Better than any Pixar film

Better than any Pixar film

The comic adaptation is pretty awesome too.

It was a really damn depressing movie for kids though

Like holy fuck sometimes the dialoges were depressing af

Still an outstanding piece

Grade A taste, OP.

>you will never fuck this unicorn

Both are fine

There are no happy ends.

>Like holy fuck sometimes the dialoges were depressing af

Welcome to Peter Jackson stories. Also reminder that he got ripped off bad by his publisher.

>Peter Jackson
What?

Peter Beagle my good friend

>Imagine waiting your whole life for that magical adventure to come your way
>Your 20s pass
>Your 30s pass
>Your 40s pass
>Your 50s pass
>You're now in your late 60s, a humdrum and cynical life of banality has excised all wonder and whimsy from your soul and you're just counting the minutes until you die
>THAT'S when the magical adventure comes your way and asks you to join
>But it's too late. You're too old. You can't be the hero anymore.

I didn't quite get that when I was a kid, but watching it now, it's about the most depressing thing I can think of.

And any Dreamworks, and most Disney.

And the book too.

>read the comic
>Lir is basically like "I'LL NEVER LOVE AGAIN, I DON'T WANNA RULE ETC" and goes to angst on a cliff
>like two seconds later a princess who lost her throne to her evil uncle runs up crying and begging for help
>Molly and Schmendrick are like "yeah yeah he's right over there"
lol, was that in the book?

Yep, right on the last page.

I legit tear up when the unicorns return to the world with that triumphant music, it's so beautiful.

It sucks major harpy tits that this never got a live-action adaptation so Christopher Lee could play King Haggard for real.

I thought the drunk skeleton who was still "alive" but could no longer taste or feel anything anymore, and had to pretend to drink wine in order to remember the sensation, was WAY more frightening in an existential sort of way.

>We could've gotten a live-action version with Christopher Lee reprising his role as Haggard, which would have been perfection
>Producers dragged the film through development Hell for so long, Lee died

I'll always be satisfied with his VA performance, but I wanted a live action performance from him SO bad it kills me.

Speaking of harpies, does anyone know why the background music that plays whenever she's on screen isn't on the soundtrack?

A Last Unicorn thread and Flight of Dragons thread, Let's see which lasts longer

>suddenly realize where my fetish for giant breasts comes from
that fucking tree

Same here m8 I always remember that scene

I love this movie. My brother and I quote Haggard's monologue at each other all the time.

Neat. I've never seen it discussed on here. This is one of my favorite (childhood) movies.

>"I can feel this body dying!"
That shit broke my fucking heart.

It's probably really hard to do a good Haggard but that looks more like Miracle Max with a beard.

There are some Ghibli films which are better, but yeah, better than most.

Patrician Taste.
I really love this movie.

>any
>better than The Incredibles