Ballerina (aka. Leap!)

Just watched this in French with English subtitles via. a Hong Kong bootleg DVD.
What do I think of it?
Are the English dubs better or worse?
Which English dub is better, Entertainment One (UK/Canada, title: Ballerina) or The Weinstein Company (US, title: Leap!)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wDFi8goi_e4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's a boy, right?

Why can't their be a movie following an up and coming star who's worked their ass off and fought most of their life to be the best, facing off against a carefree plucky underdog prodigy antagonist who somehow ends up almost surpassing them despite barely having trained for long?

There was a few thread about this back then. I don't remember which dub I watched but people told the English isn't good. Movies like these make me want a cute daughter to fuck.

It is the oldest trick in the book. The nobody who comes from nowhere, defeats the """evil""" just by natural (YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE) talents and good will. It is like when the evil mastermind plots his plan for decades and the hero defuses it by just being there.

didn't this movie actually have very little to do with ballet and was about some steampunk boy?

Not really, the boy is just there to help the girl realize her dreams.

Canada version with Dehaan was the original version. Watch that one.

>annoying underdog gets lucky and effortlessly beats the other girl who trained hard and actually earned her position
>we're supposed to find this charming and cheer for the protagonist

It's shit.

This movie screams of "We want the Disney audience!"
Such bad influence oh the industry.

He has some Majima airs to him.

The main character did train, but it was mostly told through montages and poorly developed. The storytelling was distracted by an unnecessary romantic subplot and a Disney-esque villain, when it should have focused on competition and camaraderie.

That said, the concept is sound. This should have been a series.

>What do I think of it?
Are you serious, nigga?

The English dubs are much worse. In fact every animated film turns to shit once the Weinstein Co. gets involved with it. AniMat pretty much said it best here: youtu.be/wDFi8goi_e4

It's a meme, you dip. Specifically a Sup Forums meme. Op needs to go back.

the romance was superfluous and they should really just have made it a ballet story, with a proper full lenght final dancing part.

It's trash. Sup Forums just likes it for the children in tight outfits. The animation is horribly dated and the plot is ludicrous. Jumping into ballet and expecting to do well within months is stupid. Those dancers have ankles of steel from years and years of practice.

I'm not sure I like how much the main character stands out from the crowd; somehow it feels too explicit.

>Hong Kong bootleg DVD
Do you have data caps or snail internet?

>The animation is horribly dated
wtf man. wtf.

I only watched this because i have ballet fetish

you too

I dont know about movies but...

You know...

So it's a boy?

2 nukes werent enough...

Why are those bottles so tiny?

This

the movie's lesson was that hard work means nothing if you aren't passionate about the thing
blonde girl was forced by her mother to become a dancer

No stop trying

It's true.

Real talk: Is the dub any good or should I watch it in french? Monster in paris or better dubwise?

When I was little I was kind of obsessed with ballet and ballerinas even though I technically never took ballet (Jazz and tap but my mom called it ballet) so decent movies about it make me giddy.

is it an ok movie? Monster in paris or better?

But I mean, it's 2018. I bet it was meant to be a transgender boy and they just got cold feet about it. It looks like a boy. I bet "she" has a dick.

We get it, you're gay. Now fuck off with the dick girl shit already.

>He thinks liking traps is gay

The second one was too much