According to Cartoon Network Apple & Onion will premiere on February 23rd

According to Cartoon Network Apple & Onion will premiere on February 23rd.

Opening:
youtube.com/watch?v=1A9YzON11nw
Clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=fEeIiuerbO0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw&
m.youtube.com/watch?t=5s&v=VNLXJ1t5uTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unironically better than most other shows airing right now.

How?
The pilot wasn’t even that impressive.

I just don't like everything else at the moment. Dropped Star VS during S2 and OK.KO after the pilot. At least this might be funny sometimes

>At least this might be funny sometimes
Emphasis on sometimes.
Because it has a lot going against it right now.

How JUST is CN?

How JUST are cartoon channels in general.
Nick is just the Sponge and Loud House.
CN has no idea what it’s doing.
And Disney’s stuff is always on hiatus.

Fuck it, I actually like this so far. It's cute.

I mean, I like Ayoade, but I don't think anyone outside of 5 year olds are gonna like this.

Kill yourself, this looks like shit

Worst case scenario, it’ll go the way of Mighty Magiswords and get canned after two seasons.

I thought the pilot was alright, but damn do I dislike those character designs

So... Clarence is an anthro-apple...

And overall it feels like a british pre-k children's show...

>Disney quickly releases Billy Dilley to promote DuckTales and Big Hero 6
>TBS quickly releases Tarantula to promote Final Space and Close Enough
>CN quickly releases Apple & Onion to promote Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island
Why spend so much money and resources to produce a show you won’t even try to shill?

Haha they re awkward and unproductive. This is amazingly witty.

I am willing too put money on this not lasting more than 2 seasons. 1 if I'm being honest.

>Promote Summer Camp Island
Why on God’s Green Earth would anyone try to promote that abomination? Any sane mane would try and bury it as deep as possible.

>dropped ok ko after the pilot

im very skeptic and this looks very bad, but i still can see them gleam of potential in this thing.

It's possible that CN has high hopes for it since majority of the crew behind it is composed of AT alumni. Then again, CN's held a deep, inexplicable hatred towards AT for years now.

>dropping OK K.O.! after the pilot

It's too late, Pickle & Peanut set the bar too high for cartoons with two buddies. Why even bother anymore?

I can't shake off the impression of it being Problem Solverz with toned down graphics.
Or, in other words, like Right Now Kapow! but with a linear plot.

Are people trying to make P&P the new Xavier?

I think they’re contractually obligated to give a show at least two seasons.

It gets way too much hate based on looks, when it's generally the only cartoon that does absurdist humor right these days. Just skip the first episode and you're good.

>A visual medium gets hate for how it looks
Shocker.

I marathoned the entire show while taking care of some very young family members.
When does it get good?

The only good thing to come out of this show is this counterfeit Gadget

Has Magiswords already been officially cancelled?

Pretty much.
It’s confirmed by guy from the animation guild that production has completely ceased after season 2.

Aw, RIP. I didn't care much for it but it felt more distinct than most of CN's lineup.

In this case, distinct doesn’t always mean better.

>when it's generally the only cartoon that does absurdist humor right these days
What is Teen Titans Go

You're just homophobic. We need queer animation. Badly.

Well the animation certainly is “queer” I’ll agree to that much.

this

Not much on an accomplishment

It probably has one of the worst premises I've ever seen in a western cartoon, I just couldn't keep on watching. The video game elements are so incredibly forced too

He didn't miss out on anything

I didn't think they could seriously make the designs any worse, but look at us now!

i kind of like it more

I like everything Richard Ayoade does. I can't not like this. It's too silly and too sweet.

Can't wait, some fresh blood out of cn to actually air is nice.

No they haven't, they even gave the crew off-time to plan the finale when they were cancelled

Not when RS still exists

There's something very unappealing about it, not sure what

It looks like one of those Chinese knock-off shows

>five fingers on cartoony characters
Modern artists are human trash

>It looks like one of those Chinese knock-off shows
Fuck no. Chinese knock-off are good looking.

This show looks like garbage. I'd rather have that one with the space faring black people with their odd white friend

Not a very high bar to clear, which it won't by the way. This show's going to suck.

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=Y81ytPbuOmw&

also, this is about 1 year old

>I'd rather have that one with the space faring black people with their odd white friend

t.Reddit.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but In this case, even a filthy fucking Redditor has better taste than you. This show is looking to be a pile of hot garbage. At least that would have been something adventurous instead more mundane slice of life bullshit.

>Defending hot garbage because reddit
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

Has reddit hate gone too far?

Craig of the creek

No that’s the watered-down Clarence Knockoff written by people more interested in writing about their Midlife-Crisis colored fantasies of childhood than actual childhood.

He looks like Apple wtf

Yes. Hating something because some other group likes it has always been a retarded way of thinking.

WTF, this is going to take precious timeslots away from Teen Titans Go!

Nickelodeon did the same thing with Robot and Monster in 2012.

>queer animation

Now I've got one more reason to hate it.

I honestly think this looks like it has great potential and I enjoy the British vibe. Most of Sup Forums is probably too stupid to digest British humor anyway.

You underestimate the power of the Gods of CN

Shocking opinion I know: the art is awful. Sterile. Inhuman? No one should want to draw like this.

Speaking of British humouuuuur, you know what's funny?

A man dressed up as a woman.

>to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Apple & Onion
Rick and Morty 2.0

No

Also no

The art looks pretty nice actually. The linework is very interesting looking and the backgrounds in the city are nice to look at. It's very simple but effective. Unlike the other CN pilot Summer Camp Island which just well... everything in that just looks like fucking shit.

both Problem Solverz and the Apple and Onion pilot were animated in-house at CN. Who knows if that applies to the full show though: the Magiswords shorts were done in house but the full show is done at Inspidea in Malaysia

I'm surprised they managed to keep Ayoade, I woudl have thought he'd be too busy.

>I'd rather have that one with the space faring black people with their odd white friend
What’s the title of that? ‘Cause I have absolutely no idea what you’re referring to.

>the Magiswords shorts were done in house but the full show is done at Inspidea in Malaysia
And yet the animation was still shit. With Kyle A. Carrozza’s super cartoony art style standing out amongst modern cartoons, it’s a shame that CN was too cheap to fully commit to seeking a studio that could animate the series in a more fitting way: m.youtube.com/watch?t=5s&v=VNLXJ1t5uTc

>People like this
>People compare this SHIT to great series like Pickle and Peanut.

Are you that one user who keeps bringing up p and p?

Pickle and Peanut is also shit, stop pretending otherwise.
Obviously.

>"Kyle A. Carrozza’s super cartoony art style standing out amongst modern cartoons"
>this is what Magiswords fags actually believe

it was good, too bad people mindlessly hated it

>we arso improbed the moser's design

What is their endgame?

What would actual childhood be then?
Because by that logic, every SoL kid show is written with mid life colored fantasies.

Don't have high hopes for this but I'll give it a shot solely because my boy Dean Learner is the voice of Onion.