Just got out of a screening of Black Panther, AMA

Just got out of a screening of Black Panther, AMA.

Preface: It's very good for an MCU movie. I put it in my top three. Tied with Homecoming, but right under Winter Soldier.

is the scene where they discuss how small Bucky's penis is while he's in cryo-sleep more tasteful in context?

No, it's really jarring especially since it comes right after a scene where T'Challa slaughters all of the Crips and right before a scene where impregnantes a harem of souther white women.

But for real, Bucky's brief appearance was nice and sets up an interesting change from the comics.

>Tied with Homecoming, but right under Winter Soldier.
If those are your favorites, you have good taste and have made me more interested in seeing this movie

Glad you agree. I was surprised how much I liked Homecoming--I expected it to be another empty MCU movie but it actually had thematic follow through and real character arcs.

But Homecoming was absolutely average.

Which still makes it better than almost every other Marvel movie

So does Klaw turn into a sound monster? Is M'Baku clearly a future threat?

WE

No, Klaw is actually killed farily early on, but I loved every minute he was on screen. His accent was shit, but Serkis obviously loved hamming it up.

M'Baku might become a future threat later, but they basically just make him a reluctant good guy in this.

actually the only one going WE WUZ KINGS is the bad guy.

I heard they pretty much chucked Killmonger and White Wolf in a blender to make the villain. Is that true?

Sort of. Michael B Jordan is basically his own character (like most MCU villains) just borrowing a name. I like him as a villain though.

I've never read any BP stories with White Wolf as a villain though, but they do set up the good version of White Wolf for future movies.

Also I'd quickly like to say it suffers from the same problems nearly all MCU movies do--just not nearly as much.

Underdeveloped/one note villains (though these ones at least had character), a few dues ex machina (though far, far less than every other Marvel movie--BP actually sets up 90% of its pay offs), terrible cgi sprinkled throughout, consequenceless/bloodless carnage, and a rushed third act.

What are the post credit scenes?

There are 2

BIG ASS SPOILERS

First one is T'Challa and his guard announcing their intent to share their resources with the world at the UN.

The second one is Bucky waking up in Wakanda without an arm and being called White Wolf.

>First one is T'Challa and his guard announcing their intent to share their resources with the world at the UN.
Oh please Africa, share with us your flying cars! I will be skipping and/or pirating this horseshit.

they make it a point that Wakanda is seperate from the rest of Africa culturally and historically. Also they are all skeptical of Wakanda at the meeting since none of them know about their super tech.

Is it a movie that you think will change the world?

I was just doing it for a dumb joke I'm actually black myself glad to know at least one user thinks it's good though I'm gonna go see it with my gf soon

no

have fun! I actually really appreciated how they contextualize the "we wuz kings" mentality as looking backward and not moving forward/progressing. Also I'm glad to know that black anons can join in on the Sup Forums memes. People take the racial/prejeduce jokes too personally. I'm jewish and I love blaming everything on jews on Sup Forums and Sup Forums,

Not that user, but thats a relief that it sounds like they're seemingly playing Wakanda, Black Panther, and its culture straight instead of succumbing to current trends.

Like i get its not really important and i shouldnt let it bother me but being interested in Black Panther since i was a kid and honestly wanting a movie about him for years but seeing almost all of the online presence being what it was made me kind of uncomfortable (like all those articles insinuating as a fan i was racist and had to accept a black superhero despite Blade being the reason this shit is happening), and worried that the writers might've been the type to engage in that kind of behavior (you know how hollywood is). Dont know if that makes any sense, but its also why part of me is skeptical of Captain Marvel, i used to be interested in Carol until they started getting so aggressive and mean spirited about it with her promotion to Captain in the comics and the movie is being based at least in part on that.

Maybe i'm just being a dumb autist worried about inconsequential things, i dunno. The nature of Black Panther had me worried they could have potentially gone down that route is all i guess.

I saw a big panther on a tree in the trailer, is there any supernatural panther god shit?

I totally get you, I had the exact same trepidations going in but was very much relieved after seeing it. It also manages to very subtly weave in commentary about The Black Panthers and crips/bloods & black on black violence in it.

>I saw a big panther on a tree in the trailer, is there any supernatural panther god shit?

Yes, a little.

>Yes, a little.

>Bucky being called the White Wolf
What? What?

Yeah, exactly. Bucky is going to be White Wolf.

Like the leader of the Hatut Zeraze White Wolf? Explain, in detail pls.

>Thinks Homecoming is good

Why the fuck should I listen to your opinion?

Was there any mention about Isaac Newton?

Well Killmonger only has the brother thing in common going on with Hunter. But yeah they were never going to have Hunter in the MCU. Black Panther having an adopted older white brother who was a Wakandan nationalists who T'challa's dad supported and looked the other way when he tortured people, and who Wakandans discriminated against wasn't going to fly with a lot of people.

Hell I was surprise that a recent BP comic even acknowledged Hunter.

There is nothing more to explain. That is the entire scene. He wakes up in the outskirts of Wakanda and the kids are calling him White Wolf.

because Homecoming is better than most Marvel movies due to it having actual character arcs, jokes that actually relevant to what is happening and not just quips, and actual themes that carry throughout the movie and are reflected in the actions of the characters and not just sprinkled on/given lip service at the end.

>t's very good for an MCU movie.
So it's bad. Thanks shill.

look, I'm not going to pretend MCU movies are all that great, thats why I said that. IMO the best MCU movie still isn't as good as Spider-Man 2 or the Nolan Batman movies. But taken for what they are--dumb action movies akin to Fast & The Furioes for faux nerds--Black Panther is really good.

Trust me, I'm the last person who would shill MCU movies. I actually really love MoS & BvS. But if you go into BP expecting an MCU movie, you'll get a good one.

I heard there was another Deadpool 2 trailer after the credits; true or false?

false

>killed
user, you'd better be full of shit. The MCU can't waste its villains like this.

shill

>Bucky is White Wolf
If that's true then I guess it's nothing more than a title replacement for Winter Soldier because he looks the same in IW

Remember that Thor had both his eyes in his initial IW appearance

>Tied with Homecoming
All I needed to know. Hard pass from me.

>Tied with Homecoming

Does Killmonger die?

Soul Stone?