh stop being such a bigot :^)

Funny how a "black city" becoming white again is such a big fucking issue.

White people are baaaaaaaaaad

fuggg

THICC
H
I
G
H
S

>It's a pretty sweet city actually.

t. lobbyist scum

they really try to cry on every possibility they can make up in their mind it is unbelievable

>drain its culture
I didn't know being a swamp was considered "culture"

Muh nigga.

as a swampnigger i might be offended by that

>My hunch is that real estate developers have figured out a perpetual money machine plan. They can strategically destabilize communities by moving the black population around from place to place
You're definitely giving developers too much credit. Developers ride the wave and usually always get caught off guard by every recession

>niggers and crime everywhere
>vibrant

And somehow people defend Keynes' stupid shit.

vibrant = can't go out at night

>It's a pretty sweet city actually.