We will never have comfy Steven Universe S1 threads again

>we will never have comfy Steven Universe S1 threads again

It was all shit anyway.

The show creators don't deserve to be praised whille they push multiple Ronaldo episodes

>The show creators don't deserve to be praised whille they push multiple Ronaldo episodes
Pretty much, the fact that most of the episodes is just boring human drama has made me drop the show

town episodes/"filler" is the best part of the show. Could care less about the anime crystal gem shit

Janitors and people in general hate SU because they know how good and better than others it was

>town episodes/"filler" is the best part of the show.
I want to fucking break your skull in. Fuck you for encouraging such boring terrible crap that has taken over the show

Calm down, waifufag.

SUfags don't deserve happiness.

Didn’t last two episodes deal with Pink Diamond?

>town episodes/"filler" is the best part of the show
Town episodes are literally the worst slice of life on TV, the character development and story on those episodes are simply awful, is incredible how Adventure Time can make far better stories than them using literal background characters over and over again

It was a very happy time.

People like you... I wonder how you live.

Not as such... they just gave us our first visual of her and some of her behavior.

I fantasize about killing the townies multiple times.
Sometimes I fap.

>The end of season 1
>SU gets a rolling sticky for the finale
>The start of season 2
>All SU discussion gets banned, period, for a couple of months
I feel like there was a change of hands that happened between seasons 1 and 2 in regards to the mods/jannies on Sup Forums, that's some hardcore change in policy. Around that time is also when they started banning regular talkback threads for a while.

The mods are shills now

Because SU was attracting tumblr to this site.

You people need to lose your fingies

>Could care less

Nothing remains the same. Anything passes.

If we want to have comfy S1 threads - we should choose cartoons that now airs S1 of it.

The furturer cartoons go - the more complicated, convoluted and far from comfy it becomes.

Pretty well since I'm not the one constantly disappointed in a terrible show that wasn't even very good from the start.

Season 1B was the best.

Only in last 3 minutes in dream sequnce.

At least they’re away from town.

[Spoiler] what is a comfy thread [/spoiler]

Damn

I used to love this show, now I kind of actively hate it because of how mismanaged the pacing and shit has been. The CG are fucking background characters in their own show now.

>The CG are fucking background characters in their own show now.
People were complaining that Pearl and Amethyst had too many of their own episodes. Now that the episodes are shifting focus on characters that need it (Lapis, Peridot), they’re suddenly background characters?
You can’t even call this their own show; the whole point is watching Steven on his journey.

Literally the first words to start every episode are "We are the crystal gems"
The crystal gems have barely been in the show for the last 10-20 episodes.
And yeah, it was bad when they were focusing on just one gem too much but that was because A) they weren't growing as characters and were just rehashing the same problem over and over and B) we wanted more world building stuff/team episodes which the show still refuses to do

>the whole point is watching Steven on his journey.
And that fact is the albatross around the show's neck that is slowly killing it. There is so much interesting stuff in their world we will never see because it has to be from Steven's fucking POV and he's, by his own admission, too dumb to ask questions

>The crystal gems have barely been in the show for the last 10-20 episodes.
The latest episode they were in was Gemcation, which was what, 5 episodes ago?

>Literally the first words to start every episode are "We are the crystal gems"
And the show itself is called Steven Universe. In hindsight, it’s probably a good idea they didn’t go with any of the original names.

Link me a season one thread senpai

And that episode was again, focused almost entirely around Steven anyway

I don’t think you understood the preposition.

I still stand to say that Ocean Gem/Mirror Gem was and still is the peak of the series and everything else has been pretty lame in comparison.

Anything after Ocean Gem is undeniably garbage
Shit opinion

It all went to shit as when they decided the two big arch problems (malachite and cluster) needed to be solved in one episode each so we could have more townie bullshit.

See

It's not just that Steven doesn't ask questions. It's just everything else gets in the way of anything ever being explained, namely 'feeling and emotional baggage bs' whether it be the gems being whiney emos or Steven being more worried about Connie or some irrelevant human thing while an alien empire is at their doorstep.

Lore stuff in most series can actually be explained without the characters asking questions but SU and the writers just don't want to remotely focus on it even if the lore is what draws most people to the show.

I miss S1 too
Space Race, Straight to Video, Warp Tour, The Test, On the Run, Marbel Madness, Rose's Scabbard, The Return, Jail Break, etc
Are some of the best episodes in the show

Nailed it. I still watch and enjoy the series, but there's a very noticeable difference in quality between everything before and after that moment. Mostly in the way the episodes are paced from that point onwards, strangely enough.

I don't really blame them. They probably feel like they need to wrap shit up really quick in single episodes because CN will never run a significant block of SU in a way that could cover multi-episode story arc.

TV is dying, CN is trying to adapt by changing up their programming to favor shows that don't rely on continuity. I honestly was hoping they'd just cancel SU and continue it on netflix or something.

correct opinion.

1B > 1A > 2 >> 3 >>> 4

Unlike all the other shows?

Rose is pretty!
Big soft pretty mommy!
I love Rose!

>They probably feel like they need to wrap shit up really quick in single episodes because CN will never run a significant block of SU in a way that could cover multi-episode story arc.
Its almost like SU isnt a marketable show for children.

I don't really agree that it isn't marketable to children. I think the problem is that the market for TV just isn't the same anymore. Used to be that series were precisely what hooked kids into watching the saturday block. Now that you can binge watch your favorite series on streaming services, trying to keep up with a series on TV scheduling just isn't practical anymore.

TV isn't marketable anymore, but the major networks are trying to squeeze the last bit of life out of it while they still can.

I just finished S2 and I am dreading the supposed drop in quality. It has all been such a fun ride so far.

Drop at the end of season 2 / very beginning of season 3.

>will never look forward to gemposting when new episodes air and leak
>will never look forward into getting screencapped for /sug/simulator

This But season 4 is where it really went to shit.

Season 4 is when it went off the cliff into unwatchable, season 3 is when it started going downhill

I'd argue that season 2 was when it started going downhill, but season 3 was when it became more noticeable. At the time, I thought it was just a lull, but then season 4 happened. Season 5 has been just as bad so far, if not worse. That Connie arc was fucking awful.

Agreed

>When they sacrifice long term character development and investment for memes
It's like that flanderization image except it went from 1 to 4 in a single minute.

agreed

Daily reminder that Steven farted in "Say Uncle".

>Could care

And the "development" hardly ever sticks. Wouldn't be surprised if the next time we see Sadie she's working at the Big Donut again.

I'm going to guess the shit that happened with the horse show scared a lot of mods. Now if any show that uses a bunch of pinks get big they think it'll turn into another horse fucker spam. I remember back when Avatar was airing, every thread was Avatar related and no one complained, this was before generals were a thing too. If a something is popular and fits on the board let people discuss it.

Is the name of the show "The Crystal Gems"? No, it's "Steven Universe."

>we will never see Connie's bare feet again

Season 1 is one of my favorite seasons of cartoons, period. The rest of the show seems to be trying it's damnedest to take that away from me.

When did you all first feel something was off? For me it was "Love Letters." Once "Sworn to the Sword" hit, I realized that it was going to go into a downward spiral.

Sworn to the Sword is pretty good, though. Is there a particular reason why you dislike it?

For me, the entirety of Season 4 left a weird taste in my mouth. It has some of the best episodes in the show while simultaneously having some of the worst ones.

Sworn to the Sword was weird, because it's widely regarded as a great episode, but it left me feeling nothing but a little tug of worry for the show.

It was the first episode to really start to "caricaturize" the characters. The writers were becoming a little more aware of their greatest hits, at which point they started to try to recapture some of them without really putting in the effort. Biggest example is the "Why won't you let me do this for you Rose" bit from Pearl. The moment didn't really feel earned to me. Like the writers wanted to ellicit the same feelings as Rose's Scabbard, but weren't really willing to build it up or write it as well. The moment fell flat, because I'd seen it done several episodes prior, and better.

It also kicked off Connie becoming more involved with the wrong side of Gem stuff. It was really jarring for her to go from booksmart and quiet to a sorta brash swordswoman within a single episode. It's like the writers tried to drop the smarts they'd built up with her so they could go for the most boring kind of "badass." Strategy and support seemed more like something she'd be adept at providing that the Gems lacked up until that point. I don't even necessarily mind her becoming great with a sword, it's just that the way and speed with which it was done was concerning from a writing perspective. It made it feel like the writers weren't as coordinated as they had been or planning things out as much.

>Once "Sworn to the Sword" hit, I realized that it was going to go into a downward spiral.
I thought Sworn to the Sword was great, probably my fave of s2. That, or We Need to Talk. Honestly, while s2 wasn't as good as s1, I thought it was still decent on the whole. For me, I didn't feel the show had gone off until Barn Mates. That's the turning point when things really started to get shitty.

>When did you all first feel something was off?
It was "Full Disclosure" for me. I realized I was enduring Steven's solo song rather than enjoying it, and started to notice his character changing for the worse.

I found myself bored with BarnMates, StevenFloats and GemHunt but I still loved the show, it wasn't til S4 premiere that I felt something was completely off. It's not the same SU I fell in love with in S1.

Rebecca we know

Every single one of those is trash.

I was fine up until Super Watermelon Island-Gem Drill. Season 2 had its ups and downs, but I still very much enjoyed most of its episodes and the ending. But then what were built up to be two major threats in the series were just kinda solved nonchalantly at the beginning of the 3rd season. The comedic episodes from S1 were all just about gone, especially once Raven really started to phone it in. Monster of the Week stories were also dead and gone, so episodes that didn't further the plot just became pretty much pointless.

I'm surprised I used to look forward to the less plot-focused episodes back in Season 1. Now I'm just in it for the main story and to see what might happen to the characters I still care about.

good. now find a new show

My nigger. S1 was great because it was full of shady shit and dark implications and every single revelation seemed to confirmed it. Going from a magical girl(male) show with wacky antics to an intergalactic war with themes like genocide, forced slavery, imprisonment and coping with the effects of a magical nuke was yuge and very well handled through slow and controlled release. This is why I dont get the whining about the townies. SU is a slow and comfy show, not an action anime. The problem is with the absolutely retarded scheduling, not breather episodes. Plus many of the new plot points and themes were introduced and developed through townie episodes anyway.

Later seasons just sort of fumbled this sense of mystery and exploration. Things are happening too quickly(in show, not schedule) and many things that should have warranted way more screentime and attention like dealing with the cluster, first time leaving Earth, Lapis and Peridont getting proper development instead of fucking meme barn or Homeworld itself.

I'm along for the ride because despite all its flaws SU is still something special but it could have been way much more. Imagine what could we gotten if we had 30-minute netflix episodes instead of rushed 12 minute shits.