Legend of Bolin when?

Legend of Bolin when?

I think the best bet for this series if it is ever to continue is to drop the Avatar as a main character. There should be a massive timeskip and just have our focus be on some random bender with some random element somewhere.

It would actually be a decent mini-series or movie. So, never.

>goes from a pro bender to movie star to war hero
>friends with Avatar
>dated a princess briefly
>has a hot airbender gf
Bolin is already a legend.
Now it’s Mako who got shit on in life and needs a spin-off.

I can kind of agree. I think the main problem with having an Avatar protagonist comes from how the most simple and obvious character arc for an Avatar is learning how to accept responsibility for their position while simultaneously growing in power. The problem is that TLA already did that, already did that extensively, and already did that in a way that is generally considered good, so any future installments would naturally feel like they're unnecessarily retreading ground if they tried it again. I think that's part of the reason Korra seemed so muddled: they didn't want to retread ground, but they also didn't have a clear idea of what else they wanted to do, and so the end product mostly just felt like a lot of farting around.

You could get around this if you had some idea for a character arc that didn't revolve around the powers and responsibilities of an avatar, or took them in a direction that the original series didn't (which is the direction Korra made fitful stabs toward) but then you run into the question of "why bother making them an Avatar then".

Of course I've always said that the original three seasons were perfectly fine as a standalone product, but I've made my peace with the fact that no commercial property ever ends anymore.

The problem is that there were 2 paths to becoming a better Avatar, spiritual and physical. Aang needed to master the physical, Korra the spiritual.

That, to me, means that the spiritual path is still open to being shown since Korra never really followed it. She just punched things till they didn't need to be punched

>no commercial property ever ends anymore
Dont tease me like that

Better title for consideration

Bolin: Journey of the Hero

You're half right, they should have an evil Avatar earthbender.

Considering the next Avatar only has Korra for advice this seems very likely.

I'd like to see a direct continuation of Aang's story with his quest to revive the Air Nation. Also with a mirror element of peace time politics.

each episode: 5 minutes of heroism, 17 minutes of loving, sensual, mindblowing sex with Opal

Bolin for Earth Republic President!

"Honey, I'm home, I brought roses–"
(whispers) "put a baby in me, Nuktuk"

Savage

>Earth Republic
Now that is a mistake.

This and its always worth reminding everyone that the Legend of Korra was initially given the go-ahead for a 12 episode mini-series. Then suddenly they were told they had 2 seasons to work with and possibly more depending on ratings
The writing just reeks of what happens when writers take a story they like and try to stretch it to fill several more books than it was originally intended. The relationship dramz, the stupid pro-bending episodes, and the strange pacing all point to the writers feeling too married to their original plot ideas and so not putting in enough effort to change it for the new extended number of episodes

"Honey, I'm home, I didn't bring flowers this time."
(opens box, there's a S1 Korra wig inside)

"Honey, I'm ho-- ASAMI YOU GET OFF MY WIFE THIS INSTANT"

I mean his future brother in law was the prince. That can only help him.
Nepotism seems to be a thing in Korra no matter how much they try to press the democracy meme.

two ideas for that
1) force the avatar to actually have an expansive number of friendships and professional relationships instead of just blundering into a situation and falling back on "I'm dah Avatard! You cant tell me what to do!". The avatar should have to consult with other longer-lived bending experts in order to replicate some of the greater bending tricks that previous avatars could fall back on thru the avatar state.

2) make the story about how the new avatar breaks thru the bullshit that Korra did to regain access to at least some of the other past lives if not all of them. Really root around in the spirit world and even technology for solutions. Or perhaps bring in worthy bending experts into the whole avatar-state-spirit-guidance thing.

shit I meant to quote

Wouldn't be able to top pic related.
>also muh dick

After fucking up with Korra as bad as he did, I think he needs to stay in the sidelines. He was so bad he turned his gf gay.

That was so fucking dumb.

>democracy is the only good government
Considering Raiko was shit and I bet both Zuko and his daughter were good rulers, Bryke can't even make a convincing argument.
Was Su an autocratic ruler too?

>Asians
>understanding Democracy
Kek

Exactly. Cannot wait until there is another fucking civil war. The Earth Kingdom has no fucking tradition with democracy.

so....nuStarWars?

Opal is essentially as close to an Earth Kingdom princess as exists, btw.

Mako's grandma would instantly die of happiness if Mako went gay for Wu and married him.

I love the idea of a chaotic mess of a democratic system in the future, with an aged Kuvira acting as a figurehead of an Imperial-party, but banned from actually taking office.

Hey Bolinfag. Time to post you fanfics and haremshit?

No. Star wars made the mistake of allowing characters from the past movies to hand the story off. I'm purposing a timeskip far enough out that everyone is just a random who is unrelated to all previous characters.

>Star wars made the mistake of allowing characters from the past movies to hand the story off
Um, sweetie? That's the good part about the new films.

Fairly boring Sokka ripoff tbqh

>t. Superleia fan

Hey I made those!

So that's how earthbending died.

He's just doing western kickboxing!

ok when did the other avatar ever have anything impotent to say

Bolin should be Korra's final boss.

Anyone know a site I can read Turf Wars Part 2?

Sup Forums?

Nah, retcon the whole thing, start over with good writing. Characters can stay, just develop them differently and please, God, no more love triangles

I see people saying that all the time, but besides being the comic relief, Bolin has nothing in common with Sokka, and there isn't even an attempt to make them similar on the writers' part. Pic related on the other hand is anti-villain!Sokka, to a tee. Incidentally, he's also far and away the best character Korra has to offer.

Boy the poor born members of team Avatar were a massive bunch of social climbers weren't they.

>he's also far and away the best character Korra has to offer

Right after Legend of the Red Lotus

Varrick was a pointless distraction in S2 and a plot device beyond that

Except Korra did have a clear course that wasn't just retreading TLA, the writers just threw it out the fucking window

He still looms large over the other characters simply by virtue of not being dull as shit.'. .

Upon further consideration, I would like to post an addendum to the above: Korra herself is not dull, unlike most other characters who are not Varrick. She's actively aggravating, which is arguably worse.

Korra was a mistake and every character around it too

This was the most aggravating part of Korea to me was that nobody was doing Hung Gar or Tai Chi Chuan anymore, every character is just a boxer, which would be fine if the first Avatar didn't make such a big deal about them learning new bending moves from scrolls and such, like it's an art you need to be taught and not something you can do with any movement at all.

There were entire episodes based around Aang talking to Roku and Kyoshi about how they handled problems that resembled his

That was a purposeful decision done to portray modernization of the setting/homogenization of martial techniques. Turns out modernization makes things pretty boring, just like real life.

TLOK had plenty of exciting fight scenes with a variety of fighting styles
You just can't do traditional bending in pro-bending

This, and for the love of god no korrasami.