Bay's Transformers

What do you like about them? If you were in charge of a live action TF adaptation, what would you have done differently? I just watched the fourth one, and I gotta say this is where the franchise just gets tiring for me, I really wasn't huge on the Transformium concept at all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tcyCD1yaLYE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

less humans.

it does bring up the question of just how much do animating the bots cost?

supposedly devastator kept frying the computers used to animate it and that alone probably costs more than the entire production funds of g-saviour including the ps2 game.

I like that they just got progressively more stupid cool wow awesome over time. That's not me praising it much. Just they stopped being so purely serious and went a bit more silly.

in a way, the movies truly are g1 at least the cartoon.

there's a sense of story progression but not enough to say there's a coherent storyline to be told.

I like Sam and his girlfriends, hated his parents. I liked the new guy, and hated his kids. The bots are usually fine but the minicons can be annoying. The government humor kind of sucks but the decepticon humor is great

The part where Starscream transforms into a jet looked ok.

I loved the 4th film. It expanded the mythology,it brought an interesting new villain different from the Aubots/Decepticon faction,memorable score,more robots screen time. The robots actually have personalities! We see the robots in charge and the humans working with them. It teased something more other than hurr durr Earth and Cybertron are the most important. The creators. Too bad that the writers room killed it.

>What do you like about them?
Some of the humor, some of the girls, that conspiracy Jewish guy who was an agent, the robo violence, some of the designs here and there (for some reason I liked Soundwave, Laserbeak, Shockwave and whatever the fuck that worm thing was, and some others through out the movies).

>If you were in charge of a live action TF adaptation, what would you have done differently?
Made it more like the animated movie, there would be a boy hero who befriends the kid appeal bot, but they wouldn't be so blatantly the main character, just a supporting role. Grantid, I'm not dumb, I know this would only be a hit with Transformers fans that can become a huge cash making franchise like Bay's original movie was and not the normie public but I'd still be happy.

can't become*

Simpler designs and make the robots the main characters.
Also action scenes that are more visibly clear. So you actually see what the fuck is going on.

Subtle.

Man that toy doesn't seem good
>fake windshield chest
I can accept cheating with transformations when it's done to make the toy more articulated or show accurate, but when the toy is basically as much of a brick as the G1 toys anyway why bother?

I love robot designs in each movie.
Love how agresive Grimlock looks and Jazz is still my fav transformer.

Even Skids and Mudflap? And Wheelie?

I like that they still feel like Michael Bay movies. And I'm not being facetious here, I think he's an incredibly talented artist and that he manages to turn something as soulless as a merchandise driven franchise about toy robots from outer space into what are clearly recognizable as Michael Bay movies is quite admirable and speaks for his integrity as a director.

The simple fact that you posted this 8 hours ago and he still hasn't come is good news in and of itself.

Should I do it instead?

"Kys, degenerate barneyfag!"

It feels off, somehow.

Well, I tried.

I feel like the characterization in 4 was pretty damn good, but it really seems like they just can't top megatron's invasion in 3, so everything else just feels lackluster

Yes, even unicron

See I'm the opposite. I deeply prefer the reasonably seriousness of the 1st film.
The opening to that film remains one of the best scenes in the franchise.
youtube.com/watch?v=tcyCD1yaLYE

I know I am in the minority but I like the designs & how detailed they are. Some could have been toned down but still.

What are you guys talking about?

I don't know if I should tell you or not if you can't already tell.

I liked Tony Todd's The Fallen.
His facial design was closer to what Ultron should have been in the Mcu.

Well I used to call people campfags & compare the tone of what Dceu haters want the films to be to Barney in various Dceu argument threads in years past but never in Transformers threads & I never told anyone to kill themselves. I am indifferent to the Bayformers films, only seen the 1st 2.

Only seen the first two as well.

But if I'm being sincere, there's something in the op's image you are missing that I'm surprised hasn't caught a certain shitposter's attention yet.

Ah looks like a Pony?

Now you done it. You just HAD to say it, didn't you?

>looks like

Barneyfags need to be burnt to shit

This is a Transformers thread, and that is an unaltered image from Transformers 4, fuck off autist.

They genuinely get the actual Cybertronians right, at least in personality. They just don't get enough screen time.

I know that, but the point still stands that they all need to fucking die.

But that's the shot with the gun. Rainbow Dash doesn't show up for a few more seconds.
On a related topic I liked the product placement Hasbro did for their own products in the pony movie.
Hungry
Hungry
Hippos

Ya know the old movie almost had GI Joe and TF cameos?

Barneyfag is a guy obsessed with how much he hates my little pony.he has been sitting up this website for years.

I take that back. I just rewatched the scene and it's nowhere near as funny as I remember.
I recall there was another bit of Hasbro product placement that I liked though but I can't recall what it was.

I was expecting turtles in the movie though
Mlp in Transformers
Transformers in Ninja turtles
The logical next step was turtles in pony.

>sitting
*Shitting

I dont like bayformers
I dont know much about Transformers as a series. But I know that bayformers was such bottom barrel garbage that had my friends not dragged me to see it, I would have walked out.
the only movie I walked out of was Bruno.

I mean, there is the moment in the first Equestria Girls where Pinkie Pie "transforms" and the Transformers sound effect is used

don't know much about transformers
knows bayformers as bottom of the barrel

how?

just do it all in robot chicken animation. toy sales through the roof.

I don't like them, at all. Granted, I like Transformers, and this isn't really an adaptation issue that I have with it, but more because they are practically everything wrong with modern cineama. Don't get me wrong, there are bad movies, and even stupid movies that one can enjoy, but Transformers is just a loud eyesore that wastes millions of dollars just to give audiences something extremely low effort. But that's just my opinion

better transformer designs

I blame China for their continued existence.

Because I sat thru the stupid movies. laughed maybe once. was not terribly entertained by the action.
thought the cgi was okay tho. At least the detail in the cgi was worth seeing...mostly

so where will they make the toys now when china ceases to exist (as in physically)?

The Last Knight was kino and the ultimate pleb filter.

I liked when Optimus had purple eyeballs

I have to say, I've been watching these movies since they first came to theatres, and there are two things I REALLY love about them. First, there's the impeccable scores by Steve Jablonsky. Each movie had at least one good song (The Last Knight and Revenge of the Fallen really felt like duds in that regard, despite having one or two REALLY good tracks) that are all relatively memorable. My favorites include Arrival to Earth, Lockdown, and Purity of Heart. Second is the sound design. Every single named character gets their own unique sound aesthetic, for lack of a better term. When Bumblebee transforms, the panels of his form glide together like a stock sword unsheathing noise. Starscream's transformation features high-pitched shrieks, much like his name suggests. Soundwave's features a cacophany of chaotic yet cohesive noise, and Megatron just EXUDES industry. I love it, I love it all.