DC needs a “Legion”

What I mean is, a darker show that revolves around one of its more powerful characters while also being completely separate from both the DCEU and the CW shows.
My nominations are:
Mxy, but with his mind wiped and put into a human body, the nature of his powers can make for some good horror.
Captain Atom
Phantom Stranger
Arion
Timothy Hunter
Black Alice

Phantom Stranger can host an anthology. Ostrander's Spectre can be good.

like Justice Leage Dark?

Additionally, watching Legion made me think, DC doesn’t have many “human” reality warpers. Marvel has Franklin Richards, Legion, Quentin Quire, Nate Grey, Jean Grey, Matthew Malloy, and multiple others, but I can’t think of any for DC.

Dr Manhattan
Captain Atom
literally any magic user like Zantanna
Crazy Jane
DCAU Ace
Superboy Prime

>not part of the DCU until recently
>barely relevant
>nowhere near on the same level as those stated
>ditto
>one-off and not part of the DCU
>did it exactly once in a way that made no sense

Enigma

>No Joker
This list is retarded. Joker is like the best nomination for this. He's nihilistic and has a wicked sense of humour

He’s also loved by Normies. Just because Sup Forums has a hateboner for him doesn’t mean the rest of the world does.

The.
Question.

Deadman
The Question (make it gritty as hell)
Animal Man
Shade the Changing Man/Girl

DC should make a show about Pandora desu.

>barely relevant
As opposed to Legion, so was totally relevant before the show.

>a proper Lucifer or Morpheus' early days after being free from imprisonment

HBO wanted to do a Question film noir style show but WB pushed the Watchmen show onto them. They should have listened to HBO.

While not the most powerful, it has potential to be dark and gripping yet unique.

>think this is gonna be a LoSH thread
>fucking Sup Forums shit instead
>OP is so retarded he doesn't know what actual DC fans think when they hear DC and Legion in the same sentence
Fucking faggots stay on your own board.

Emperor Joker is one of my favorite superman stories. Pure fan, i love how much it triggers Sup Forums

And people say DC characters are overpowered

Hopefully I'll finally get to see a Sandman Mystery Theatre series before I die.

I'd just want the run collected in trades, but then again I'm not a Sup Forumscuck

To be fair, most reality warping makes no sense.

>DC needs a “Legion”
It really doesn't. The less they copy Marvel's formula and focus on their own strengths, the better.

I'm curious what a Black Manta TV show would be like.

Legion is a fucking hack job of a show, overrated as all hell, and at this point I think it's abundantly clear that we are a long way away from having an actually good live action superhero show and any property that gets adapted is going to be terrible so if you like a character you should be actively rooting against them getting their own show.

Same

>nowhere near on the same level as those stated
Lol yes they are. Read Seven Soldiers of victory you fucking casual.

>ditto
Read the most recent Doom Patrol/JLA Crossover you stupid fucking casual. She literally reshapes the entire universe.

DC needs desperately a lesbian show, I nominate Gotham City Sirens or a Harley and Ivy show!

How about a good show first?

First of all, no. You read it again.
Second of all, Sane Jane is not Crazy Jane.

DC need to fucking die and thankfully that's going to happen by mid October thanks to the massive failure of their shitty streaming site

Milligan might have the TV rights to that because that was back when Vertigo was more creator-friendly (like Ennis and Preacher)

Codename: Knockout deserves an HBO show

Gotham fills that role.

I'd pay too dollar to see a Crazy Jane show.

>I'm a casual and I want everyone to know it

hi there Harlvy fag,

once again: your dreams are shit is not going to happen

Faux Red Hood is just a psychotic monkey. His psychosis (which is shared, at one level to another, by any number of people in the DCU) is really all he shared with Legion. Power levels - nope. All he has is Batgod adjacent plot armour BS.

HQ would be far more beloved by normies and would be better able to carry a solo show, sans Batgod. A Mistah J show sans Batgod would sink under the weight of it's unmet expectations.

DC can use a tv show that's well done and well-received THAT doesn't NEED to be connected to a shared universe (e.g. DCW) AND that normies and casuals won't ask why "isn't Flash/Supergirl/Batman" there to help).

DC gets WAY more eyeballs than Marvel, even if you were kind and generous and included the Fox/FX X-Men universe tv products on top of the Netflix crap, Inhumans/AoS.

A show like Legion would be right at home at vertigo.

That's because it already acknowledges that comics are inherently metafiction. Reality warper characters already exist; they're the writers.

What DC needs is to stop focusing on Batman.

He does not. Neither does Ennis. There's really no point in adapting something like Enigma though, you'll just make a shittier version of something amazing. At least with longer series you can tweak stuff or just use the core part of characters and make new stories.

Question would be a good choice.

Doom Patrol or Animal Man would be perfect. They're both the right kind of weird that would get people talking about how weird it is. You could easily have Animal Man breaking the fourth wall in a tv series. Hell I'd literally have Morrison guest appear in the series after he tracks him down.

That's the kind of stuff WB should be doing on HBO (which they fucking own) or maybe even their own upcoming streaming service. Instead we get a fucking Metropolis prequel.....