Spider-Man #237 Thread

Oh God, being sick with a cold sucks! Your whole body aches, you get a nasty cough, and you're tired as all fuck.

But enough about me. Storytime!!

If y'all wondering why I haven't made any comments is because there really isn't much to comment on......at least not yet....

Woo!!

Damn, look at the roll of bills!

His dad dies, doesn't he?

meanwhile.....

Oh God, I want to fuck MILF Bombshell so much.....

meanwhile....again.....

And to the absolute surprise of no one.....

And done. Thanks for reading!

Now to take a shower and wash all this sweat off.

>Your whole body aches,
Are you sure you merely have a cold? That sounds like a flu symptom to me. Colds and flus are often confused but they're very different and if you have the latter yer fucked m80.

Oh, and thanks for sharing worst Spider-Man I guess.

Goddammit Bendis...

He's writing Kingsley as Macendale.

>Cover shows Miles fight Hobgoblin
>Never happens in comic
>This cover he fights Sandman
That issue he'll stand around yelling at his uncle

How much are we gonna bet Miles won't fight Sandman like Hobgoblin? Anyway thanks for posting this and get better!

she is ganke girlfriend, right?
how come miles book is so dull and boring, it amazes me also op i hope you get better soon!

Bendis is not trash. Writing Kinsley like this is a fucking crime. Someone's going to pull a "it's not the original" again?

Okay, so these people aren't just copies made by molecule man? They either are the originals or at least have the memories of the originals?

Then how come Miles' mom isn't freaking out about being dead, or remember that her son is Spider-Man?

Because Bendis?

Given Slott has developed dupes en made for Kingsley. Yeah.... Whomever writes him next is gonna ignore the last two years.

Normally I'd tell people to ignore Slott's ideas, but between this and his Jessica Jones comic, I really hope it's one of Kingsley's brainwashed flunkies.

Oh God, I hope it's not the flu! That would mean that flu shot I took months ago ain't worth shit!

Not your blog.

This isn't facebook.

No, it's Myspace. Put that in your perspective and smoke it.

Drink chicken soup user, take some DayQuil and then rest. Even if you feel a lot better just rest.
Usually I’d agree with you but this years flu was brewed in hell.

Yep. I'll give Slott that. It was a great cop out idea. They already referred him as Kinsley, right? I randomly thought about the Clone Conspiracy. It -could- be clone Macendale. But Bendis isn't that clever.

>Bendis isn't that clever.
He has his moments that’s how he manages to get me to read his comics. He’s like an idiot savant.

Fuck this arc. It's advertised as the Sinister Six returns yet they're not teaming up at all. It's just Prowler and MILF Bombshell

Last issue Flint called him Kingsley.

Hobgoblin on the cover
No impact on the story or characters
Story would benefit from cutting these three pages out

I FUCKING hate covers like this
Wasted my time.I agree about bombshell milf though

Bendis is just writing Hobgoblin the same way he writes any villain he doesn't care about: a pathetic loser who only cares about "rep".

THAT LOSER CAN'T BE KINGSLEY

Keikaku Goblin isnt like that!!!!

I'm expecting a plot twist and he being a different person

Damn, that woman is hot

Holy shit

it's Dirtguy

Thanks, OP. The cover being a blatant lie is bad enough, but the story being an absolute snoozefest makes it even worse. How are people willing to pay for this?

well a cover art of Miles and Aaron just sitting in a room talking would look kind of lame

I genuinely enjoy that Miles can just say "Your brother's alive" and his dad gets it, and they book it.
I dunno. It's a really different parent/kid superhero dynamic.
Man, this book should be like Blue Beetle III's first run.
Instead it's 70% Bendis pacing.

user, Bendis covers and solicitations, especially for Spider-Man, are almost always lies. Or maybe lies isn't the proper term. It's possible that Bendis just changes his mind very quickly.
Remember that cover where Miles was arrested and the solicit made a big deal out of it? But in the end the story was actually about Miles going to Japan?

We're still drinking Kool-Aid a la Bendis.

Why are you even basing anything off covers? They NEVER elude to anything other than “hey kid, buy this book!”

>Cleveland
My detective senses tell me that this is a secret code. What could it mean?..... Of course! Its the birthplace of Superman! The writer plans to squat in Jerry's Seigel's house!

Reminder that Miles' dad would've been way more interesting Spider-Man than Morales is.

Are we talking about the guy who was Hobgoblin for total of a month, right? The one that bitched out the moment Peter as much as hit him.

doubtful, would be wild for Bendis to kill of a different parent in each universe.

>Reminder that having his dad hand down his SHIELD training through batshit insane drills would've been fine too.

>that flu shot I took months ago ain't worth shit!
No fucking shit it ain't worth shit. The flu shot every year is 100% effective, and this year's flu shot only has a 10-30% chance of effectiveness.

So, is that plot point about Cable wanting to recruit Miles ever be adressed before Bendis leaves?

No we're talking about the guy who's been Hobgoblin since '95. This guy. A guy who knows makes the gear himself or mods it to make it better.

I swear Bendis has only read about Macendale and that's it. Everything about his Hobgoblin screams Macendale since, "MY REP!" Was his thing, not Kingsley's.

Kingsley was a manipulator and never interested in his "rep" unless someone was fleecing his identity and not getting a buck off it.

You'd think reading stories by Roger Stern or even Tom DeFalco would be a must. But of course the only writer it appears Bendis has read when it comes to Hobgoblin is Howard Mackie. HOWARD MACKIE!!! The hell Bendis?!

And this is Macendale. HUGE difference between them.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Macendale was his only frame of reference since it'd be around the time he was reading comics.

IIRC his Secret War used a Hobgoblin that was supposed to be Macendale.

Even when they have a reasonable point about his portrayal, Kingsleyfags insistence that he should always have a never-ending supply of brainwashed dupes to explain away every crap appearance just makes me want to see Miles one-shot him with the Venom-Blast so much more.

Didn't Macendale show up in the beginning of Secret War as Jack O'Lantern?
> one-shot him with a Venom-blast

He's gonna flick a finger to one-shot. Bendis's Hobgoblin is a joke aka like Macendale's. That's the was the entire point of Macendale's.

Kingsley was what Norman did. Convulted plans and dupes are his thing. This shit is shit-tier Bendis writing.

>Kingsleyfags

Yep, it's that guy again

>Bendis's Hobgoblin is a joke aka like Macendale's.

Do they make you guys on an assembly line? I swear, you all say the exact same things, like you're all still NOT MUH HOBGOBLIN mad about a character who hasn't appeared in 20 years.

This issue is boring, I want more fighting and bombshell.

>Do they make you guys on an assembly line? I swear, you all say the exact same things, like you're all still NOT MUH HOBGOBLIN mad about a character who hasn't appeared in 20 years.
> 20 years.

Huh... I could have sworn this comic that featured Kingsley as the Hobgoblin in Spider-Woman was published LAST YEAR.

>guy who repeatedly uses Kingsleyfag/Peterfag/Spockfag and NOT MUH as his arguments accuses fans of being drones that say the exact same thing

What did he mean by this?

No, user, Macendale is the character who hasn't appeared in about 20 years, yet is still living in their minds, rent-free.

I'm not the Peterfag or Spockfag guy, user, haven't even posted in a Trek thread.

Will attempt to stop using NOT MUH, but stand by the complaint about every Kingsley fan being a drone who can't stop themself from making the exact same "Macendale was a joke" rant, even when there's no reason to even bring him up, and insisting every Hobgoblin appearance they don't like be a dupe. It makes it look like it's all just one really vocal guy.

I saw 237 and hobgoblin and assumed this was Stern's run :(

But it isn't. Because we've been built like that. We've read past Hobgoblin comics where "SURPRISE IT'S A DUPE!" How are we supposed to know when it's the actual original or not when there's OOC behavior going on to suggest otherwise?

Fuck, couldn't they just bring back Macendale for that? He seems like the sort Kingsley would hire in a heartbeat so he doesn't have to fly around in tights when he doesn't have to.

Well, aside from the whole "murdering him when he can't defend himself" bit.

Technically, Macendale could be back out there thanks to the clone hijinks via Slott from last year and posing as Kingsley because who would notice?

Or just brought back to life by Secret Wars/Battleworld shenanigans.

Fuck, he SHOULD be alive (at least temporarily) thanks to the whole cloning thing, why would Ben bring everyone else back but him?
And he'd probably want revenge on the person who murdered him.
...for that matter, shouldn't Ned be alive too? And want revenge on Jason, in turn, for his murder?

Maximum Hobgoblins when?

Why does Aaron's t-shirt say "jamdraws" on the logo?

Technically, both Ned and Jason were unaccounted for when the clone degradation occured. A Hobgoblin and Jack O'Lantern was around when Gwen suicide-pumpkin bombed herself. But the goblin glider suggested Lefty and the Jack O'Lantern suggested Berkhart.

So--- we could have FIVE Hobgoblins running around the MCU. Kingsley doing his villain enterprise stuff, Macendale/Ned thanks to the Clone Conspiracy, we finally learned the name of the Secret War Hobgoblin in Venom, and we have Phil Urich too.

There's gonna be a bloodbath of Hobgoblins soon then won't there be?

Not to mention all the people Kingsley franchised the costume out to in Axis: Hobgoblin.

I hate how they take every fucking possible opportunity to remind people HEY THIS IS BLACK SPIDERMAN NOT THAT EVIL CIS WHITE SPIDERMAN

>Damn, look at the roll of bills!

Hiding money in the cookie jar? No one would ever think to look there!

are you an idiot that like to shout off stupid memes like a memelord?

What happened to Kingsley? He was there in Slott’s Spider-Man and had a mini series but then afterwards just disappeared from the face of the 616?

>there are others, but you gotta look

Resurrection is pretty common knowledge in the Marvel universe.

Okay, so last year he showed up in Spider-Woman, basically still running his operation and using Tinkerer tech for his flunkies.

Jessica was pushed to her brink when Carol deus ex machina herself to correct being an ultra bitch to her in Civil War II and took out a Hobgoblin. I say took out because the Hobgoblin at the end started using Phil's tech (flame sword), but was acting fully sexist against Jessica (which is a famous Kingsley trait).

Flashforward a month or two later after that and Bendis has a Hobgoblin show up in Jessica Jones. He tries to kill her, and thinks he does screaming, "YES! I WON! FINALLY A VICTORY!" Acting totally out of character being A.) a lowly mercenary and B.) screaming about rep and winning.

He's beaten off panel by Spider-Man, but it's never found out if it was Kingsley. We get a name drop in Spectacular Spider-Man of him still employing the Tinkerer's stuff for his enterprise so we know that's still out there.

Enter this arc, where again this Hobgoblin is all about getting that victory and regaining his rep. But this time is name-dropped as Kingsley even though he isn't even acting as the character.

The fact that they've called him Kingsley a few times for no real reason makes me suspect it's not going to be Kingsley.

Flu shots are never worth shit. They're not a vaccine, don't think of them as such.

>we finally learned the name of the Secret War Hobgoblin in Venom,

Which issue, please?

>but was acting fully sexist against Jessica (which is a famous Kingsley trait).

I didn't even know they had a past. What was the story with that?
Though I can see Kingsley being sexist,
what with working in such a female dominated and female hating field before he donned a costume.

New shield anything?
Isn't shield dissolving the only "things will NEVER be same" thing that came out of The Steve who sold the world

Venom #155

Basically, the crux of the story is here. Porcupine Hopeless's self-insert. made a deal with Kingsley. Porcupine didn't honor the deal with Kingsley so well...

Does pic related and everyone thinks Porcupine is dead. he isn't. Jessica then goes on a vendetta against Kingsley's enterprise but does very little to really put a kink in it. Instead, she almost gets herself killed when said dead person turns out to be alive.

Then Kingsley and a posse of his villains kidnap Porcupine forcing Jessica to save him. She does and degliders "Kingsley". Weary she's at her limit, but Kingsley's not and declares she's pissed him off. That's when Carol shows up and wastes him.

This all happened in Spider-Woman #13-16. You get the feeling Hopeless had to cut short the battle because the series ended the next issue #17.

The cover is a lie. Miles doesn't meet Hobgoblin (is it still Phil BTW?), noby fights, there's no action to speak of at all.

God, why are Miles' comics so boring they have print them with misleading covers? Here's a recap:
>Aaron tells Miles to stay out of business and Hobby fails to kill Red Hulk.
That's it, it's all that happens for 20 pages. Every single time I try to read a Miles book, it just ends up being some of the most boring shit ever. Who the hell buys this shit? He's been a protag for over 50 issues now, so somebody has to be buying his book...

Phil got "degoblined" aka injected with that cure Peter created in the final Superior Spidey arc and finally caught over in Silk.

And that's it. Jessica doesn't dismantle Kingsley's empire. It was still around, and got TKOed by Carol.

Poor Carol being cucked by Hopeless's self-insert.

>you dont have to tell me what happened
>you just have to eat all the eggs

So who the hell is this Goblin?

It's supposed to be Kingsley, but the next issue the entire plot is dropped because final issue.

>Venom #155

So I just went and read that issue (Venom is on my "to read" list) and I couldn't find that reference anywhere.
Do you happen to have the page on hand to post?

>This all happened in Spider-Woman #13-16.

Guess I'll have to add that to my reading list.

this was still better than this week's amazing

peter cashes in his favor from loki to save a random citizen loki made him endanger, and peter mentions how he felt he made a deal with a supernatural being before with a silhouette of mephisto in the bg. the only good thing was bobbi and peter broke up

It's right at the beginning when "Sasuke" shows up to hype Venom Inc.

Where did they break up? From the start of tbe story it already says they're over.

Venom Inc. Omega #1