youtube.com/watch?v=DX_wprkggoE
twitter.com/FizzTheHuman/status/961083905779548160
vocaroo.com/i/s0Nn2MEqBs33
vocaroo.com/i/s1kHiCTG0i2Z
vocaroo.com/delete/s18joToQYFXh/c16abc340a03d5f1
vocaroo.com/i/s1Ed04yqDCRC
vocaroo.com/i/s1nSF06AmdA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope this becomes a consistent thing just like the webcomic and drawthreads, these are great

Am I the only one who really dislikes fan voice acting?
Like, i don't hate it on principle, but 99% of attempts to imitate other VAs or give voice to comic/book characters I find really cringeworthy.
Or maybe I just mentally scarred by people trying to voiceact undertale

Haven't these been going on for around 10 years now?

Gotta start from somewhere, I drew cringey Resident Evil, X-Men and Dragon Ball Z fanart when I was starting out with drawing seriously.

yeah but for a while mods seemed to be against keeping them up, thankfully now that seems to have changed

probably bad association. a lot of the times the best fan voice acting is when they try to do their own interpretation of the character, rather than actually copying the original VA

Hold on, I can do this.
vocaroo.com/i/s0WbaRqgll18

I got this one
vocaroo.com/i/s1BSbXoqGqPE

It could use some more boot-crunching and face-punching noises but I ain't made of time, y'know

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZqeooGp07w

Excellent.

Nice.

I was the OP of the original one of these, but I didn't get a chance to put anything on the last two, If I get a chance this evening I will.

vocaroo.com/i/s1pOZ9Abl4UB

I feel like I could've added some more energy to Batman, but oh well.

DO IT

Holy shit

that was incredible user

Any tips to get into VA? or even just radio idents or small time stuff? I think I have a decent voice but i do have lisp. my health has been deteriorating so i figured if I cant be physcially active anymore I could still use my voice

>Invest in a decent mic (At least a Yeti)
>Practice a ton with silly shit like fan projects and threads like this
>When you're ready to invest in yourself, make a profile on Voices.com and become premium (Free accounts can't audition for shit, its basically window-shopping for jobs)
>Use the shit you've auditioned for that you're most proud of in demo reels

thanks man. i did buy a yeti snowball a few months ago, started recording some random stuff backs of movie boxes, random paragraphs in books etc) but then got sick for a while and havent picked it back up yet, but i think now is a good time

>vocaroo.com/i/s1pOZ9Abl4UB
Snowballs are okay if you're still in the practice stages. If you wanna get paid, grab a Yeti for $100 or so and learn some shit in Audacity

I have hopes of making these permanent. Always have.

Ya'll just have to stop cringing so much. Have you ever taken up a skill? Were you good when you started? Practice has to start somewhere. Why not where you can get feedback--sometimes from experts, and improve?

SOURCE LINKS

ONE SOURCE FOR "WATCHMEN" QUOTES
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4358649-watchmen

MONOLOGUE ARCHIVE
There are a whole lot of dramatic monologues for men and women here. Comedic stuff too.
monologuearchive.com/

GENERIC RADIO WORKSHOP SCRIPT ARCHIVE
genericradio.com/
Welcome to the Generic Radio Workshop's online repository of scripts from the Golden Age of Radio: the original and largest collection of radio transcripts on the World Wide Web.

OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
Original radio scripts have been archived for the following shows.

GREAT SOURCE FOR MONOLOGUES
whysanity.net/

SUPERHERO MONOLOGUES FROM WHYSANITY
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8

RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
pastebin.com/J9fR015E

OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

FSA's DRAMA bin
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L

Supervillainess Marriage Proposal (Female Script)
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c

Supervillain marriage proposal (Male Script)
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j

Sexy funny comic strips to record.
www.oglaf.com

I'm mostly a resource guy. There was a great thread up yesterday about writers fighting each other on the page...

Purina Diet

So I'm at Wal-Mart buying a bag of Purina dog food for my dog. While in the check-out line, a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, RIGHT??? So on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms. I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and all you do is load your pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's butt and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

“Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.”

“The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No.”

TRACY: (desperate, over the edge)
Because I have needs too, Harold! Did that ever cross your mind? Christ! Did it ever fucking occur to you that I have desires as well? You say how you love me, how you need me, and how I'm always there for you. And you know what? It kills me. I die every time I hear you say those words. It's the bolt of lightning that strikes the tree. It bursts into flames. Oh, but this lightning strikes more than once. It happens again and again and again. And you know what? That tree still burns. because I know that I'll never hear you say how much I need you. And how you will always be there for me. Because I know, dammit, I know!- that it's all a lie.

hey this is pretty neat

However, I wasn't going to post a new thread until Thursday night. Weekends are better in this, Sup Forums's low-traffic days, And then work on permanence from there. I did the same sort of thing with FSA back in 2012-2013

I'd try to stay clear of Voices.com
toddschick.com/voices-com-review/
Go for Voice123 instead.

If you have a baritone voice does it give you a major advantage? Seems like most radio personalities, or podcast hosts have a super deep voice. unless its just the microphone doing that

For radio and podcasting, they usually normalize the audio, so it sounds bassist on the low while not being too loud on the high end. Bass-y, distinct voices excel here.
VA'ing is a different beast. It all depends on what type of voice the person is looking for. So long as you can act, they'll take anything so long as it suits the character. In voice acting, it's acting first, voice second

I've used Voices.com for a couple years now and the only problem I've ever had with it is the waiting for the release of payments, which they state upfront in their terms & conditions. That article is making it look like they're fucking over the clients, but from the talent side of things I've never really seen an issue.

bump,

Did you find you get a decent amount of work for how many jobs you apply to?

I was eyeing them a few years ago as a parttime job sort of thing for extra income but never got around to it. Already have a decent professional mic, so really I have no excuses.

is there anyone who can do futurama voices?

youtube.com/watch?v=DX_wprkggoE

Jesus Christ, don't ever do that again.

It's pretty damn competitive. I really wouldn't count on it as your only source of income.

I've been doing it for 2 years and only gotten something like 9 or 10 jobs total, but to be fair I didn't audition for stuff obsessively every day. Maybe 2 or 3 auditions a week on average

Asking this early cause last time the thread was dying:

I'd really appreciate if any knowledgeable anons could possibly help me out with some answers. My first question is about equipment for voice acting, and by extension, sound clips and such. Any advice or general opinions on certain pieces of equipment, lie microphones, pop filters, and anything else that might be necessary for both voice work and recording sounds? What would I need to look for for recording clear sounds and noises with decent quality, aren't there those portable recorder things?

And secondly, besides practicing different characters and your voice in general, is this a skill like any other that you can improve at (i.e. writing, drawing) with enough practice and critique, or is it something that people are naturally good at to a degree, and you can only ever reach so far unless your vocal cords are top notch? Sorry if this one is a particularly dumb question, it's just of interest to me, and id hope you can just keep practicing and improving to a level of reasonable quality.

On top of this, how would you practice? Any recommended exercises or I guess, 'guides' for this sort of thing? Art has books, coding has online lessons and books, etc etc. What are some solid resources for voice work?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Thanks for the info, user.

I like my AKG C214 mic. Requires phantom power, but you can buy that cheaply these days. I've taken a liking to condenser mics. Less distortion with high pitches/singing.

I sort of fell into voice acting and singing as a side thing over the last few years. I have a strenuous work schedule and it was one of the only things I could work on while driving, showering, etc. I've noticed my range and acting ability have improved a bit. Like with art, some people have more natural skill in those areas, but everyone can learn to some degree via practice. Of course there are other things that help with the voice, like avoiding dairy because it produces phlegm.

I picked up a couple of general vocal training books used primarily by singers off of Amazon. Too lazy to check the titles, but just look at the reviews... the training exercise will help for voice acting too. Some focus on enunciation practice as well. There are books put out by voice actors as well... a lot of them.

twitter.com/FizzTheHuman/status/961083905779548160

Recorded this in the car on my phone, so pardon the quality. Missed a couple words too but ehh, I still like how it came out.

If you want to look into character work then the best advice I can give you is to look into local community theater. Not only will it boost your chops, give you inspiration for future character choices, and make you more comfortable in a performance setting, it will easily make you an assload of friends and give you some great stories to tell.

As far as equipment, I use a $125 USB Blue Yeti mic and Audacity, and so far that's all I've needed. Work on dampening the reverb in your recording space by hanging some thick blankets or cushions on the wall with pushpins and look up tutorials on youtube about how to effectively use Noise Reduction and Compressor in Audacity. Those are my 2 most used tools in the program.

For inspiration, I suggest watching my favorite documentary, "I Know That Voice!" It still picks me up whenever I'm low on motivation and it's where that webm of Ed Asner with a switchblade comes from.

I wish you luck user, it's really something you need to have a personal passion for to get anywhere with it, but it's stupidly rewarding when you actually land a role.

Thank you both very much for the recommendations and advice. Though personally i'm not really looking to make it into a career choice, its really just something I could see myself loving doing, and with enough practice maybe I could voice act for personal animation or video game projects in the future.

kek

I cosplayed Matt Murdock for Halloween, so I gave this a shot. Didn't try and emulate the performance but I love the monologue

vocaroo.com/i/s0Nn2MEqBs33

I'll try a few others before bed

I love Doc Ock. I was thinking maybe try a nerdier, mousier one after this? We'll see. This was going for that Raimi-esque melodrama a bit.

vocaroo.com/i/s1kHiCTG0i2Z

SHAZAM

vocaroo.com/delete/s18joToQYFXh/c16abc340a03d5f1

Some good parts, some could use work.
1st 2 lines could've been more melancholic and sorrowful while still retaining the "nonchalant" sound

Nice emotional emphasis with "monstrous things" "along with me", but try to spread that out to other parts of the monologue. And when I say emotional emphasis, that doesn't mean "up the emotion", but applying a more appropriate vocal quality to show a specific quality of the monologue, in this case, a whisper-like quality.
It is a monologue after all, so you don't have to get so worked up at parts. This is a very subdued monologue. It's a very introspective monologue, so (almost) nothing he's saying is a surprise because he's talking to himself. Aloud, but to himself.
The only things that need the emphasis are the inhibitor chip line (unknown to him) and "The power of the sun in the palm of my hand"
"Peter was right. I miscalculated." doesn't need the frantic nature because he's trying to humble himself with the realization of his misstep.

"The power of the sun in the palm of my hand" needs more theatricality to it. It's the saying that all his work is built upon.

Much appreciated user. I see everything you're talking about. I'll try again if the threads up later tomorrow

Everyone should be saving pics and links to practice with. Then you can come into the thread when it's up with good content.

vocaroo.com/i/s1Ed04yqDCRC

Hello from Sup Forums. 14/88 and have a blessed, white day.

I can see what this guy meant about the cringe

Bedtime bump

I had fun with this

vocaroo.com/i/s1nSF06AmdA4

Not only is this cringy as fuck, it is poorly made & you sound like a non-white.

bump