Why are the Punisher's enemies all so cartoonishly evil...

Why are the Punisher's enemies all so cartoonishly evil? Not once do you think that he's in the wrong as much as wishing he puts these freaks down.

So Ennis can say he's "not a hero" while ensuring that the audience always considers his character morally correct

Ahem.

Also, that one yacht he bombed from the not-Enron arc.

> Not once do you think that he's in the wrong

The Punisher is not a comic about moral philosophizing, it's about cheap visceral satisfaction. Ever seen a revenge movie? That's the whole appeal

>wanting 'cuda put down
Motherfucker he's awesome I hope Barracuda gets more miniseries about his exploits.

The Punisher's street level villains are all cartoonishly evil because if they were realistically portrayed criminals then the reader might begin to question the nature of crime and punishment, which would lead them to question the criminal justice system, which would lead them to question the social and economic systems that create crime in the first place, which would lead them to question neoliberal globalist capitalism itself. And we definitely can't have that.

Because Punisher comics are for stupid people.

rude

What would be an example of a criminal that the reader can sympathize with but Frank would want to kill?

idk man I still see people harp on about that story where he murdered the parents who were molesting their kids

Literally any character from The Wire

Walter White?

> Walter White

bait

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the show.

That could depend on what point in time Frank caught Walter. S1 Walt wouldn't be killed but Frank would scare him into giving up dealing drugs by threatening to kill him if he sees him involved again.

Quality post.

That yacht was full of richfags who we can assume were in on the plan to purposely cause power outages that could kill people just to raise their stock.

They were all also present and supportive of the main rich douche who arrogantly tells Castle to leave them alone and go "Kill some niggers" instead.

And waiters, security, crew members and probably shit-ton of other people just doing their job

If you think the Slavers are cartoonish, you have a strange idea of what cartoons are like

>if they were realistically portrayed

"poor ghetto guy who steals bread to feed his sick mother" is not realistic. Realistic would be "meth dealing redneck who has been arrested more than once but continues to do what he has been doing because he apparently refuses to learn".

Child services exists for that purpose. Also since he killed the parents those kids are going to be taken in by child services anyway.

I hope the remake is good. Its directed by eli roth so im hyped

As much as I love the Punisher, there's one aspect of his war on crime that I've never seen elaborated on.
His primary issue with the criminal justice system is that it isn't fit for purpose, it doesn't keep the people safe from dangerous offenders and that it acts as little more than a revolving door for career criminals. Also there's the element of defense attorney's keeping bad people on the streets.
But everybody needs a legal defense. Everybody, even the bad guys. Now I may not like it, you may not like it and the Punisher definitely doesn't like it but it is necessary because everybody is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Because without that safeguard in place, we're left with tyranny. Police could lock up whosoever they wanted, Government could order summary arrest and internment of anyone they see fit.
That's something I'd like to see explored more.

And what comics do you read, oh all knowing genius?

Yeah man, we should like totally stop punishing people who break the law, you're right! How did I not see this until now!!!

Yeah. I'd like a story where a low level noob metahuman either fucks up their initial power manifestation or is blamed for something they didn't commit. They book it and Punisher hears about it and goes after them. Do it from the perspective of the hunted which would be terrifying. End it with Ounisher taking them out ... And finding out they were innocent or didn't intend to do any of it.

Hes just pissed someone killed his family and plans on killing that someone until theres nothing to shoot at.

It's almost like you forgot he's a Spider-Man villain

>but it is necessary because everybody is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Because without that safeguard in place, we're left with tyranny.

Pretty sure Frank knows that, he just doesn't care. If he wasn't in a world with capes or was a cape himself with some crazy power, I'm pretty sure he'd turn into what amounts to a tyrant and be fine with it, he just doesn't have the means

Hell, if he had a magic kill button that instantly murder the millions of criminals on the planet he would use it, most people would say that's pretty monsterous but that's Frank

So are you saying the legal system is always right? That every law is just?

Hmm. Tell me. Are Americans inherently more criminal then any other population on earth. Because they have the highest per capita rate of imprisionment of their population. One fueled in large part by a drug war targeted against the poor and minorities. When Nixon started it, the crack used by Blacks was given far harsher prison time then the type used by whites. Oh and whites and blacks use weed at the same rate, but black people are more likely to be sentenced to jail for it.

All for them to go to for over crowded prisons, used as slave labor and every dime squeezed out to make businessman rich. For profit prisons, what a great idea.

Oh but what about cops. What a system where you can elect some of your cops. Like Arpaio, whose 'management' has led to the maiming of death of multiple people WHO HADN'T GONE TO TRIAL YET! And gets pardoned by the president for it. And other police can get away with murdering unarmed people. It was found out recently, that the police in Baltimore carried around toy guns to plant on people if they shot them as a excuse. What a great system.

Still better than no system, or a system where one asshole gets to decide who lives and who dies.

A benevolent dictatorship can be more beneficial to a nation than 1,000 democracies of ignorants

I didn't say the Punisher is better. And the choice isn't America or nothing. There are dozens of countries with better criminal justice systems.

Punisher should always be written as a villain protagonist.

I didn't say the Punisher is better. And the choice isn't America or nothing. There are dozens of countries with better criminal justice systems.

Punisher should always be written as a villain protagonist.

There are no good dictators. And most complaints people have about democracy are the issue of the flawed system, not the people. The people choose Clinton and Democrats. Republicans only popular presidential win was after 9/11 in 2004.

>And most complaints people have about democracy are the issue of the flawed system, not the people
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with a voter

Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.

Not like it's all that unrealistic. Just look at Russians during 90s or cartels.

I know the perfect system. Unfortunately it'd never be implemented cause as soon as anyone who stood to lose from it found out about it, it'd be immediately put into the ground. Like most things, really.