How does an animation company get so big it controls the world?

Disney apologists get out, they make good movies but it's clear the company itself is evil.
How does something that starts out making children's entertainment and war propaganda become so big it controls practically all media?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Iger
latimes.com/projects/la-fi-disney-anaheim-deals/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Having the first stake in commercial animation helped, it gave them the money and notoriety to expand dramatically

they brainwash each generation with waifus.

Why is the company evil?

It's big faceless corporation. It's evil by default.

They're the ones who destroyed copyright law, for one thing. They also control something like 30-50% of mainstream news.

I would define the morality of a corporation by how they interact with their employees and what kind of products they make.

It seems like by most accounts, working for the movie studio is a pretty good job, whereas working at the parks is horrible.

And as for their products, it seems like all they want to do is make entertaining movies with no real message aside from "being mean is bad".

>I would define the morality of a corporation by how they interact with their employees and what kind of products they make.
Naive.

The copyright law thing, sure. But isn't the only news station they own ABC news? CNN, MSNBC, Fox, those are all separate companies.

Disney is just a friendly looking mask

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize -Kevin Alfred Strom

I hope we get episode of family guy where they nervously apologize to their new mouse overlords.

Plus what they did to they're own mascot character is appalling. Mickey is a great character and quite the scamp in the cartoon but by turning him into a souless shell of a his former self they strip him of all his quirks and makes him nothing but a brand mascot and that's it.

Thats the thing though, I don't think they make good movies or as many as people think, I was pretty disgusted to see all of the accliam malificent got but everyone ignored httyd2

Buddy you are in the wrong thread.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Iger
>Iger was born to a Jewish family in New York City
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

t. Commie
This
Httyd2 wasn't as good at the first

>uses folklore to make its animation piggybacking off great artists
>copyrights the things they do
>want to prevent any work that they stole from ever going into public domain.

>t. Commie
>Being right makes you a commie
You're in the wrong place friend, faceless corps only care about profit, and the easiest way to do that is by through unsavory means, therefore most if not all faceless corps are evil

Well, whether you like it or not, the mouse will be controlling the white house in the future

Copyright law used to be about 17 years after original issuing, now it's something like 107 years after the creator's death. Disney is a large part of why this happened.

Well yeah, thats why they are evil as fuck.

Yeah, just elaborating on your point.

Big mouse is watching user.

The developers of Epic Mickey tried to have scamp Mickey back but focus groups complained about "not muh Mickey".

*furiously masturbates while maintaining eye contact*

Not sure how that picture of 5 different companies shows they're all the same company.

Look at the list for Disney

But ABC's news department is the only mainstream news they operate. What is your point?

A squad of anti-thought mice cops will be with you soon user.

I may have overestimated those numbers.

It doesn't, at all, it only controls your little corner of casual nerd space so I guess that's the only thing that matters.
I don't get how you people manage to have this thread basically every day.

>"I don't get how you people manage to have this thread basically every day."
>shilling this hard

>2012
>Disney owning Miramax
Inaccurate, they sold it in 2010. And I'm not even that familiar with the topic, so if even I can poke holes at the graphic, it must not be very accurate.

>Shilling
Please stop using words when you don't know what they mean.

Oh don't get me wrong, I hate Disney as a corporation, I just don't understand what the fuck there can be to say about this shit every fucking day since they've bought Lucas Films. Literally how do you manage?

I can't wait for them to take control of fox news. What will the Republican snowflakes watch when fox and friends turns liberal and inclusive?

It's pretty easy when they control so much of the media there's something to talk about every week

Apparently there isn't. I've been in these threads, it's all the same bad 1984 fanfiction on repeat.

Disney must hate furries with a white hot passion

Disney isn't going to own Fox News, they legally can't and it wasn't apart of sell.

Love that Disney company

>Plus what they did to they're own mascot character is appalling.
it only seems appalling because it's not your money

t. Commie

I know people will accuse me of shilling, but why doesn't the US govt just let Disney have Mickey at this point? Make 'em pay a big fee like ten million or something proportional to the revenue he's brought in and just let them keep it so long as the company is running.

well cartoons are basically mythologues and Disney's target audience was children. So you have the most influential mythologue company programming children with mythologues at a global scale

The better question is how could such a thing not control the world.

>but everyone ignored httyd2
Because
-It wasn't as good as the first one
-They spoiled practically every plot point in the trailer

it's a 154 now. They are pushing to make it over 300 in 2020.

It wasnt evil when Walt had it
It wasnt AS evil when Roy E Disney had it
Then he died and the 2000s were never the same

also read up on their hostile take overs. 57 companies have been bought out and closed down immediately after the buyout causing over 100k workers to lose their job in just the last 40 years.

Literally jews.

But you'd all rather enjoy the ideological rape and become communist by Hollywood than to criticize or even look at your masters.

Yeah, yeah gb2pol
Keep worshiping things that don't exist.

meh, as long as they keep a certain quality for everything they own, I'm happy. Dump the disgraced and move on.

Jesus goddamn christ, can we eat the rich already?

Not gonna be a thing. We're at a point where the rich will have robotic ais protecting them, and rebellions will become impossible sadly. Then once they figure out how to live forever then we're truly fucked as us peasants will be born/die while they remain.

They're jewish you fucking retard, not 'faceless'.
The sooner you're able to differentiate between Jew and Non-Jew is the sooner you realize John 'Doe' changed his last name from Silverstein because he wanted to sound white. Then bash other whites while pretending to be one.

Look closer at all those evil 'big corps' and 'rich white folk' and you'll sooner see the big noses behind their fake names.

Just wait

It's simple:
- Walt Disney gets in on the ground floor of animation, is good at it and is a good business man.

- Walt Disney creates an empire, then dies.

- Disney Corporation almost goes bankrupt.

- Hollywood buys the shell of Disney. Disney gets taken over by lawyers who only care about the bottom line.

- 50 years and several changes in management later we have the current Disney.

Wow, thanks for the inaccurate and out-of-date graphic.

I think they're bad but not because they're a big faceless empire. I'm fine with them owning things as long as the end result is good (MCU) and not shit (Episode 8). I could give a fuck if Mickey Mouse never enters public domain. They're really shitty neighbors and are manipulative on a political level:

latimes.com/projects/la-fi-disney-anaheim-deals/

Capitalism.
You think Disney is bad? Look at Monsanto. Look at Koch. They're ten times worse and yet because they didn't stick girls in star wars they get a pass.

Walmart and Comcast are worse

Go back to Sup Forums

When Didney buys Sup Forums, then i'll consider it evil.

Among other things, they killed LucasArts off after buying Lucasfilm and handed over things to Electronic Arts.

Plus Lucas was starting to get into animated films when he sold the company. All we ever got from that department was Rango and Strange Magic.

I dont know but i honestly believe that everyone involved of ruining mavel and star wars by making it into their juvenile brand image deserves to be burned at the stake.

They ruined marvel and Star Wars with social justice. No seriously before the buyouts marvel had no noticeable sjw taint. A few months after and they suddenly start printing comics about lesbian Muslim heroes? Same with star wars. They hired on people who have nothing but contempt and hatred for the audience and turn one of the greatest science fiction franchises of all time into another feminist shitshow. The new trilogy is already dead. It makes no sense and the characters suck and so do the actors that play them.

I blame Disney for ruining both marvel and star wars.

I told you Disney was the Devil user

>No seriously before the buyouts marvel had no noticeable sjw taint.
Why must you lie?

>lesbian Muslim heroes
Wait, Kamala's gay?

>No seriously before the buyouts marvel had no noticeable sjw taint.

because capitalism is inherently evil

>have this thread basically every day

>turn one of the greatest science fiction franchises of all time into another feminist shitshow

They did no such thing. The only thing Disney ever did was take what was already there to its logical extreme. Multiculturalism? Lando anyone? First Order is only full of white men? Empire was no different. Unrealistically competent Tough Gurl like Rey? Princess Leia has her beat by decades of existence. It was always there. Star Wars was always liberal propaganda garbage. Disney just nurtured the seed that George Lucas planted there for many decades before the mouse even though of purchasing the property.

Right time, right place, right jews.

Because they shit out a bunch of inferior products that are soulless cash grabs with no passion.

they bought a shitton of movie theaters so they could control how long they play their movies and push out everything else

If you want to understand how corporations become evil you could read rand
Basically it starts with investors groups hiding they money in stock so they can avoid paying taxes but once they control the stock they don't care about the company and only want short term profits so they can get their money out fast and put it in other corporations stock unless it's a sure thing like Disney then they want to protect the shit out of it by only making safe choices, they lobby brive and become buddy buddy with politicians too so they have complete control and their money is safe, these are all rich people who don't work, don't produce anything and are only rich by virtue of being rich
Then corruption starts working its way to the bottom until every single person in that company is corrupted and it won't ever go under because the people who control it control everything and if it ever does it doesn't matter because they will take their money away first and everyone in management will be taken care of there is no risk involved

Movie studios cannot own movie theaters by law. They can pressure theater chains to play nice with them, but they cannot buy them.

Brainwashing since childhood

You watch something amazing something you loved and saw Disney logo and all their cartoons were great so you became trustful to them
>Oh it's Disney of course I'll buy their products because thanks to that they will have money to make another amazing cartoon movie

And people started to hate them because they produce turd only now

Dont forget about Pixar, after they were absorbed by the Mouse started making duds and sequels no one asked for.
Meanwhile Disney animation suddenly git gud.

Jews.

>lesbian Muslim
That sounds hot, hit me with your best example

Was he, dare I say it, a Jew?

The studio becomes a company after the founder of the studio dies.

yes it was,
still best animated movie to come out of america that year, suck it lego movie

still much better than malificent

>evil
It's just following its own interest jesus fuck you tin foil hats

Once Disney will finally have its own streaming service, it will finally be able to get rid of cinemas, and keep all the profits from itself.

Your days are numbered, useless outdated movie theaters.

This.

>Disney having anything at all to do with Marvel comics fucking itself up

chill out Jerry

Well does it have to shit on some of the best modern movie franchises you pleb?

What is it with Sup Forums defending Disney at any opportunity?

What is it with Sup Forums shitting on everything at any opportunity?

>illegally bribed politicians to extend copyright term
>rampant plagiarism of other people's IP, especially in the early days
>still has the hide to slap every man and his dog with a copyright lawsuit
>ruined beloved film franchises
Do you need more than this?

Hi There! See the trick is to let someone live long enough to watch themselves turn into the thing you hated when they were younger, and trick people into paying you for a brief glimpse of that time when they were happier!

God I love that gif!

It doesn't care about what you like, or what anyone likes. Don't you fucking realize that they only care about profit?

They're the only American company that's semi competent despite fucking everything up. Just let the Japanese take over user, it's easy and painless.