>youtube.com/watch?v=sZeONHK7Wa4

How do I get a good bible to study?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebible.org/asv/
youtube.com/watch?v=7AQQwLLglPo
mljtrust.org/sermons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Book of the Dead.

King James Version is still the most popular version of the Bible in America at least, if you don't like the old world tongue then I'd suggest the New International Version, which is the second most popular.

I like the KJV though, it really boils down to personal preference I suppose. Also asking Sup Forums for religious advice isn't the best, most people on here are atheists or some other fedoralord shit.

For my own reading, I prefer the King James Version. There's just something powerful about reading the same words that my ancestors would have been reading for the last four centuries.

But if you don't know much about the Bible and you want a lot of helpful notes, the New Jerusalem Bible is pretty good.

ESV

Nasb with annotation is great to study.

Douay rheim is the most beautiful.

Latin vulgate is the Truth

Read the Vulgate, or you are no real christian, loser !
>B b but I don't speak latin
End yourself then, kid.

I prefer the American Standard (1901) version. I think it's a closer translation to the original text.
ebible.org/asv/

>Listening to any religious advice a German has to say

Don't use a version

JW.org

Those Jehovah's know what they're talking about

KJV, for more word-for-word.

get a new american one or whatever if you have a hard time reading it

Versions can make stuff up though and add it right?

Hey brother.

I've been searching high and low for a good preacher the last two years.. Who to trust?
The thing is: the one to trust is the one who is most biblical. Let me tell you, there are 5 times more false teachers than there are real ones.
Can i make a recommendation to you?
Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones.
He's motto is "Logic on Fire". He is the best i have found. This is the real deal. The real redpill.
youtube.com/watch?v=7AQQwLLglPo

mljtrust.org/sermons/

As in this forum, there are shills in christianity.
Stay far away from "The new Apostolic Reformation" and prosperity gospels.. +++
The thing is, the Bible warns ALOT of false teaching in the latter days.
This has come true.
With God as my witness, i recommend Dr Martin Lloyd Jones with a clear conscience.
Godspeed brother
-

some stuff gets lost in translation, that's why I would recommend KJV

Btw, Dr Martin Lloyd Jones goes through the Bible verse by verse.
The Bible is very hard to grasp without knowledge of context and without having read the entire Bible several times.
Therefore a good teacher is vital.
The problem is the false teachers...
Therefor i recommend this to you.

If I was going to read the bible I'd first read a book in ERV (easy to read) then read it in KJV (king james)

it is outdated and is only valued for its literary aesthetic. scholars and serious students use ESV.

shit I meant NRSV, what the fuck was wrong with me reading this thread

KJV is the only Sup Forums approved

>"Thank you Jesus Christ!"
Her cuteness is off the charts when she says that!

Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult and their "bible" is very poorly translated.

Try the Orthodox Study Bible.

NIV is shit tier. ESV is the way to go user.

She's like a real life Christ Chan, cute!

Get NIV Study Bible - commentary, archeological evidence, and more - it's like you're reading the Bible with a theologian.

I thought women aren't supposed to preach.

>Gloria in excelsis Deo
Vetus Latina is best Latin Bible desu

the bible is pretty silly if you ask me
you should read non abrahamic ""holy"" books instead.

I'm just telling OP what statistics said about American Bible sales, NIV was the second most selling Bible in 2015, and KJV continued to be the number one most popular translation of the Bible that sold as well.

Actually the KJV has been the most popular selling translation of the Bible for years and years, it was in 2015 as well. I'm not stating OP has to read what everyone likes/considers popular, but if it's the most popular than it has a reason for being the most popular. Millions wouldn't claim it's the best if it wasn't, but all pastors and what not have a favorite translation for different reasons.

Someone told me not to mess with Study Bibles unless you're planning to actually "study" the Bible. If you're planning to read the Bible then don't get a study bible, it'll confuse you, it's better to read the Bible going in blind so you can make your own interpretations.

Listen to me OP, don't get a study bible, just get a plain bible and make your own interpretations. A study bible is going to tell you what THAT person thought the verses and bibles were saying, it's better to make a personal relationship with God and Christ.

Douay Rheims, NAB maybe.
I read from an interlinear with the Koine and Hebrew with a dictionary though.

Look for Orthodox or Catholic translations, and don't be afraid of looking at the teachings of the early Church if you can find them.

Whats the difference between a translation and a version?

Authorized Version (KJV), get the 'reference edition, this will allow you to search the scripture with ease..Oh I like/it helps to have Christ's words in red