The hunt for "Shinbone Alley" (1970)

I know that this is not a request board, but when it comes to obscure stuff we could at least try and dig this out from the shadows. An user from /wsr/ requested pic related, and nothing has been found so far.
Even I searched for it, no results. And honestly, I've also wanted to watch this for years, without any luck.

Any help on this film on bringing it back to life would be appreciated.
Cheers Sup Forums!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CDe59Pmv-sg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxn9bTwWa8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archy_and_Mehitabel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BUMP

It's probably on a private tracker somewhere.

I thought it was on Youtube not that long ago.

Looks like it got pulled - I just found it in a search result, but the video is gone.

Found the opening scene on youtube, nothing else. youtube.com/watch?v=CDe59Pmv-sg

There's also about half a dozen listing for it on ebay.

Wow I remember that!

Honestly, it's kinda sad to see that no one bothered to make a pirated release anywhere after all these years since it's DVD release (not including the upload in parts YT, which existed till recently). Even if it did exist, it's nowhere to be found when I looked now thru two search engines. Of all the obscure releases that are alive and well and can be located on the web today, the absence of this one is surely a mystery...

Old and obscure things are at the mercy of their owners and whether or not they share it online.

Surely someone could message the uploader?

I just checked an external harddrive and I have it. I thought I'd saved it off of Youtube a while back.

No way for me to upload it this evening though.

Take your time, user. And thanks for checking.
At least we know, it's available somewhere.
If this thread goes to the archive by the time you get it on the web, make a new one.

Well, for the sake of keeping this thread alive and well until the kind user posts it when he gets the chance, how many anons did ACTUALLY watch this? What were your impressions of it. Is the film worth bringing it back out of obscurity?

I could make some webms or take some more screenshots if you like.

Aside from a few clips the only thing i could find was a review of the movie.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKxn9bTwWa8

Nah, no need. Thanks anyway.

_ _____ ____ ____ ___!

Well, now that I thought about it a little more thoroughly you could post some screenshots, to keep this boat afloat. At least with that we can gain some interest from anons who are unfamiliar with this film.
I say go for it!

So what's this movie about?

Don't know what you're sayin', but it's pretty obvious by the look of your face what our destination is.

I want to give love to the cockroach!

Alright.

A guy commits suicide and is reincarnated as a roach named Archy. Archy falls in love with

Well, it all started from this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archy_and_Mehitabel

It's a musical from what little i know about it.

an alley cat named Mehitabel and tries to get her to improve herself. Mehitabel is in love with

Big Bill, who is your average run-of-the-mill street scoundrel.

Gotta hand it to ya user, you sure know how to advertise an intro.

As time goes by, Mehitabel falls in with a would-be maestro called Tyrone J. Tattersall who tries to turn Mehitabel into a singer

I'm trying to not spoil too much of the story.

but her talents tend more towards the burlesque show than his more high-minded ideas of what theatre should be.

hardcore Sup Forums anons are gonna love the middle bottom panel.

Since we're at it, anyone ever found a good quality rip (not poor quality VHS rip) of the 1987 The Spirit movie, or the 90s JLA one? I think I've seen screencaps, but never managed to find a proper link.

Yeah, Archy goes off on a rant about the need for violent revolution by vermin and the art during it turns into a whole George Herriman sequence.

Stupid cat aside I kinda want to see the movie too now

yeah i hope that one user uploads it, it's always good to see lost media back again.

Kind of off-topic but I'll drop it in this thread:

Trying to find a cartoon I have only vague memories of. It's relatively old, european cartoon, it featured funny animals, mouse(?) character being sold into slavery to a witch and also there was some young rooster who had a father hero-rooster or some shit. I think art-wise it looked like Macskafogó.

Last time I was looking for a cartoon by definition this vague it drove me nuts.

Well, two things first. First: You're from where exactly? That way we could pinpoint on what you may have watched in your youth, judging by your location. (Especially if you're stationed in EU)
2nd, if you would start researching on your own right away, you may start with your first clue "Macskafogó" and research the films/series released by it's country of origin and by genre animation (yes, it's stupid cuz it's not, but that's how IMDb rolls), if you think it's done by a familiar animation crew from that country.

>Kind of off-topic but I'll drop it in this thread:
>Trying to find a cartoon I have only vague memories of. It's relatively old, european cartoon, it featured funny animals, mouse(?) character being sold into slavery to a witch and also there was some young rooster who had a father hero-rooster or some shit. I think art-wise it looked like Macskafogó.
>Last time I was looking for a cartoon by definition this vague it drove me nuts.

user's deleted post. Looks like he thought that anons didn't give a damn. Well, not so fast!

We care because no one else does.

It's available on Myspleen

This sounded like a mixture of different Hungarian cartoons

Something in the lines of mouse being sold to a witch seems to be from "Egérút"
Rooster character probably was from "Az erdö kapitánya"

Haven't seen those in a while so I can't confirm