Moonstruck

So... How long until cancellation?

Other urls found in this thread:

capelesscrusader.org/moonstruck-creators-respond-controversy-around-chaykins-divided-states-hysteria/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wrote a letter and got published in this

proof?

Was it about this soft marshmallow style

As soft and bland as you can get.

Are their skintones lighter? The art can get so inconsistent.

She's white as fuck in the cover of the 4th issue.
The artist really sucks.

Still mad that the fox turned out to be a guy in a furry costume.

why is it always coffee shops, those are awful places for sensitive introverts to work

I never quite understood it but tumblrites seem drawn to coffee shops like flies to shit, you go to any coffee shop that isn't the cheapest basic bitch chain designed so folk can just grab a cup before their shift and the place it going to look like everyone there came from a convention for blind barbers.

>Image
Never.

Weren't the creators of this shit the same people that wanted to force Howard Chaykin to attend a trans-positive reeducation program because of the sex scenes in pic related?
If so, it makes the last issue's ending even more hilarious and scary at the same time.

I think it was because of the violence against the trans woman.

What was last issue's ending like?

I keep hearing this but have never seen any screencaps or anything

I feel like the portrayal of the fat girl is especially inconsistent. This is the cover of the very next issue.

The villain, that was a regular guy masquerading himself as a human-fox hybrid creature, was trying to take away our main characters' magic abilities. He got defeated and sent away to the magic gulag.
>capelesscrusader.org/moonstruck-creators-respond-controversy-around-chaykins-divided-states-hysteria/
>The “Moonstruck” team does more than speak their mind, however. They are also offering, to any Image staff or creators, the opportunity to attend a “Trans 101” seminar that the “Moonstruck” team will pay for themselves. They claim the idea is supported by Image publisher Eric Stephenson and they also assert that Stephenson is seeking out more avenues for cultural competency training for the Image staff. If this offer is followed up on, and if Image takes the “Moonstruck” team’s further suggestion to actively try to bring more trans voices and people of color into the Image Comics fold, then maybe “The Divided States of Hysteria” will accomplish something positive after all.

They're also a place where a lot of college students get hired regardless of being extroverted or introverted or whatever skill set you have. It's more 'dignified' than a grocery bagger or restaurant cashier/busboy/waiter and it's also where middle class white people go to drink and read books.

It's honestly a variety of factors.

Apparently it's selling rather decently so probably not in the immediate future as much as we all hate it. More important questions are;

A) Why isn't it meme'd as much/isn't seen as a replacement for America? Is it because the art isn't as bad?

B) Why does shit like this and Rat Queens and Saga sell decently while other comics that deserve it more get no attention?

which one is trans

How can they take something as cool as a minotaur and make it so ugly and girly? Why do these people like these ugly art styles.

>lol nice
this isn't fucking twitter

The bottom panel unironically looks good here.

The minotaur isn't a girl.

Scratch that, I read that as "ugly girl" instead of "ugly and girly".

Didn't know there was an "Obligatory Breakfast Club Reference" variant cover every third party publisher was doing last year. Even Power Rangers was getting in on it.

>that tumblr nose
I am generally not a guy that complains about it, but WHY!?

For that matter, why did these sell well but when Marvel did it, they failed?

Somehow, Howard Chaykin will have to settle for having a 40+ year comics career with multiple successful comics.

Again, this is a guy who did American Flagg and Satellite Sam (Another image book from a few years ago), and other works filled with social/political commentary, sex and violence. Why is Image sudden surprised now?

The art for the Power Rangers comics variant covers are kinda all over the place, but that's kind of a thing with Boom Studios in general.

Then thats even worse. Also, i hate she made the qt thicc girl into a fucking dyke who refuses men. We have enough of that shit in other comics

Maybe it's because less Marvel comic readers are interested in sjw-pandering stuff, while less sjws are interested in Marvel comics and direct more of their attention to comics like this one. It kind of helps that Image Comics has more variety than just superheroes too.

It's really a shame, foxbro was a genuinely fun character until that point

>Apparently it's selling rather decently
Who the hell would not only subject themselves to this cancer but enjoy it at the same time? This utterly confounds me.

>Impoverished minorities
>Upper middle class coffee millennials
Hipsters are the worst

It's not selling that well, it plummeted out of the top 300 after 3 issues.

If I had to guess, young teens. The style is "cute" enough it could catch a 13 year old girl's eye.

He had the best design out of all them to boot. Sleek and sinister with a air of cunning about it.

Then there's everyone else.

Sex scene?
The controversy was the lynched Muslim man for the cover of the second issue.

Why tumblr retards love The Breakfast Club so much? I though they were against stereotypes.

tbqh I'd be surprised if a large majority of the people who make these references even saw the movie

>Never.
Explain.

Because their simple minds can't fathom complexity in characters so they resort to the stereotypes they like.

>Therapy.
>Lots and lots of therapy.
This wasn't a fucking war, you sensitive retard.

The blonde blob.

If it was "Trans ams 101" it would be vastly more interesting and garner significantly more support.

The movie is literally about how people are not stereotypes and are a mix of many facets. Come on man. It's not a complex film.

Just show me the pr0n of that brown fat chick already

>A) Why isn't it meme'd as much/isn't seen as a replacement for America? Is it because the art isn't as bad?
I'm on the same boat.
Granted, not as bad as America, but this is the type of comic Sup Forums tends to make fun of.

There's none.
Just a single drawing in the Sup Forumsllection and nothing else.
I've been looking for nudes of the minotaur dude, but nothing so far.

It's getting a second arc, so it's either doing well enough in digital or trades. Granted the benchmark for being profitable is significantly lower for a non-Marvel/DC book.

soon i hope. looks shitty

Thought they were talking "therapy" in sexy werewolf-y variety.

I don't know, maybe it's the fact that they basically had to wrap up three or for plots before this wrapped up that makes everything feel consequence free.

The lead coming to terms with her werewolf-ness. Chet having to deal with being a Boring Human, and of course Fox Wizard. Grace could have done a lot, but wanted to jet right into College Misadventures, the sequel to Coffee Shop Misadventures.

also they couldn't even keep the design consistent
in he is red with white and pink
but in he's brown all over

Well let's be honest, none of these people seem particularly functional. They react to their few problems by screaming and crying a lot.