What is Sup Forums veridic of hal and pals?

What is Sup Forums veridic of hal and pals?

Boring.
Venditti needs to fucking leave. He's been on for like 70 issues total.

Kyle ruined everything with his dick

Space Jesus has to put his dick where he thinks it is necessary.

It's good. People complained nonstop about the GLC only fighting other lanterns, and they actually listened to us

I absolutely fucking love this book. Nostalgia maybe. I love the characterization of every lantern.

Only thing I've hated so far is the blue fuckers becoming guardians again and thinking they can rule shit.

It has ups and downs. The plot progression is meh and often boring. The best part was the green imperfection in the yellow battery.

Venditti needs to get off the book now. Or maybe 20 issues ago.

Yes, it is much better than his GL run was, but it is still plagued with most of the same problems: the pacing is really off and none of the stories have a satisfying ending.

The characterization of the Earth lanterns is fairly decent for most part, but pretty superficial as well. There is a sad lack of them actually interacting with each other in any meaningful way.

Venditti is a pretty bad writer I wish Kyle could get his own solo

>Too much focus on the four human Lanterns
You have the whole corp so use them.
>Power inconsitency
One issue they are reaching speed force speed and tank new gods androids omega beams. The other they job ala Worf.
>Introductions in every single issue
Seriously, just stop. Noone who doesn't know what's happening or who they are buys them anyway.

Good things are that the stories actually play out in space instead of Earth.
Oh well, GL is my favorite hero so I take what I can get.

What is the best GL run?

Johns up until Blackest Night
Humphries' Green Lanterns
Green Lantern: Mosaic
Kyle's 90s run
Ion
Soule's Red Lanterns
Larfleeze
Bunn's Sinestro

the current rebirth Green Lanterns

Depends on your preferences and/or tastes. A solid place to start getting into GL is Johns' GL run, though. After that, you can shop around to figure out what appeals to you the most.

Personally, my favorite GL runs are Johns' whole epic and most of the Silver Age stuff.

GL the animated series>New 52>the rest

Love it. It definitely has its weakpoints but it's a huge improvement over what we've been getting
I don't know about his own solo, but I wouldn't mind Kyle trading onto Green Lanterns with Jess or Simon, or being a part of an Earth based team like the Titans or the League. Kyle works best on Earth and he's been away for way too long

Rebirth is the most creative that DC has ever been.

?

>Godtier silver age style cover has nothing to do with the actual issue
Disappointing

Yeah no.

Isn't that the point of most Silver Age covers

Johns run, GL was meh before he expanded the lore

Venditti, like Mark Millar, can be good but only when he wants to be. The first half of X-O Manowar and all of Wrath Of Eternal Warrior were stellar. His GL and Flash runs (with the exception of Space Rouge Hal and his giant construct gauntlet) were not

I love It, the Four Horsemen have a great dynamic and they do a great job of mixing cosmic level threats and infighting of the rainbow lanterns. The first arc with Sinestro has yet to be topped though

How here is hyped for the GL DCEU film?

I want to be user, but it's hard

>Steals ideas from 90s WCW
>Creative
Lmao

Would you rather they call themselves the Four Musketeers or the Quatro Compadres

The ting with soranik and kyle is shit.

johns didn't expand the lore he consolidated and homogenized it

>hey guise everything has to do with the fucking rainbow now
>black hand was always destined to be a black lantern
>Everything is now tied to Hal Jordan and none of the other lanterns are special because HAL IS MY FAVORITE DAMMIT

I enjoy it, it’s not perfect but it has been pretty fun.

>it's just fighting other Lantern Corps

Lame.

This looks like a thread for Green Lantern and Green Lantern accessories, so I'mma ask here.
Red Lanterns and New Guardians, how were those series?

Trash

Didn't read Red Lanterns, but New Guardians was a fun read until it turned into a giant Kyle wankfest, as opposed to the subtle Kyle wankfest it was before.

Where would the cut-off point be?

It's been getting steadily better since the time travel storyline but I'm curious what the end game for the Blue Lanterns is going to be. I'm hoping they have some big role in Doomsday Clock because otherwise why bother bringing them back. It would be nice to see Jon Kent become a Blue since he got voted out of the Titans, fuck them pricks.

For me it was after the tie-in with Wrath of the First Lantern was over. It kinda shits itself after that

That period of Lantern stories wasn't all that amazing in general.

It's worse than Lights Out

Objectively untrue

Soule's run of Red Lanterns (vol. 4-6) was the single best Lantern run in N52. New Guardians was fucking terrible outside of a few issues at the beginning.

>the single best Lantern run in N52
Explain yourself.

Guy GARdner

Is GAR a term used outside of Sup Forums? Seems legit though.

I've seen it used here and there, but not anytime lately.

>Is GAR a term used outside of Sup Forums?
Yes, to the point that that we have a cartoon with a character named Mr. GAR

Kyle fucking ruined the best thing about this series. "The buddy cop adventures of Guy and Arkillo"

It's trash.

It's pretty decent for the most part, though it has some weak points. Its main issue is that the pacing tends to be off, and I'm also not a fan of how Guy has suddenly become John's biggest supporter. But I'm glad they're reintroducing the Darkstars.

He has shit taste.

You explain yourself.

these are my complaints exactly

Characterization isn't bad but anything meaningful that happens is swiftly forgotten and none of the plots have been that interesting, there's been some cool action scenes but that's shallow and I'm tired of issues that are just one big fight scene. I'd like a downtime issue of the four GLs hanging out, that'd be a breather from non-stop action and gives an opportunity for the boys to interact

Also I'm salty that he's written scenes like Hal's ghost dad telling Hal not to JUST be GL and Hal thinking of Carol constantly but then nothing changes.

Every GL concepts have been tied to Hal Jordan before
Well, some things was tied to Kyle Rayner but Johns destroyed

true*

He made Kyle Space Jesus. TWICE. How is he "Only Hal is Special wank?

And Guy was still the best Lantern throughout all of those books.

>at this point you realise that Guy Gardner NEVER carries spare clothes.

If his clothes are destroyed he can intimidate his enemies with his massive dong.

How can anyone not love this?

That is a very nice shot of Hal's gorgeous and generous ass.

Then you're gonna love this one.

that arc was pretty much the first time we've seen all four of them doing stuff, isn't it?

Shots of Hal's amazing behind makes any day that much better.

Did you read the run at all? His favorite is clearly Sinestro.

Why lie?

Current Green Lanterns run by far

why is Hal so lewd?

shame they had to tone this cover down

Poor Hal, everyone is always trying to cop a feel.

Always

It's quite simple really.

> Jon

Is the Arn Anderson of the group.

> Hal

Tully Blanchard because he had past issues that fucked him royally but now he's trying to make amends.

> Guy

Chris Beniot

> Kyle

Because he takes the ladies to space mountain literally the fridge.

They should have went lewder!

Too true. We need more lewd Hal, DC.

How about more Lovin?

But how can you tell it is love and not just lust that alien feels?

Honestly you can never tell with Hal. He's like a hot magnet for others.

Weren't we told by Geoff Johns back during the Blackest Night that he was planning on having the blue trolls booted from leadership positions?
been like 8 years wtf
Seriously, there needs to be like a GL council that merely consults with the Guardians but does not take orders

This looks incredibly erotic to me

it should, he's probably hiding a massive boner in her thighs

Arisia clearly thought it felt incredibly erotic, seeing how she then proceeded to desperately try to tap dat Jordan ass by any means necessary.

Dude, his crotch isn't even close to touching her. Hal really wasn't into Arisia that way, but she proceeded to manipulate him into dating her, and now everyone always labels him pedo. Poor poor Hal.

As it should.

are the powers in this series always this playful?

Sometimes. Usually only Kyle does it

>90s WCW

Look up Jim Crockett Promotions you jackass. The Horsemen started in the 80s.

>Guy.
>Benoit.

Please. Guy is Arn dashed with Mongo.

Retard detected. They haven’t fought the other Corps since the first arc. They just recently fought the Controllers, now they’re fighting Zod,and soon they’ll be fighting Dark Stars.

he was just trying to be nice, it's not his fault that he looks like a slut all the time