Why do the major comic companies not juust reinvent the character entirely, or BETTER YET make new ones...

why do the major comic companies not juust reinvent the character entirely, or BETTER YET make new ones? why is every other hero basedoff f the major preexisting characters? baka

It's easy

Because you people bitch about it and go "Not muh".

Nah, let's make a anachocapitalist Super Man.

It's safer.

>reinvent the character entirely
You mean nu52?

>BETTER YET make new ones
You mean all those 90s characters that got stuffed in a freezer?

dumb monkeyposter

would they really say it if the characters were new and interesting?

>different power set
>unique character arc.
>decent suit
>team up with major heroes.

they kep pushing certain characters like cyborg but they could make another cyborg person, give them a diffrent name, and a different character about them to make them feel fresh. like thug black bitch cyborg girl or something?

>Why don't they use new characters
>Uses image of a character from a series that's used the same core cast of characters for over 20 years

>why do company use profitable company-owned IPs over riskier new characters
Gee, I dunno. Probably because nobody actually buys books of non-legacy/family new characters.
Seriously they try once in a while, when was the last time it succeeded and a new character became an actual major player, like a legit A lister, for either of the Big 2? For Marvel maybe Wolverine? And even then he succeeded under the pre-existing X-Men brand, and was introduced as a Hulk foe. And look where we're at with him, there's like fucking 6 of them running around in 616.

cyborg. legit they pushed him soooo hard and he stillisnt even an a lister. everytime the actor said booya in the movie i cringed

considering thy only have their current heros team up with either clones of themselves or other a-c idk. its like they arent even trying. but ok, lets stay this way and watch our beloved characters become hogwash becasue theyve rewritten the same stories 324810923494561093456102934150489156024245610946092485610249851094856104897510956019456019847560 times

It all has to do with royalties and brand identity. With modern royalty rules it’s econoally prohibitive for publishers to roll out new IPs.

IPs? i assume independant parties? help me out here

Because the market routinely rejects new characters.

Intellectual Properties

dumb phoneposter

Intellectual Properties

thanks, user

actually on my pcbuild

Why yes, a long running series that's entirely one story, that revolves around its core cast of characters would gnerally use the same core cast of characters for years on end

Because the series truly needed 30+ years and the same cast of characters to tell the engrossing story of strong man punch bad guy in the face.

>entirely one story
The Dragon Ball franchise has no story.

Because new characters never gain any long standing popularity unless they have some connection to established names. You've no doubt been told this many times, but you refuse to listen because you're a dumbass who just wants to bitch about something. Please fuck off.

same goes for comics? especially when its not all one story but many many stories with beginnings and endings.

just have the current superheroes team up with new characters?

>not muh faggotry

just because there are valid reasons why they use the same characters doesnt exactly mean it wont get boring asf watching a bunhc of superclones do stupid shit

They do it for the same reason that Toriyama keeps going back to DBZ to do the same stories with the same chsracters: the characters are popular and are guaranteed to sell, whereas a new IP is not.

Funnily enough, there actually IS a character like that. Cyborgirl, an obscure Wondy villain, who even happens to be Cyborg's cousin.

Making new characters is unnecessary in the Big Two, because there's a million fuckers floating around in limbo somewhere. I'd rather a writer just use one of those than crowd the universe even further.

They make new ones. Good ones. But you guy never buy their comics, never talk about them.
So they have to make legacy character because at least this way they have your attention.

obviously, but i mean batman and spider-man and everyone else started somewhere right? i mean, you can create one off characters and ask the readers to send feedback, the way they did jason todds death you feel?

>$5 comics just dont sell like $1 comics
>no advertisments

holy fuck. baka they beat me to it.

i agree, they could use preexisting characters and just update/rehaul them, but no one cares.

thats my point of this entire thread is no one cares about the quality anymore, its all about selling fancy picturebooks with different angles of the same picture. ive loved comics and cartoons since i was born nignog, and i honestly think cartoon shows are the only ones making any creative headway in storytelling. and even those are small strides

if you can tell the same 80's action hero story withy a different main heroeach time with his own backstory why not do that with capekino?

>but i mean batman and spider-man and everyone else started somewhere right
Yes, in a world 50+ years ago without internet when comics where cheap entertainment that cost a few cents per issue.

I have to be that asshole who says "branch out of the big 2" be it indie, Euro or manga.
Literally all the problems you describe come from the fact that they're company-owned IPs under a huge entertainment parent company.

I like Big 2 comics and they still do decent shit occasionally, but yeah it's mostly a reflavoring of the same.

thats my point. you cant sell current day comics at 3-5$ a piece or for 50$ for a specific run like civil war II. come on? no one wants to shill that for a comic. especially a digital comic. why spend so much money on something almost nonexistent. might as well jack off to memories of the sam raimi trilogy if a spider-man book is gonna cost me 30$ for a single storyline like the clone conspiracy. this is why no one buys comics anymore. because they make so much off the movies they think they can hauk their mediocre crap to us for a trillion a pop.

ive read 300+ manga and watched around 200 anime. i love foriegn comics, i like manwha and french comics and judge dredd. i like hellboy and youngbloods and other stuff from smaller publishings. my question is.

>manga Spider-Man is so shitty why?