Superman #40 Storytime

History is repeating, but will the combined might of Superman and Son be enough to stop the death of a planet?

"The Last Days" Part One.

Other urls found in this thread:

www97.zippyshare.com/v/hHjhyMHm/file.html
mediafire.com/file/g9axskplt97tfk9/
mediafire.com/file/z75b95xk5tk208s/
filescdn.com/foo7ozkzo26n
filescdn.com/g5zmy5um4njw
twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/status/959430803234197504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PLEASE DON’T LET BENDIS HAVE SUPER SONS, TOO!

PLEASE!!!!!!

RIP Tomasi

Batman: Green Lanterns: Injustice: Justice League: Support your local comic shop.

so boring

>Tomasi won’t even get to do Superman #50 because of BENDIS

This is bullshit!

Tomasi Superman has been pretty 'eh' as of late. This issue in particular was fucking stale.

>This issue in particular was fucking stale.
You might want to go check that credits list on the first page again.

Jon wasn't at his best. He didn't sound like himself, and he had more than a few weird face throughout the issue, starting here

I too place Krypto before Supergirl.

Putting that aside, do you really want BENDIS doing it instead?

Superman saying it seems a universal truth that organized religion is assholes? Regardless of beliefs, that doesn't seem a very Superman thing to say. And then Batman making out with a Green Lantern, what happened this week?

>religion makes us stupid and evil, science makes us smart and good

This is some lazy-ass writing, man.

Though Jon invoking Rao got a laugh out of me.

Hopefully, if the Super Sons annual has sold well, Tomasi would pitch doing a 3 or 6 issue Super Pets mini to DC.

For some reason I hear Ben ten's voice reading this

The Brimstone covers look spoopy. Collor me hyped, I didn't think they'd go with a horror angle.

generic religion is evil episode...this is very boring.

This seems like a cop out, honestly. It would have been interesting to see how Superman would deal with an alien race that did not want to be saved and uniformly rejected his help. Would he leave them to die or act against their wishes?

This is literally the premise of the last Green Lanterns story arc.

I do like this Jon Boy variant.

"Clark, I hate to be the one who has to point this out, but it's WEIRD that you sometimes decide to give the statue of you father a shave like that."

Another fucking problem of Tomasi's run is he's only really in it for like 50% of the time then it's just fill-ins

Honestly? Yes, Humphries made me like Baz and Jess and now I'm finding his Nightwing pretty ok. I can imagine Bendis somehow pulling something off, best worst case scenario Superman is gonna get bigger artists with Bendis power on board

Robinson is a hack

Robinson can only write old people

they went back to Superman needing to breathe in space?

This make no sense, why would you any sane person do this? It's morbid. It's like if Batman made a holographic projection of the moment his parents got shot and hit by the bullets to commemorate their deaths.

I think it's kinda like the Holocaust museum in Israel except Robinson isn't very smart or respectful

Nice quip about Muslims

lots of different peoples remember tragic events on some sort of holiday or whatnot, Superman just happens to have a visual representation instead of a written one.

I'm pretty sure it's just so he can talk

>Superman just happens to have a visual representation
That's why it's fucking weird.

This is literally what happened a few issues ago in Green Lanterns

right yeah but it looks really similar to the old breathing device he needed, makes sense for communication though.

no different than a crucifix except it has lights and sounds

Nah. He’s pointing out that the people that yell the loudest about how devout/great they are tend to actually be assholes. Actual saints like Walker tend to let the evidence speak for itself.
You say that like anyone would be surprised by Batman doing that. He’s taken Damian to crime alley on the anniversary before.

le based atheist science man

>You say that like anyone would be surprised by Batman doing that. He’s taken Damian to crime alley on the anniversary before.
That's different compared to having a picture of the exact moment your parents got hit by bullets in bloody 3D. Imagine if your daughter died by getting gangraped in all her holes and you had a holographic projection of it in your living room to commemorate it.

This isn't just the death of two people, it's the extinction of an entire people.
No offense to those who have lost someone personal, that's still important on a personal level, but when we're talking countless lives being ended abruptly a remembrance/memorial day of some sort is to be expected. It probably would be wise though for Clark to do something like have them somehow read/view the (highlight) life of some either up until that day or on that day before they die. Otherwise I imagine Jon seeing this over and over with no greater context or depth will desensitize him.
Of course the sense of dread before someone's story ends violently might just as well lead to a issues for Jon, but that's life really. Once a kid senses death for the first time, I don't mean the loss of a pet I mean like when grandparents kick it and they realize every adult they love and know will likely pass before them leaving a big gap in their lives at some point, they won't be the same.

This is all overthinking a fictional child's life and times which may well be completely reworked, rebooted or removed, but hey.

>Detective Chimp shout out here
>Bulleteer, Firestorm in GL
What a day for cameos.

WHY did Clark just spell out his list of weaknesses to a hostile religiously zealous crowd?

The writer is garbage. Alot of things in this issue don't make any sense.

you should check out the new scooby doo movie

You completely misunderstood what he said.

What the fuck is wrong with this dialogue.

>ywn watch a serious movie biography of Detective Chimp

What the fuck is up with the faces here

>In this moment, I am super euphoric

>Two and one quarter billion people
Earth has nearly three times the population size

>Ah yes Rao, I remember punching him once, after having my history merged with that other Superman from this timeline.

Krypton had an overpopulation problem at one point, cold science Krypton fixed it by assigning genetic partners through a computer the other versions of Krypton never really touched on it.

>Calling them insane
Superman is really handling this badly, he could just say that his presence there can either be two things, a test of their faith or that their god's will is for them to be saved. I mean shit he's supposed to be a good pep talker.

Jon is so autistic and annoying.

This is one of those moments when you alert the GLC, man who has no means of transporting several billion people at the same time.

Seems like another dull arc, Superman is written with the grace and subtlety of a hammer. Instead of trying to work around the fact that a lot of people want to die on that planet because of their faith, he just brute forces the issue and saves them while having them as enemies for the arc.

That's almost definitely a trans suit, ie. Legion tech.

why the boy looks like a girl? does cold change him into a girl¿

That was boring. Glad Tomasi is fucking right off.

Even Rivera is better than Tomasi.

Read the credits again

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH JON'S FACE

>¿
Why is this here? This isn't Mexico, or is it?

Superman 040 (2018) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer).cbr
www97.zippyshare.com/v/hHjhyMHm/file.html

~

Superman - American Alien (2016) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Slayer)
mediafire.com/file/g9axskplt97tfk9/

Superman - Emperor Joker (2016) (digital TPB) (Glorith-Novus-HD)
mediafire.com/file/z75b95xk5tk208s/

Superman - Lois and Clark (2016) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Slayer)
filescdn.com/foo7ozkzo26n

Superman-Batman - Saga of the Super Sons (2017, New Edition) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
filescdn.com/g5zmy5um4njw

reminds me of the arc in green lanterns with the subterranean aliens

man, Superman stories have been shit for a while innit? what happened? this sries started with shuch a high note.

>religion makes us stupid and evil, science makes us smart and good
This is true though

Last arc was better and I don't even remember what the last arc was. I just remember it wasn't as shit as this

Only if the religions are retarded (ie monotheism)

Man Robinson is never going to recapture the quality of Starman. Dude should just leave capeshit comics for a while, dude is clearly out of ideas.

Jon looks like a trap

I’m wondering if since Teen Titans is getting cancelled Tomasi will take that over and Jon finally gets to join the team. Then DC would sadly cancel Super Sons so Bendis can have complete control over the Super office.
Tomasi doing Detective and TT seems like a good fit.

This seems like it was made at the last minute. Ev en Mahnke is off his game. Probably because of the Bendis stuff.

He was never good at capeshit. He's only good at subverting capeshit, like his Starman, Golden age and Airboy. His normal capeshit like JSA, Superman, JL and Hawkman suck donkey ass.

one of Sup Forums server is on mexico, but no, this is not mexico.
it's guatemala

Anybody know what issue's Tomasi and Gleason have left before the reboot?

I want to know exactly what to tell my shop to drop because they're small and they shouldn't take even an extra copy of deadstock simply because DC wanted to fully present their cunts to Bendis.

I fucking hate Jon Boy art I can't lie.

>Aquaman Disguised as Dum-Dum
SIDES! RELP!

>well it is isn't it... I'm half-blank and proud of it.
what is this kid, a portagee?

I hope the point here is that Clark just told Jon they don't act like Gods and now he's telling a King he has a higher power than him after descending from the sky.

Only way to end this and not have "Clark is just a hypocritical fuck" is to have him agree to watch them all die.

>telling a king
I'm sure I'll be told I didn't read so I meant ruler. High Priest is effectively the same thing.

Superman is too fucking punch happy lately, what happened to diplomacy?

twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/status/959430803234197504

I don't want to fucking read that. I don't care if you do.

I want super sons as it has been. Fucking annual was ass, leave that shit to fuckign DC ZOOM.

Might be Bendis, but Tomasi has really struggled with the double shipping. He’s needed a ton of fill-ins. I hope this Bizarro arc ends things on a high note because overall I’ve enjoyed his run.