Post team-ups that we'll never see because nobody cares about the characters

Post team-ups that we'll never see because nobody cares about the characters.

Somewhat related, why is the Dick Tracy IP so dead? I feel like there's at least potential for a comic series. Even Green Hornet gets the odd crossover and mini-series every couple of years.

Other urls found in this thread:

cheshirecrossing.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eh, I'm pretty sure the comic strip would do a crossover if there was no issue with the rights. Staton & Curtis love to do that kind of thing, so I'm sure if you e-mailed them they'd be willing to at least put some feelers out there. Anywho, here are my favourite fantasy crossovers that will never, ever happen:

Blueberry/Jonah Hex
Lucky Luke/Bat Lash
Diabolik/Modesty Blaise
Spirou & Fantasio/Jimmy Olsen
Ric Hochet/Murder She Wrote
Dylan Dog/Hellblazer/Gabriel Knight
Clifton/The Avengers (Steed & Peel, not Steve & Tony)
Olivier Rambeau/Dr Snuggles
Michel Vaillant/Speed Racer
Speed Racer/Wacky Races
Mars Attacks Godzilla

Forgot my image

>Mars Attacks Godzilla
I'm surprised this didn't happen back when IDW was doing their Mars Attacks series. I wonder if they didn't have the rights for Godzilla at the time. The Popeye and Transformers issues were pretty fun.

>Speed Racer/anything
I really wish IDW would do a new Speed Racer book. Their origin retelling from many years back was really good, made me want a whole series. I've wanted to storytime it for a long time, but I could never find it.

Trenchcoat bros

Judge Dredd in Warhammer 40k.
Conan vs the Predator.
S.H.I.E.L.D. vs The Patriots.

Green Hornet crossovers are great because the whole "heroes fight each other at first" cliche actually makes sense because Green Hornet is legit playing a villain. Even if he knew Tracy was trying to help, he'd have to give the guy shit to keep up appearances.

>Somewhat related, why is the Dick Tracy IP so dead? I feel like there's at least potential for a comic series. Even Green Hornet gets the odd crossover and mini-series every couple of years.

Doesn't Warren Beatty still hold the movie rights? Without the possibility of a film, people are less interested in trying to expand it as a major franchise.

>Green Hornet crossovers are great because the whole "heroes fight each other at first" cliche actually makes sense because Green Hornet is legit playing a villain.
Agreed, I've enjoyed most of the Green Hornet crossovers because of that dynamic between X character and The Hornet, although Lone Ranger/Green Hornet kinda ruined that illusion when Elliot Ness figured out that Britt was the Hornet and the public saw The Lone Ranger and Green Hornet fighting on the same side.

Captain Scarlet and The Spider

How is that the Flash has never run into the Spirit, they live in the same city for chrissakes!

>Doesn't Warren Beatty still hold the movie rights?
Yep. In a few years (2020-something if i'm not mistaken) the rights will go back to whoever owns the Dick Tracy character.

>Doesn't Warren Beatty still hold the movie rights?
He won a lawsuit for them several years back. I recall a recent article saying he was working on something, but there hasn't been much news since.

Batman '66/Ultraman
Batman '66/Dark Shadows
Wonder Woman '77/Kamen Rider
Captain Carrot/Archie Sonic
Batman/Darkman

Alice from Alice in Wonderland and Dorothy from Wizard of Oz teaming up and working together in a world that is a mashup of Wonderland and Oz to put things right and escape back to their own homes.

They've tried to make a comic book revival series. There was Bendis and Oeming involved like a decade ago, and recently Archie was supposed to publish it.

The problem is they have a fucked-up contract with Warren Beatty where he gets a say in how Dick Tracy is handled outside of the comic strip. And even though he kind of wants to make another movie, due to the conflicts between him and the comic strip rights holders it looks like nothing's going to be made.

I would go further and do Darkman/The Shadow

>There was Bendis and Oeming involved like a decade ago, and recently Archie was supposed to publish it.

I forgot to clarify, these are different projects that both got scuttled over the contracts.

>Batman '66/Dark Shadows
I could see that happening since DC and Dynamite like each other, and Dynamite has already done a Dark Shadows crossover with Vampirella.

>I wonder if they didn't have the rights for Godzilla at the time
They had the rights, but Toho said no. They were pretty restrictive with Godzilla until a few years ago when Rulers of Earth started and Toho went "You know what? Fuck it, have fun, just make sure it's not shit."
>I've wanted to storytime it for a long time, but I could never find it.
MTCDC-NMC 41

Donald Duck (or more specific, Scrooge) and (vs?)Moomins. It would be interesting clash of different mentalities.

>Clifton
Now there's some patrician taste right there

>Eh, I'm pretty sure the comic strip would do a crossover if there was no issue with the rights.

That's true, they did a crossover with other King Features Syndicate comics (Annie, Funky Winkerbean) and there was the Spirit crossover last year.

I don't think they revert so much as King Features can start the process of getting them back.

Green Hornet worth reading? And if so, what?

Etrigan/Devilman
Kamandi/Fallout
Warlord/Turok
Cyborg/RoboCop
Krypto/Underdog
Gotham Academy/Archie
Cyborg/Reboot
Zatanna/Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Batman vs. Lupin III

>Judge Dredd in Warhammer 40k
Just make a Arbites movie, what's the difference

Isn't the newspaper strip still coming out regularly?

We need Kamandi/Fist of the North Star for two reasons

1. Ken works well subbing for Ben Boxer as Kamadis protector and Kamandi subs well for Bat and Lynn as Kens tag alongs.

2. Beastmen martial artists for Ken to fight using ancient animal style Chinese martial arts.

It is. They had a crossover with The Spirit last year.

Dredd would be labeled a heretic of he landed in the 40kverse.

A cinematic universe using '90s films of '30s heroes.

Alec Baldwin's The Shadow, Billy Zane's The Phantom, Bill Campbell's The Rocketeer, and Warren Beatty as Dick Tracy team up to fight Nazis.

>Conan vs the Predator.
The fact this never happened has always boggled my mind, i mean
>Arnie
>they were both Dark Horse
>Preds got crossed a bunch
>Conan gets crossed over all the time as well
>it would be sick as fuck

I feel exactly the same. I mean alien beings are already canon to the Conan mythos anyways and Conan would obviously be considered a worthy mark to a Predator since he's pretty much the peakest human to evwr peak.

>No fourway Hellboy/Devilman/Demifiend/Dante teamup.

Wonderland/Oz war in Captain Carrot m8

Green Hornet Year One is solid. I REALLY liked Mark Waid's Green Hornet from a few years ago.

Dante is the only one even close to Demi Fiend's power level and only because Dante WAS canonically strong enough to be a threat to DF for their first and second meeting. After that? DF stomps.

I think I read an issue or two of the second one last time someone mentioned the Hornet. Thanks user

Didn't the guy who wrote The Martian have a webcomic with that premise?

cheshirecrossing.net/

Don't you faggots have a containment boards to shitpost there?

I loved that in his crossover with The Shadow they played with this by contrasting The Green Hornet, who pretends to be a villain but is the most straight-forward hero in the setting, with The Shadow, who terrifies good and bad guys alike and is much closer to being a real villain than Britt is.

I still don't know how Archie and Scooby-Doo have never crossed over.

If you like Green Hornet: Year One, read The Lone Ranger/Green Hornet: Champions of Justice. It's a prequel/sequel to Year One (meaning there's parts taking place before, during, and after the Year One story).

Nobody cares with lucky luke dude

nobody's want read lucky luke.

Moon Knight and Sentry for a Worlds Finest pastiche