George lucas would have made a better movie

the prequels ended up being better than 7 and 8. you know i'm right

Yes

No.

Yeah no shit.

Fuck off, the prequels are beyond shit. 7 and 8 are at least fun. Unoriginal, braindead fun but fun nonetheless.

Samefags

>7 and 8 are at least fun

the pod race in episode 1 alone is better than any "fun" produced by 7 or 8

OP here. that's impossible. look at the number of people posting

i posted this

The only fun you can get from from 7 and 8 is derived by making fun of them. Also 8 is really good for taking a nap.

Story checks out

Aw, hell naw, son.

PT is better than OT let alone ST and I truly mean what I said.

5>4>6>3>1>7>8>2

What an awful list.

3>5>1>6>2>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7

>force is midichlorian will forever canon

I went back and watched the prequels, and they were even worse than I remembered.

that's just how people communicate with the force like positing that you talk to god through your pineal gland or something

Star Wars fanboys are embarrassing

>and they were even worse than I remembered
Yet somehow still better than the Sequels.
Amazing how Rey gets a worse reaction than Jar-Jar.

ebin b8 m8

I never understand the appeal of the pod race. Not only it's not really justified by the movie but it's not even exciting and the kid is annoying.

Sure, dude.

It has been canon 77s, but a blind fanboy like you would always be in denial about this.

WOOHOOOO

The prequels are worse, but have minute redeeming qualities and failed in ways that were entertaining.

The new movies fail on a basic level and aren't redeemable. I'd rather watch neither, but I managed to squeeze some enjoyment out of the prequels.

>I never understand the appeal of the pod race.
It made a pretty fun vidya

You're right, the prequels at least had fresh ideas

>Phantom. Politics of the Late Republic, first heavily choreographed lightsaber fights, pod-racing
>Clone Wars. A mystery story, crappy love story, Jango proving himself 10x more badass than Boba
>RotS: Sheev finally winning and hamming it up. Order 66.

Why did you continue watching all the three movies if they were "so bad"? I really started to think that you pt haters are actually tsundere and deep down actually loves them.

I hadn't watched them since I saw them in theatres at release. I forgot a good chunk of the plot. I rewatched them because I was trying to remember what the conflict was all about with the trade federation and the clone shit.

This user wears chromed go-go boots and takes it in the ass every Friday night

I have only watched OT once and I still can't bring myself to rewatch it except some random scenes in YT because while I think it was fun, the plot isn't worth rewatching the whole thing. Same with TLJ and TFA.

PT in the other hand, I actually rewatching the whole thing and I find myself enjoying even more because I think they are good movies and the story is engaging. So, my point is why would you waste your time over something you think is "pretty bad"? I don't I will ever understand this mentality.

"Midichlorians are not the Force. They were never the Force." - Sincerely, everyone who doesn't have an ass-backwards understanding of that one scene in TPM

7 and 8 are product of safe measurement and overfacturation, and eded up becoming just generic mediocre marvel movies that anyone can watch with no strong opinions

The prequels were product of unstoppable autism on steroids that become eternal base examples of what can be wrong with modern fiction writing.

Both gens shows the two sides of what is wrong with "nerd entertainment". Companies making safe moves with producers on a leash that ended up creating mediocrityindepedent crap or v insane losers with no grasp on reality having full control on group projects

I don’t much care for the prequels, but WITHOUT any doubt whatsoever, i can say that the Jinn-Kenobi-Maul lightsaber battle was the best out of any of the films yet.

And where does the originals fall if both the prequels and sequels are example of "what is wrong"?

Naw, I'll take fun pulp over blatantly bad any day of the week.

No. 7 is at least functional as a movie. The prequels are bad on a truly confounding level.

I haven't seen 8, because I disagree with the while idea of bringing back the old cast and continuing their story past its natural ending, but if it's anything like 7 then it's just a competently made film that simply has no reason to exist.

Th prequels are worse than steamed garbage. They're an eternal blight upon Star Wars. In fact, they're so bad, I wish Disney spat in Lucas' by remaking them rather than producing these unremarkable, uneeded sequels.

Perfect balance of enthusiastic direction, innovation, and teamwork. The OT is that stage in a creator's life cycle when his vision is bold and powerful, but he's still open to advice and revision from others.

Who is responsible for Revenge of the Sith?

You are entitled to your opinion, but man. The nostalgia is very strong with you.

OT was enjoyable, but suffer from so many problems and cringy moments.

7 is fun albeit unoriginal and braindead and written as fanfiction. 8 is just fucking fanfiction garbage.

>7 and 8 are product of safe measurement and overfacturation, and eded up becoming just generic mediocre marvel movies that anyone can watch with no strong opinions
This is true of 7 but no 8.
7 is full of undeveloped characters and almost devoid of world building.

8 has a bit of world building and take characters somewhere. Given how some Star Wars fans are vocal about their disliking for where the characters ended up in the movie, you can't talk of "no strong opinions".

Episode 6 with the Ewoks shows that Lucas was already up his ass. He had a hard time finding a director for it because he was so adamant about his teddy bears.

The episode that apes the first one is "written as fanfiction" but the one that goes against everything people were expecting, that says it's time to move on is "fanfiction garbage" ?

Because character make no sense. Luke and Leia and lets not start with how Rey is a fucking mary sue.

why Brainlets have difficulties to understand Midichlorians are just a biological explanation concerning the beings more sensitive to the force who possess the capacity to use it and which are a minority anyway?
>BUT BUT EVERYONES CAN'T BE A JEDI!!
yes and even in the original trilogy a few people can become Jedi or use the force anyway.

Midichlorians absolutely not explains the nature of the Force.

IDC how much you hate the new trilogy, noo amount of rose colored glasses and contrarianism is gonna convince me that the prequels were good outside of external material and set design.

let's be honest, we all know baby boomers/X gen fans don't liked it and started intense propaganda on the medias they controls, on shows like the simpsons or some shit like that.
90% of bashing against the prequels concerns just The Phantom Menace anyway, which was basically putting the same childish formula than Return of the Jedi, but watch out it's forbidden to say anything against Return of the Jedi, the dads will be mad against you.

maybe?
i dont know - can you repeat the question?

Less of a Mary Sue than Anakin

Anakin was a slave, received a Jedi training, participated to numerous missions with Obi-Wan and had flaws, and finally turned to the dark side betraying everyones.

Rey is a random who can do anything.

Anakin was a rando slave who could do anything even before training.

SW need to be in it's own contamination board

the only thing he has was some facilities piloting machines because he was force sensitive, with the help of Artoo on space, outside of this he was nothing but a kid slave.

Barely. It depends if you hate the stupid baby-shit comedy that Lucas was constantly sprinkling in the PT or if you hate how flat and uninteresting the story and character development has become in the ST more

honestly I dont know which is worse.
oh and you also have to deal with Lucas inspiring the most flat acting possible from whoever he chose for the roles.

Hardly. ANH and Empire are legitimately great films. They're fantastically well shot and written, and featured innovations that changed the entire industry. RotJ is where you start seeing Lucas prepping for the long climb up his own ass that culminates in the violently horrific discharge that was the prequels, but it's still a very good movie.

What backwater are you from boy?

>defending the prequels and George "Surrounded By People Much More Talented And Creative Than He Ever Was" Lucas
You people disgust me. The absolute state of Star Wars fans right now, I swear.

I would rather smash my dick with a hammer than watch even one minute of any of the three prequel movies. I won't call 7 or 8 good, but at least they're entertaining, which is more than I can say for the prequels.

>beating adults at podracing at nine years old
>building sophisticated droids at nine years old
>more midichlorians than anyone in history must be da prophecy
>wins the war single handed (did I mention he's nine?)
>gets da CHICK
The Skywalker family is nothing but marysue, if Rey was a Skywalker you wouldnt question it.

>The Skywalker family is nothing but marysue, if Rey was a Skywalker you wouldnt question it.
This. If Rey had a dick, these faggots would be slobbering all over it and talking about how deep a character she is.

I didnt say male, I said Skywalker. If she was family there wouldnt be an issue

Yeah, my bad. You're also right about that. The idea that a skilled Force-user could come from nothing and no one seems to be a bizarre sticking point with idiots. It's this bizarre obsession with lineage that honestly reminds me of white supremacists and weird people who trace their ancestry back to olden days, and act like being descended from Charlemagne means something, or who are obsessed with genetic purity.

To you they are. I actually think ANH is the weakest out of the 6 movies and ESB is second best.

I ignored all live action disney stars wars films, the first time after i saw that starship trooper take his helmet to reveal some nigger back in the first trailer.

Did I miss anything?

I don't think anyone disagrees with you...

>cant be arsed to read the thread, just comment

>Jake Lloyd's character in a shitty, universally reviled movie is a Mary Sue
>that makes it okay to write Mary Sues

I don't even think Ridley is that much of a Mary Sue anymore (Snoke kicked her ass), but you're being ridiculous.

The fact that you are legit serious about the post you wrote makes me truly question how your brain work while watching SW. There should be a study about this.

was I responding to "anakin isnt a mary sue"?

so you are mad enough to post but not mad enough to disprove any of the points.
cool

You are so wrong it hurts.

your post is another confirmation only Tumblr like the sequels.

Why are people even defending the prequels? They were absolute garbage in every possible way. There is literally nothing redeemable or positive about them, and George Lucas never should have been allowed to have as much creative control over Star Wars as he did. The man's an idiot with shit ideas, and the only reason the original trilogy was good was because people much smarter than him who knew how to make better movies were involved. You can see shades of the prequels in Return of the Jedi because that was when Lucas started getting more control, and that's why it's the weakest of the three originals.

how so?

Bitch, did I say I liked the sequels?

Anakin is the chosen one and you perfectly know it, your post is nothing but pure faith, taking anakin as a child is also pure cheating.
in fact you could compare Rey to Luke and doing this you perfectly know Rey is nothing but a Mary-sue.

it's hilarious when people tryhard to justify their complete shit taste, forcing them to like bad written characters and yelling about sexism like fucking SJW

>cheating
are you fucking kidding? im really not sure if you are trying to be funny or trying not to be retarded.

>why people like what I don't? This makes no sense! And how dare George has a control over what he created? This makes even less sense! Muh OT!
Seriously, when you people are planning to grow up? This getting a little worrying, honestly.

you understand everything i said motherfucker, i just use your subhuman barbaric language to communicate with inferior subhumans who can't learn more than one language on this chinese cartoon board.

it's pure bad faith to take an irrelevant character who appears that way on only one movie and saying is the same thing than Rey just because he won a pod racing and build a goddamn robot, you perfectly know your statement is inconsistent and still tryhard.

It's not that the prequels are good, it's that they're bad in a hilarious, over-the-top, stupid way.

>lines like "I hate sand," "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil," and "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"
>Hayden Christensen in general
>Padme giving up on life even though she has two kids
>Grievous and Dooku die lame deaths
>fan-pandering like Chewbacca and Jango/Boba Fett
>Based Sheev

They're a riot, and created a zillion memes. 7 and 8, on the other hand, are bad in a different way.

>reused scenes/setpieces (Jakku = Tattooine 2.0, Imperial Walkers on a field of white, ANOTHER Death Star)
>boring characters like Rey and Poe
>all the actors sleepwalk through their roles
>rehash of the Rebels vs. Empire dynamic
>villains are all unmenacing buffoons

They're just boring and uninspired.

ok, retarded. thanks for clearing that up so quickly

Anakin was a freaking genius and literally the force's child. We were given reasons about his extraordinary abilities right away and we saw his faults right in the second movie. There's no comparison between Anakin and Rey and trying to do use him as example only prove how badly written Rey is.

You have to be 18+ to post here.

>It's not that the Originals are good, it's that they're bad in a hilarious, over-the-top, stupid way.
Fify and I totally agree.

no arguments, fuck you nigger!

you are females or you are not white, fucking subhumans, star wars was never made for you.

HAH
you still havent told me how Im wrong other than quickly trying to move goalposts.
If Rey was a Skywalker this wouldnt even be a discussion.

amazing
every word of what you just said is wrong

>look at me i'm passive-agressive

>Wow, those people are eating shit, how disgusting!
>What, you don't like eating shit? That's childish of you.

Only Tumblr like the sequels, in fact they prefers the sequels to the original material, Tumblr is ruining everything in cinema, fuck you Tumblr!

Seconded. The fact there are OT fans who legit makes fun of PT over dialogs, acting..etc is extremely ironic. Take your nostalgia goggle because OT actually has been heavily criticized over bad script and weak acting back in the day and only got a pass because they were AMIED AT CHILDERN who unforuntly refuse to grow up till this day.

>look at me I still dont have a valid point

ok, you got your boogeyman, but you are short some buzzwords, so . .. I dunno, 3/10?
try again tho.

Amazing, every word you just said is wrong.

>look at me i believe my strawman was a valid point

it's true.

you still havent told me how its bad faith or cheating to take a mary sue character and call him mary sue. so whatever. Play greentext games all you want.

So, women = tumblr? All women are from / use tumblr? Or do you just hate women?