Now, More Than Ever, We Must Stand Up for Science

>Make no mistake; science was on the ballot this fall. And almost nobody took notice. But they should now because the Trump Administration is outlining an aggressive policy portfolio that not only puts our global response to climate change in deep jeopardy but that also threatens to radically change the fundamental direction of science in the United States.

>The top priority must be for scientists to try to engage the incoming administration. While the early indications of how a President Trump may approach issues of science are concerning, we cannot afford not to try. I would suggest that a group of Nobel Prize winners, members of the National Academy of Sciences and other scientific leaders who may get his attention, offer to meet with the President-elect to lay out what they think the biggest issues are.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/dan-rather-now-more-than-ever-we-must-stand-up-for-science/

Fellow scientists, the time is now.

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/112/31/9511.full.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lets also remember Trump isn't an ideologue and that he's still putting a focus on NASA's space exploration

So its not all bad, and things could be subject to change

(((Science)))

Science = Worship of Worldly things = Satanism

Newton was a satanist
Einstein was a satanist

go fuck yourself faggot

ASTEROID MINING WHEN

I want my kilometer diameter solid gold and platinum rocks

>Hurr durr climate change
No fuck off
How about you work on something that actually fucking matters like colonizing other planets

> calls himself a scientist
> doesn't understand that all evolutionary process (physical, chemical, biological, sociological, technological) follows the thermodynamic gradient due to entropy, thus maximizing energy usage to discharge the energy imbalance in space time.

> mfw pnas.org/content/112/31/9511.full.pdf

>DUH SIENS SUKKCCSSS
go live in a mudhut in africa then, nigger

My one regret in voting for Trump was this. I hope the scientists can convince him to help them.

>the earth is a closed system

You're a fucking moron

> it's implying the exact opposite

uhh...
trolled
haha I was only pretending to be retarded

Biotechnologist here, weathermen can suck my nuts. No more federal funding for your fake faggot field.

Could've fooled me...

Liberal don't understand science or physics the proof is all those videos of them protesting on the highways getting hit by cars.

Science is never ending questioning and finding facts

Not blindly following political dogma and shakey unproven wild claims about a coming climate catastrophe propped up by easily disproven pseudosicence to the point of legislation and wealth transfer

>entropy
What kind of made up bullshit is this?

(((Einstein)))

climate change + science = error, does not compute !!!! 500 !!!! internal processing error ยจ!!

Entropy is the (apparently) universal phenomenon of all interactions, stating that no echange of energy between matter is 100% efficient - there is always loss in a form of energy (usually heat) that is no longer able to carry out the function.

why climate change theorie is BS.

why its simple fluctuations within the sun.

lol where were you standing up for 'science' when it was being maligned by shitlibs for pointing out fags are mentally ill and nigs are stupid?

>can wake up and be any gender you want for the day
>think faggots are born gay even though its been proven they are not
>think global warming is settled science even though we only have 100 years of data out of 4 billion
>think you can tax rich people 100% so that most other people can stay home and fap all day and not collapse the economy
>have no proof God doesn't exist but still insist he doesn't

yeah, you leftists are totally scientific

>A CFR member tells us what to think and do
Color me surprised.

Because "this" is not "that"?

There are interesting conclusions you can draw if you seriously ask. Which one of the many is truth...?

I wonder.

Bootlickinn sociopathic self-important commie scum.
Please off yourselves.

I am a scientist, I want to drill in the Arctic and help the company I work at with efficient ways to design offshore structures in the Arctic. Fuck Nature, we gonna drill the shit out of mother earth.

So... Leonardo Di Caprio says global warming is a thing so we have to jump in that train and change laws?

YFW
>The ozone layer is getting thicker

I dont believe the global worming bullshit. Is just globalist agenda for placing factories in shitty countries with fucked up wages.

Consider this:

The planet used to be covered in a layer of ice. But it started to melt, the process never ended, is just that, and then the globe will start to cool off and then you have a new ice age. Is just like Summer-Winter in a galactic tier.

>B-but muh Al Gore.

Fuck that shit. He was going for the shekles.

The only ones getting fucked by the pollution are the assholes in the cities burning gas with no filters. Like the gooks.
But that pollution is just that. Not a global threat.

So, you need to use better filters while burning shit for energy? Yes.
Are we all going to die cos that? No.

Is just the planet doing his thing.

PS: Fuck you, and fuck your globalist agenda. MAGA.

t. Someone who read books instead of shitty blogs and huffPo.

So what about standing up for science and putting the smackdown on these Transgender Studies and Gender Studies professors that are insisting there is no such thing as biological sex?

>not confronting the moral event horizon of progressivism being entropy manifested as a political philosophy

why do they say science when clearly they want to say climate change? sounds like leftist manipulative bullshit to me

see

VOC BITCHES

I didn't know the amish are allowed to use the internet

Bringing skepticism to a scientific debate is actually really healthy. Otherwise it just turns into a religion.

tesla invented very little. didnt really advance science at all. immediately after he died he fell into obscurity. it wasnt til recently popular culture revived him, not really shedding lights on his works, but just giving him a crazy mad scientist image.

look it up or go ahead right now provide all advancements he made in science and compare that to some one theoretical like james clerk maxwell. maxwell did 10 times with just equations

>my argument is to refute a totally unrelated straw man argument
brilliant strategy man