Batman DCAU

Why do we only get Bruce Timm or nu52? Can't we get something that actually looks good?

>(cont'd)
Also
>Conroy = Greenwood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> O'Mara

Are you ignoring the Adam West/Brave and the Bold movies we're also getting? Or the Lego ones? Even though they skew young, they're far more entertaining than the "adult" ones.

I wonder if DC will ever crawl back to the DCAU. A few of the voice actors have died but most of them are still alive, and Bruce Timm is such a whore I bet he'd be down to make more stuff.

They already did that new OVA where Harley almost shits her pants.

There's been a small, but persistent campaign on Twitter to do a Justice League reunion movie. All of the voice actors have campaigned for it.

considering the animated DC movies seems to be their best by far, I'm glad to hear that even the VAs want more

Hahaha, yes, what a terrible thing it would be for Harley to shart herself, yes, truly awful

Yes

That's the one that looked like it was animated in flash and had the DC Villain "Maid Cafe" with Granny Goodness & Jim Balent-Era Catwoman, right?

For real.

>Timm gets to revisit the DCAU
>unfunny and forced raunchy humor
>stunt casting, for some reason
>basically a rehash from a previous B:TAS episode

>Tucker revisits Brave and the Bold
>thoughtful, character-driven humor true to the show
>tries to get back as much of the original voice cast as possible, even Jeffrey Combs reprises his role from JLU instead
>an original story that uses the show's continuity and even expands on it

Timm needs Dini. They could have made BaHQ great.

you're an idiot if you that the DCAU doesn't look good

Seconded.

wait, hold up. There's a Brave and the Bold movie?

Yeah, as yet another Scooby-Doo crossover. That damn dog can't stay in his own show anymore.

>as yet another Scooby-Doo crossover.

Man, I didn't even like Scooby Doo in his own universe. Eh, it still might be fun to watch with the nephs though.

It's basically an extended episode of BatB with Scooby and gang as guest stars.

Im gonna be honest. I didn't much like that episode. Yes Weird Al is great, but you can't just go OMG WEIRD AL! SCOOBY! BATMAN! LOL HOW NERD AWESOME IS THIS! Which was an actual joke. There's such a thing as being too self aware. BATB typically knew what it was but it was rarely over the line to where it became self parody.

The other Batmite episodes where a lot better, because it was less about LOL NERDS and more about having fun with the character and his history. The ending was especially heartfelt and not trying to be a parody

It hasn't aged well in my opinion. Also, just about everything after B:TAS was pretty much downgraded art-wise.

>Timm
>not looking good

Pick one

Why mention this if the movie is not like that at all? One was a homage to those Scooby-Doo specials that guest starred a lot of celebrities, including Batman. The movie, again, is basically a larger episode of the series, but with Mystery Inc. being treated no differently than any other hero teaming up with Batman.

>Why mention this if the movie is not like that at all?

Because the episode was brought up and Im sharing my thoughts regarding it. And also because it is like that. You really want to sit there and tell combing anything with Scooby Doo this days isn't done with self aware irony? Even Scooby Doo has been a parody of itself for hte past few incarnations

It doesn't look like the episode was brought up at all. It looked like they were talking about the movie.

The actual animation in B:TAS was very hit-or-miss.

>Bruce Timm comes back to the DCAU
>Doesn't make use of his god tier animation friendly style to make something on par with Mask of Phantasm.

>Remembering it for these reasons when Harley Fucked Nightwing in it
Did you actually watch it?

I liked how he backpedaled cos he was too young to know that Batman crossed over with Scooby before my goddamn Dad was alive
Cartoon Network, please rerun your old shit again

>Why do we only get Bruce Timm or nu52? Can't we get something that actually looks good?
No, because then we'd be appealing to not only the fans but the general public as well through the use of the character's most iconic and recognizable designs that everyone knows and is attracted to because of how familiar they are with it.

And heaven forbid if we made them look like everyone thinks they look to make more money...

>The movie was stated by Timm to not be in the DCAU, only just using its art style.
>Timm on his own just isn't that good without Paul Dini to coubterbalance him.