Black Panther

Well Sup Forumsmrades?

Well, bronies are scum, he got that much right.

Have a png of some Dobson heads to paly around with in photoshop

Rainbow Dash is voiced by a white person

I like this image. It brings me happiness

The real joke here is Dobson doing work.

>the only people who have a problem with the 700th procedural marvel movie are fat neck beard racist

He'll be working retail when this dries up

Is this the season already?

>Star Wars is a bad series because too many white males, nobody can identify with them
>wait, you can't identify with an all black cast? You're a racist xenophobic nazi bigot!

nice strawman

>identifying yourself to characters
I don't understand this bullshit. Is it just the autist thing so they can pretend that they're that character?

Why cant someone beat up dobson already? I hate males who give up all their dignity to side with these misandrist social justice freaks

>It's the "you have to identify with a character to like them" meme
Nigga, I fucking love Barracuda as a character and I'm not some 400Ibs black dude who literally beats people with his dick

>and I'm not some 400Ibs black dude who literally beats people with his dick
As far as we know.

self inserting is for fags anyway

When was this ever a criticism of BP?

_ ___ __ ____ ____ ___

i identify as a strawman.

Exactly, my favorite characters are typically skull faced mutants or horribly deformed aliens. Hell, i can relate to blacks like the booty warrior considering all the cute guys i see in my town

It makes them feel like their existence is validated because there is a fictional character who looks and 'acts' like them.
It's absolutely pathetic, if I'm being honest

is there some sort of black panther backlash in /mlp/ or is dobson just painting with broadstrokes agian?

Judging by history, ruling social classes flip when 'competing' social groups are given attention. Straights freaked about gays, whites about blacks, etc., and it's always been justified by feigned concern and a victim complex, and if you're the real victim, it's okay to lash out, take rights, or whatever.

Same shit new century.

Devil's advocate? There is some truth that a lot of white males don't entirely like protagonists that are the different gender and race as them but it's not out of bigotry all the time. It really is about being able to self insert. It's also really common in anime/manga.

Isn't Dobson also a brony?

Really? I hate self insert characters, they are very boring and perfect and i want to see more movies with more off the wall and weird MCs

You're full of shit.

Doing work implies he gets paid for it. Have you seen his patron? It's a hobby between his actual job of being a theater concession stand worker.

>his actual job of being a theater concession stand worker.
Wait, so thats his real job and not just for the comic?

Never, honestly I don't actually remember anyone complaining about the fact that the movie had a black lead or mostly black cast at all, I mean a handful of shitpost here and there sure but for the most part this just seems to be a case of manufactured outrage

Nah, the only time I've really seen white males complain about black characters is when they're not just characters the happened to be black, they're BLACK characters. Meaning, their very identity is "MUH I'M BLACK" ...bonus points if the series talks down to you and preaches about social issues.

There's no evidence for that.

Dobson's parents are wealthy east coast publishers.

In all likelihood his parents pay for Dobble's ever need.

I never understood this

I enjoy story and characters not self-inserting

Agreed

>Character must be exactly the same race as me because otherwise I can't identify with

this is so wrong on all levels

I hate everything associated with mlp and it's fandom but make a brony instead of a maga poltard?

Why did you post a comic strip featuring the head hunters from gi joes DEF line?

The latter

To be fair who of us would consider himself as worthy to identify himself as Jackie Chan?

Literally no one has ever said this. Fuck this furry shitsnack for further adding fuel to the fucking garbage fire that is unnecessarily politicised Black Panther discourse.

/mlpol/ was a thing

I missed carnevale.

Oh, so the black one I saw the other day was an edit.

If only you knew the irony behind the image you used for your post

because that's a great story

I always identify as the ladder.

Post the whole thing, more people need to know that Black Panther is going to be the BIGGEST, BLACKEST movie ever.

>He'll be working retail when this dries up
that requires people skills

The thing about that is, racism isn't usually a conscious motivation. Most people are annoyed by a tangentially related object and they do racist stuff as a result of those fears or disappointments.

It's not usually about explicitly hating minorities but people are dumb.

man burgermutts and their white guilt cracks me up everytime

Doesn't Dobson's response to his strawman completely invalidate the argument that a character needs to look like you in order for you to be able to identify with them? What would stop a black person identifying with a white character?

I'm going to wear a mlp shirt to see this movie now.

I em not watching it because it is Marvel

I'm not watching it since I don't like the character

What white man said this ever?

I did

Fucking gary stu

lel

I don't think you did. I doubt you even think about this movie when there's not a thread about it.

It's not about self-inserting. At least that's not how it's supposed to be. The idea is that you're supposed to relate to the character on some level and grow closer to them emotionally.

>"Hey, my parents were shot and killed in an alley too!"
>"Hey, I also have Parker luck! Isn't that neat?"

Shit like that. SJWs have made it more superficial though. Black people now NEED black characters, because they could never relate to anyone else. Nevermind that the black characters in question are royalty from a fictional nation. It's the skin color that matters!

holy shit the tumblr brainwashing is in full effect

"even if you're not actually racist, you're still racist"

>t Sup Forums defense force

I don't know but im sure statistically there were a few. the bigger question is, Why can't they say it? after all other side always uses it as an excuse as to why they think film is shit "lack of black people in leading roles " etc

Skin never bothered me but I often have hard time with characters who make choices I don't agree with. sometimes I still read them as a challenge to myself but often I avoid them because its like being stuck in a car with people you hate

It doesn't work that way mate. Batman is more of a mary sue contextually than BP. Just admit YOU hate black people.

Batman has been going on for years BP has very few stories and a very boring setting

C'mon, you mean to tell me this wasn't EXACTLY the same bullshit reason people were using against Finn on TFA and how China wasn't going to show up for Black Panther, since "they hate black people"?
It's Sup Forums bait, and yes, this isn't that board, but it's precisely one of the reasons I left there, I kept reading this and more "subtle" racist bullshit in order to justify their complaints about the cast. I'm not saying you do, buy ignoring that it's something people do is willfully disingenuous.

Batman isn't a king with his own planet.

this

wakanda is shit
it's like made by 5 years old playing toys with friend
>nananana my base is better nanana force fields nananana indestructible nanana

I mean he's right

no of course not, he is a normal human who can regenerate 6 liters of blood in half a day, hold his breath for 15 minutes and get by with few minutes of sleep

I saw this pic on tv today, so yes. on the other hand.

He's still not a king with his own planet.

Let get this over with it.

BP and Batman aren't mary-sue. They got their own flaws and problems in their own comics books.

That movie deserved to bomb for killing off Luke but not even bothering to make Rey into an interesting character.

Yeah they really don't care about SW, but lately China has been their go-to example of a "redpilled country" who doesn't fall for the "manipulation", as if it wasn't a heavily censored place with barely any connection with the West.

>but not even bothering to make Rey into an interesting character.

The entire arc of her character was about her insecurities. I don't know what you people want anymore.

Sup Forums likes black panther because its pro-nationalist and pro-ethnostate

why be a king when you can be a god?

China is not "redpilled" it just different masters. kind of masters who think a fictional character being a necromancer is a no no and various other stupid rules. They leave in a dog eat dog world, so they have little time for each other let alone outsiders.

>making fun of My Little Penis fans
>...seven years after it could possibly be called relevant
>...when Dobs himself liked the show

>her insecurities
>interesting

Because having nigh unlimited power for a limited time makes for compelling stories. Being a king with your own planet is boring.

Bullshit, that's just a false flag and you know it, specially since they don't even read comics. Otherwise they'd just latch onto Doom instead and make this place insufferable.

Not him, I liked TLJ, but I agree Rey's character arc was very unsatisfying. I like the reveal that her parents were n o one special, but the movie doesn't take advantage of this. With how much Rey obsessed over them before, she shrugs it off too easily and then after the fight with Kylo stops functioning as a character for the remainder of the movie.

Defending mankind did't they sit out a few great diasters?

Why can't we all just get along? I have no problem with anyone of any color as long as they're a good person and respect those around them. I know Sup Forums isn't the place for this but I really wish everyone would get over the hate and move on...

its not false, they are willing to overlook skin color for the sake of idology

>Being a king with your own planet is boring.

No more then Conan being king of all the land is boring. Panther is a take on very classical pulp hero archetypes

>With how much Rey obsessed over them before, she shrugs it off too easily

Eh, I think that's more to do with Kylo being there and the second revelation that his face turn was bullshit.

>and then after the fight with Kylo stops functioning as a character for the remainder of the movie.

I can see that argument. I was fine with her getting the hero moment at the end with the Falcon, but her arc ends after the saber splits because of how much wrap-up the movie needs to accommodate. Part of why I love the movie is how much it contains, but I won't deny it kind of strains at points with how much it needs to pay off.

>did't they sit out a few great diasters?
People really need to differentiate between the comics and the MCU when trying to pull these sort of arguments. For all we know MCU Wakanda really contributes to the world's well-being in their own ways and that's why Killmonger is a villain, for wanting to seclude the country.

>Conan being king of all the land is boring.
I don't read Conan.

#MeToo

>gary stu

fuck you get the fuck out of here

This comic is retarded. Black Panther can't shoot lazers or fly and doesn't have half the capabilities that Batman's magic tool belt. This is smug tumblr bullshit as usual.

>Otherwise they'd just latch onto Doom instead and make this place insufferable.
Sup Forums would rather throw their lot with a black man than with a filthy gippo.

wow, a Dobson comic that actually doesn't have an overwrought joke

Actually Sup Forums is probably the only place you can get away with saying you just want everyone to get along. Anywhere else you'll be flogged for showing your white privilege thinking it's that simple.

I'm going to use my common sense to tell everyone to stop race-baiting