Childhood is idolizing Superman

Childhood is idolizing Superman
Adulthood is unironically realizing Lex Luthor is completely in the right

Seriously though memes aside if Superman were to suddenly appear in the real world you would all be absolutely terrified of such a person flying around with super-strength and laser vision. Lex's fear of Superman and desire to take him down is entirely understandable. The only reason we know for sure that Superman is and will always be good is because he's a fictional protagonist, but in real life we could never have that certainty, can you really say that you would be willing to trust some guy with those powers if he suddenly appeared in front of you? However good he might sincerely be, I'd be on the side of taking him down just in case.

So what you're saying is that you know absolutely nothing about Luthor and his motivations. Seriously, this is the most normalfag thing I have ever seen.

>being this much of a normal fag

Imagine being so euphoric you look at Superman and think "dis dude is bad news"

Just because you posted a cartoon pic doesn't mean you still aren't a Sup Forums invader. Go back, casual.

>lel villains are way more cooler thread
whatever you say edgelord

>Lex Luthor is completely in the right

Maybe the current Lex. Certainly none of the previous ones.

>muh BASED Luthor is right
Nah user, that's edgy adolescence. Adulthood is realizing that Stark was, is, and always will be right.

He stole 40 cakes.

So what did this have to do with his fear of Superman?

he's not really meant to be seen as alien, being fucking identical/compatible with a human, stories do fall apart when you miss that given he literally can just fuck off to a million other places if he wants

How about this? What does curing then immediately re-crippling his own sister have to do with his fear of Superman?

Why would he? This is his home.

Why wont superman just fly around the Earth till he travels back in time and then go tell the other superman in the past that Lex is about to re-cripple his sister?

>unironically realizing

>was, is, and always will be

Manlets never have been right,
never will be right,
and never were right.

>Manlets
He's 6'1" though. Taller than Black Panther and Spider-Man.

To save millions.

you are an atheist, right?

>12 midnight
>Lex kills his city's superheroes
>Adrian kills his civilians

Irl, if I don't get to be Superman, and I have resources similar to Lex's, I'm taking down Superman. No one gets to fly above me, if anyone is going to be flaunting abilities beyond others it'll be me or no one else. Fuck some other dude having that sort of power, meddling in the natural order. I simply cannot endure having some guy around who can fly and live in space and make things vaporize with a hard look, it's just not something I'm willing to simply accept if I have resources like Lex.

Oh dear.

And what is your status in actual reality?

He would if they didn't make a cackling asshat with an inferiority complex every time there's a risk he might look right. Seriously while some level of caution is warranted (at least originally) with someone like Superman, that's not what Lex is about, he's just a petty envious man.
It's kind of the same thing as mutant hate over at Marvel, you can present rational arguments for it, but it's supposed to be irrational so the X-Men look good, so you make mutant haters into people who lynch teenagers.

user is gonna nuke the planet because someone has a nicer car than he does.

It's not just about capabilities. It's that Superman is something no one could ever be, he's the one guy. Kids can feasibly dream of being a billionaire or a super star athlete, but a real Superman would simply be a superior, unachievable state of being among us, and fuck having that around.

The casual fag thinks that just because the actor is a manlet, then the character is too. The same casuals also think Wolverine is not a midget because of Hugh Jackman.

Or he's a wandering /fit/izen where sub 7" and sub 6'3" are dicklet and manlet territories, respectively.