Why is Aquaman irrelevant?

Why is Aquaman irrelevant?

One of only a few golden age Heros to still be around.

Wait nevermind I read that as relevant.

Superfriends show that made him seem like a dork to an entire generation

Also he has a dumb name. They should've just called him "The Atlantean" or something.

that's retarded
Aquaman is no worse than any of the big three's names

Because his comics suck

hook hand aquaman
outrageous aquaman

still not enough to erase superfriends aquaman from existence.

superfriends is arthur's pym slap moment.

But he isn't water, he isn't like water, he doesn't dress like water, he doesn't even really use aquakinesis most of the time, he's not Water Guy, he's Guy from the Water.

Honestly the better question is why was he ever relevant to begin with. Only good thing about him is his autistic arch-nemesis.

Reminder that Aquaman sells better than Inhumans, Hawkeye, Namor, Gwenpool, Dr. Doom, Thanos, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Falcon, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Jean Grey, etc.

If he is irrelevant, so are those.

I mean kind of.

Because he's not Batman.

Why people keep pretending he's a good character?

>Why people keep pretending he's a good character?

He’s usually stuck in the water as a hometown.
It’s hard to find a reason for a king of an underwater society to come fight bad guys in a city he doesn’t live in

And of course, it would be utterly preposterous for him to just stay in his own country and fight crime there. Surely any reader who saw that the boom doesn't take place in New York would immediately set it on fire and kill themselves.

I think Family Guy kinda ruined him forever. Maybe even Spongebob to an extent.

Pf, who cares about water?

I’m fine with that. I just mentioned they always drag him out of his kingdom...
Like a fish out of water.

>Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Robin, Green Arrow, Red Arrow/Speedy, Aquaboy, Namor, Human Torch, Jay Garrrick, Hawkman...

/thread

It's. Not fair to Compare Marvel sales to dc sales

This but unironically. Honestly, stories with underwater/Atlantis as a setting just aren't that popular.

He's not irrelevant. He's a core member of the Justice League, rules one of the more powerful countries on the planet, and has had a consistently good ongoing book since the early 2000's. The guy's had a great run for a really long time now.

this, there are no good aquaman stories

Aquachad is the thinking man's hero.

It doesn't help that McFarlane and Green latched on to him as someone to mock.
What is it with guys called Seth?

Remember when instead of a hook hand, he had a hand literally made out of water?

Imagine being this retarded.

filmation's shitty cartoon version
Seth MacFarlene
DC tried too hard to make him cool

>he doesn't dress like water
it was gay, but it still happened

Reminder that roughly 13 years ago DC's approach to making Aquaman cool again was to destroy Atlantis and mutate him into a Davy Jones looking motherfucker while a younger version of himself ran around.

And then he fucking died.

Someone hasn't been reading. There's the one where he teams up with Etrigan to fight elder gods, the beginning of new 52 was one of my favorites, as well as the rebirth arc when he faces down the frozen first king of atlantis.

He doesn't have a Killing Joke or the Dark Knight, but really, only Batman does. There could be a great Black Manta story there, if someone wrote it.

Okay now name the ones people don't remember

You'd need to get someone who really has something to say about the core of what Aquaman IS, which is someone who has dire responsibilities in two worlds, but doesn't really belong to either and isn't accepted by either. Things like Killing Joke or All-Star Superman have stuff to really say about the character, whereas the average Aquaman story so far have just been really solid adventure stories.

When did Seth Green mock him?
But yeah family guy seems to have a lot of influence. Most people still believe Walt Disney had a problem with Jews.

There's nothing wrong with really solid adventure stories. Aquaman works in the same way that like a Robert E Howard character works, just also he's a superhero and appears in Justice League books.

And it was called Sword of Atlantis, written by Kurt Busiek who wrote one of the best runs on Conan of all time.

Really that's an interesting concept that just got bogged down with being beholden to previous continuity.

Hey I'm not complaining. His book's been above-average for like 15 years straight. Not a lot of cape characters can say that.

I was wondering how he didnt get shafted from JL7 permanently.