Bookshelves/recent purchases

Haven't seen a good shelf thread in a while. Here is mine. No new purchases to show off though. But I did sell a few. I got rid of my Ultimate Invincible collection. Ottley said on twitter that they are releasing big three volume omnibus collections soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/Marquis-Inferno-Guy-Davis-Dark-Horse-Comics-TPB/323059671280?hash=item4b37db60f0:g:FigAAOSw3wVaU~mD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

I've also got some absolutes/libraries on a different shelf. Ordered Absolute Wonder Woman vol 2 this week, that's about it. I'm selling that Elektra omnibus on the floor if anyone's interested.

I've always admired how clean and nice your shelves were. I've been thinking about sorting by publisher to get more of the same formats of books together.

Have you had good luck with ordering absolutes online? I want those nice slip cover version but I'm worried about damage during shipping.

nice shelves. i dont even have the space to fit anymore than i already have, which makes it easy to keep up on reading them i guess.

If you get them from IST they're shipped in bomb proof packaging. Amazon is hit or miss, same with ebay.

The only Absolute I have I got from HamiltonBook, and the only way I can describe their packaging is Cardboard Candy Wrapper. It's wrapped around your books that are stacked together and stapled shut at each end.
It seems pathetic next to IST's Doomsday level packing, but I've never had an issue.

The shelving unit is eight feet long and eight feet tall. With metal shelves. They came from the book store I worked out before they liquidated. They can support everything.

I've made some risque purchases recently. I also purchased Giant Days 1,2,3,6 and Boneyard 4.

What I've bought the last month or so.
I'll post my shelf later, after a walk with the missus and our dog.

I ordered
>Berserk 23
>Slam Dunk 1-6
>Vagabond 9
>Vinland Saga 1
>Howard the Duck Complete Collection 2
>Godzilla Half-Century War Hardcover
>Duck Avenger New Adventures Book 1
>Red Lanterns book 4
These should do nicely.

Animal Man new?
I got so annoyed until I noticed you had two copies.
Can you please move Rachel Rising next to Strangers in Paradise? It's a bit annoying.

2/2

Bought these in the city which I went to to see the new Paul Thomas film (which ended up online a few days later) and while I could get them cheaper online for most I'm only really annoyed about how I could have got Flex Mentallo in Hardcover for cheaper.

So how's Lone Wolf & Cub?

Fucking glorious, strongly recommended although page reversing is a bit annoying just as leaving some japanese words untranslated

Page reversing? You mean they compiled it in the western style?

isn't that blade of the immortal? Seems fine.

Something like that, pages in Dark Horse edition are mirror images of their japanese originals, hence every warrior in the series is left handed

Oh that's dumb.

Black Monday Murders is GOAT

Miss cause on my reading pile
>jimmy corrigan the smartest kid on earth
>The missing Metabarons book from my shelf
>Kevin Smith Green Arrow

Omnibus are retarded huge sometimes. It just makes no sense having them instead of deluxe HC.

I like them. I'm almost done with JSA Omnibus 2 and that's something like 1400+ pages.

i hate that, i feel like i need a huge desk to read these things, and i prefer to read laid back in a recliner. 400-500 pages is the ideal size for a collection

I just lay them down on my bed and read them there. My dad has this set up where he sits in a comfy chair, puts a pillow in his lap and rests the book on the pillow so the weight doesn't bother him.
That being said the Cerebus books that are 500 pages are absolutely perfect in size so I guess you're on to something there.

Those things are beyond uncomfortable to read.

How is the third tomb raider collection?

pillow on the lap is a good idea, i'll try that

and recent purchases, still waiting for I kill giants to get delivered

Not in picture
>Supergirl Rebirth Vol. 2
>Wonder Woman: Earth One
>B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs
>Total Tank Girl
Supergirl Vol 3(Gates)

>Y: The Last Man and Usagi Yojimbo
Congratulations, you lined up two series I need to get into.

Bought it in "near mint" condition of e-bay for 100 bucks. It had never been read from what I can tell. No dents, no nothing.

I'm two issues in. So far it's been great, the atmosphere, the writting all of it.

you do know that there are omnibus versions of everything hellboy related coming out, right?
actually the reason why I'm waiting to start collecting hellboy
Hellboy Omnibus 1-3 = Hellboy Volumes
Hellboy Omnibus 4 = Hellboy in Hell
Hellboy Complete Shortstories Vol.1&2

My now updated shelf.

how much did you pay for that sandman slip case? I found it for around 100€ but can't find it cheaper anywhere

got me some more Guido Crepax

That's about what I paid more for it, bought in a comic shop. One of the first things I bought. Wish that I had gotten the big omnibus versions instead, but what can you do.

>posted it sideways twice
>wasted dubs twice

I deleted the first one due to that, but for some reason my filthy phone did it again after I tried to fix it.

the omnis look nice but they're like 40 bucks more expensive. also, the paperbacks are probably easier to read anyway

>He's also a phone poster

Last pic was terrible, so I decided to take one for the January purchases.

Come on superman, sideways or not is a nice shelf. Go to be a dick with your pal Jimmy, he probably has a gift you can turn to ash or something.

>No Superman on the shelf.
>It's nice

Like 30 percent of the time sure.

At the moment I'm cuddeling with my fiancé. Watching a cooking show while shitposting. Max comfy dude.

A caption is missing from this page in the recent collected versions.

>>He's also a phone poster
how do you take photos?

>Fraction Thor
literally the worst

It really is down there. I got fear itself on the cheap. It is not going in the Loki-bump image, thats for sure.

A camera.

>Not doing hyper-realistic paintings of your shelves
How lazy can you be?

the picture right above that one is my shelf, already have the Library editions. I bought those the wolves of St August to frame because it's one of my favorite Hellboy stories and probably the story that got me into Hellboy and the corpse has one of my favorite pages in the Mignolaverse

Haven't gotten to it yet. Working my way through two when I hit a dry spell.

That bust of the alien head is pretty cool. I bet it cost a pretty penny.

Actually got it for a "decent" price on the danish equivalent of e-bay. I think I paid 80$ fot it.

It's the 25th anniversery edition

I keep hoping that DH will reprint The Marquis, but it seems like Guy Davis lost all interest in comics

There is this one up on e-bay for a fair price. It's in much greater condition than the one i purchased.

m.ebay.com/itm/Marquis-Inferno-Guy-Davis-Dark-Horse-Comics-TPB/323059671280?hash=item4b37db60f0:g:FigAAOSw3wVaU~mD

I actually just bought all the singles from $1 bins, I really hate paying above cover price. It's like the #1 way to jinx a reprint into existence

are you me but with an alien head?

I need to pick those up. They have a two book set in a special slip cover now. I think i'll start off with that.

I read the first volume and while I loved his art I really had to force myself through the Valentina stories, which made up the bulk of the book before he just does Dracula and Frankenstein which I enjoyed.

I've heard he focused to much on eroticism instead of writing good stories. It's kind of a shame.

The second volume is a lot better and more straightforward.

I was fine with the eroticism. It was the main plot about the underground people with paralysis vision and the giant zodiac creatures that I just didn't give a shit about

I hope they do a third softcover compendium. I have the first two.

>eroticism
my comic trigger word. Never heard of him before and just look up some of the art. Damn that's amazing stuff. Any books I should start at?

The problem is his only English works are by Fanta who must know his work is super niche in the States so each volume is $75

the books are huge and well made though, I know 75 bucks is a lot but atleast you get your worth

I saw that. The DH Manara books are like that too. They like to charge a fuckton for erotic books

That's 100% planned. The first two Invincible compendiums are 48 issues long, and the series is ending on a multiple of 48.

Oh I know they're quality books, they're larger than a DC Absolute. Still I'm saying it's a hard jump on point for people who are just curious when that company sells these comics with only collectors in mind.

As they've gone out of print DH has done paperbacks that are somewhere in the $25 -30 range

I don't know about the soft covers but Ottley said that they are going to combine three volumes of the Ultimate Invincible series into one giant hardcover. And that there will be four of them.

why aren't all of Millarverse book in hardcover? it's kinda bs that we don't get Parlov or Quitely's art oversized

yeah, I found Vol 1 HC at my LCS, want to hunt down the HC's for this stuff cause they are really nice books that will hold the value. Sometimes I'm ok with taking the cheep and getting a softcover, but for the really high end stuff I want to throw down the extra money

cause Millar is a hack and you should feel ashamed of yourself

I get that feeling too, that's why I'm grabbing those Moebius collections or things like Hellboy in Hell as soon as they come out. But I missed out on the Manara hardcovers so I'm fine going with the paperbacks, plus I wouldn't want to mix and match formats because that's the one thing I would be anal about on my shelf.

Think you replied to the wrong guy, buddy.

DH has a back track record with things going out of print. I'm not sure why but some really popular items never return. Things like that or the Empowered Deluxe volume 1.

oops

damn, nice usagi yojimbo omnis and alan moore swamp thing. super jealous.

How are the silver age book? I'm looking to pick one up.

Rude desu

Just got done reading the Berliac comics and Orc's Treasure. The Seinen Crap stories all end unsatisfyingly, but I think that's the point of those. Snippets of stories without a real ending.

Good shit. Do the Dorehedoro volumes have color pages now? I remember being pissed that they made them monochrome in the first couple.

The Crepax books are lovely.

They did it with Star Wars too, which is even more retarded considering R2D2 and even the Millenium Falcon's designs.

Marvel didn't undo it or anything for their digital re-release, just stuck the Marvel and Legends logos on it.

You're really mean and probably enjoy shitty comics

Had to return Green Lantern Omnibus for a new one cause it got a ding on it, fuck Amazon manhandling their packages.

Tell me about the Milligan/McCarthy book, the reviews I've seen report some omissions.

My Faith in Frankie is a cute little read

I don't think so? I know Sooner or Later isn't fully collected but Jamie Hewlett worked on some of those. It's got all the important ones like Rogan Gosh, Skin, Paradax, Mirkin, Strange Days...

Why is BMM GOAT? I usually like Hickman but this one seemed weird. Should I pick it back up?