What the fuck has happened to the Democratic party in the last 20 years...

What the fuck has happened to the Democratic party in the last 20 years? How did they successfully alienate all of the south and rural america? Did white blue collar men actually vote for liberal policies once upon a time?

what happened to the clinton brand?

Just look at the differences between the maps in states like Louisiana, Tennessee, and West Virginia

>What the fuck has happened to the Democratic party in the last 20 years?

They're centrist corporatists who don't offer anything except making white people feel bad about themselves.

Bernie would have won.

>Bernie would have won
Stop with this meme already

how did Bill carry so many rural southern counties but his wife got analed by over 50 points in these areas?

Bill was a southern Democrat from Arkansas. Since JFK was assassinated the only dems to win the presidency other than Obama were southerners

The democratic party only appeals to city people and minorities now. They have become anti-free market which hurts people in rural areas.

isn't hillary technically a southern democrat from arkansas too?

1996 democratic party:
>centrist economically, center-right socially

2016 democratic party:
>center to center left economically, far left socially

She never held political office there, she was his wife and I'm pretty sure she was born in either new York or California. She was senator of New York and it was pretty obvious she dislikes middle America. Bill had enough natural chill charisma and roots to carry the south.

>center to center left economically
>Amerifat education

First sentence is true the other is false.

Can you describe the republican party in the same way?
Still amazes me there has been such a shift in the way rural whites vote in such a short period of time, but yeah makes sense, just the fact that he was southern and white ensures more votes than hillary or obama in the south

I do believe that Bernie would have won. The democratic states "betrayed" clinton. Because of obvious reasons
amerifats won't have free healthcare in this century :DDDD

>implying non college educated rural voters want to pay for everyone elses college

She's from Chicago.

>implying they would've turned out in the same numbers and hyper-enthuzed urbanites wouldn't have just pushed his commie ass into power

Degeneracy and West and NE arrogance.

Every minor setback they had caused them to double-down on the reasons that caused the setback, further splintering and alienating their demographics.

The only reason they're still winning elections even on a city-level is due to the dependent populations they have been working steadfastly to increase.

1) Center
2) Center - left

(Left)------(2)------(center)-------------(right)

Kerry, Gore, and now Hillary all fall within a camp of intellectuals that are just not capable of appealing to common people.

They aren't capable of making a message that resonates with the average American, which can barely comprehend political talk at a 7th grade level.

Trump will probably continue many Obama policies, and fail to deliver on several of his own promises. The ship that is America takes more than 4 years of any party control to change direction. It will be interesting, because this election may have turned out the way it did because Clinton was the weakest we've seen in a long time.

It would be quite kek worthy to see Trump immediately implement a higher minimum wage, or a slew of other things he could potentially do to steal the democrats thunder. If Trump wants to be the most presidential, ever, he would make great compromises to ensure his core policies are implemented.

The whole world is waiting to see what this person will do. Honestly, he may be unlike anything he campaigned as, just as Obama was.

>center to center left economically,

*far right economically

do you really think more taxes=gommunism?

I'm not an expert but if you look at southern white voting patterns it's either Republicans or a southern Democrat and I think that's just because they mistrust liberal Yanks alot even if they agree with certain policies.

Same idea then, Chicago is a dem stronghold

Yes, fuck off gommie.

funny how a literal yankee just solidified the white southern vote in a way we havn't seen since reagan

I have no problem with compromises as long as they don't involve the Bill of Rights. Like how Trump wants to keep the good parts of obamacare, I dont see it as going back on campaign promises but him making a deal with the american people to unify our country, I hope he does this alot more, every successful president has.