It's out

It's out

youtube.com/watch?v=dzxFdtWmjto

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2017/11/13/16646726/sony-morbius-the-living-vampire-spider-man-spinoff-movie
cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Sony-May-Planning-Spider-Gwen-Movie-72002.html
screencrush.com/nightwatch-movie/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I expected nothing and yet I'm still disappointed.

It's pretty much nothing. What is that spaceship though?

YOU CAN GIVE THE RIGHTS BACK NOW SONY

Probably some sort of prisoner ship

Where's the venom bit in this?

The symbiote in the canister

I'm liking the tone, and I like Hardy, hard to say much about this just yet though since no reveal

Only minor complaint is that I wish they died Hardy's hair for more of a comic look

Oh yeah, I did see that.

Personally, I feel that you can't fucking do Venom without Spider-Man. Unless Venom has already been established (like Agent Venom).

That's it? Some short snippets of a couple chase sequences and a 2-second shot of some goo in a box?

Yep. Worst trailer of the bunch.

It's still really throwing me that they're divorcing Venom's origin from Spider-Man. I feel like you have to dramatically change the character to accommodate that.

> it's a sony in charge of everything episode

I'm not optimistic, but we'll wait and see.

No idea how they're going to make Venom without involving Spider-man in some capacity.

Just give the rights to Marvel, damn.

Post your face when Venom only shows up for the action-packed climax.

>official teaser trailer
>Venom doesn't appear
THIS IS GONNA BE SHIT JUST LIKE SPIDER-MAN 3 WHERE VENOM GETS 5 MINUTES OF SCREENTIME AND THE REST ARE EBIN ACTION SCENES OF SEXUALIZED TOM HARDY RIDING ON A BIKE EXPLODING AND RUNNING FROM EVIL CORPORATIONS HOLY FUCK I HATE THIS PIECE OF SHIT ALREADY

Uh, you don’t get to bring symbiotes.

That is the most annoying New York accent I’ve ever heard and I live in New York.

>No Venom
>No Carnage
>No symbiotes even really shown
>Not even a Spider logo at the end

That creepy head shaking at the end was, well, creepy. But I was expecting at least a glimpse of Venom.

It will be a Hulk story starring Venom, mark my words

Well, at least we'll get some comfy Tom Hardy grunting. "Mmhmmm"

>V

Is Venom even popular enough among normies to warrant marketing like this?

You could remove the “venom” name and it would be another generic sci fi horror flick.

Are you kidding me? Spider-Man is probably the most popular normie Hero next to Batman and Venom is his biggest Normie villian. They love him.

Well that was generic.

HEY YO THIS IS MY NEW YORK ACCENT IM WALKING HERE

>It's still really throwing me that they're divorcing Venom's origin from Spider-Man. I feel like you have to dramatically change the character to accommodate that.

They're doing Lethal Protector (pretty much). Venom vs. the Life Foundation, the people he fought in his first solo story.

You are aware that Sony still had a hand in Spider-Man Homecoming right? They worked with Marvel together for that, Marvel still does not have the sole movie rights to Spider-Man. That being said, you're an ignorant fool if you truly believe the MCU would put out a Venom movie, he's a fucking serial killer anti hero.

>a dozen movies to compete against
>fuck it, we're going to fail anyway, lets not market it

>That being said, you're an ignorant fool if you truly believe the MCU would put out a Venom movie
Cut to a few months later, when it turns out this movie is in the MCU, they just were keeping it extra super secret because of that one time Amy Pascal fucked up like the retard she is.

You are aware Marvel was the brains behind Homecoming and is the only reason why that movie was good right? You are aware they have R rated Netflix properties right? Stupid shill

>Cut to a few months later, when it turns out this movie is in the MCU, they just were keeping it extra super secret because of that one time Amy Pascal fucked up like the retard she is.

It's possible, though unlikely. It's an R rated movie and has been described as being more of an action/horror.

>You are aware Marvel was the brains behind Homecoming and is the only reason why that movie was good right?
Yes, they still had to work with Sony to even have that happen though, and it wasn't good, it was shit. As a lifelong Spider-Man fan, it was shit. This Venom movie could in no way shape or form be less faithful to the source material or disrespectful to the character and fans than Homecoming was to Spider-Man's original comics. Also, it's Netflix, none of the soccer moms and little kids watching Avengers tie ins are watching the Netflix shows so it's irrelevant, it may as well be an alternate universe like fucking Agents of Shit.

You know I’m very lenient but what the HELL kind of non-trailer was that?

The trailer, with all the car flipping and Tom Hardy throwing out his hand, makes it look like he got telekinetic powers. If I didn't know Venom already, I would 100% assume that to be the case.

Yes, it won't do Avengers numbers or anything ridiculous like that, considering it's pretty much marketed towards an adult crowd not a family crowd, but Venom was easily one of the most popular Marvel characters through out the 90's. And hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the more laid back parents take their boys to see this movie either considering they probably like Venom from some video game or action figure line or whatever crap merch has been floating around.

Why is there a bra on the poster?

>mfw

It's going to be Carnage that has the Psychic Abilities or a "Scream".

I don't think it being R rated would keep it out of the MCU, given that, I think it was Igor said they would keep Deadpool as rated R if/when they use him or something to that extent.

By this bit alone, I could guess this is from an episode of Agents of Shield.

It's actually a raunchy summer comedy where Tom Hardy tries to get his new alien buddy laid to win a bet against Chad "Carnage" Thundercock, played by The Rock.

The symbiote CGI probably isn't finished yet

As a lifelong Spider-Man fan, it was one of my favorite movies.

Well no shit, but expedite a single quick scene of it to use it as a stinger, for fuck's sake.

>Releases a teaser on the same week of the trailers of Infinity War, Deadpool, and all the others from Superbowl
>Is this shit

Bravo.

Seconded.

This was...disappointing. Why even release a trailer if you just finished filming like two weeks ago. That scene with the symbiote in the tube is probably the only CGI shot they've finished.

From the director of Gangster Squad

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

Dear god, this feels like another Fan4astic. I know its a teaser, but holy shit you could at least try to make it look like a Venom movie.

I'd watch it

Its the movie no one asked for. This is Arad and Pascal throwing an irrelevance tantrum. In fact its worse then that. This is the movie people are actively asking them not to make. Just don’t do it, no pleasent surprises are waiting at the end.

So Hardy's Venom is just gonna be a gooey-black person-shaped monster with the teeth and eyes until they mention Spider-Man and contrive an excuse for him to grow the symbol, yes? Because otherwise... why?

Wait - will he use webs? If so... why?

I'll give them credit; after seemingly a dozen attempts at a Spidey spinoff, they're finally doing it.

Surprise, looks like shit.

>Homecoming was shit because muh comics

Stop this meme. We’ve had 5 previous Spidey movies that were faithful to the comics. We can afford one movie that does it’s own thing. The comics are still there.

>Being excited for the non-faithful Venom movie while hating Homecoming

Obvious shill

>Avoids showing costume or anything obviously related to the comic book thing until the last few seconds

It's shit son.

My guess, after the IW and DP2 trailers, Sony scrambled to put something together to try and ride the hype. Except they didn't have anything substantial ready.

The only thing I could see is the Ultimate version where he uses tentacles. If he has the logo for no reason in this movie, then yeah, it's going to be shit

Thats like congratulating the retard for finally humping the doornob!

I've been waiting for a Venom movie since the release of Spider-Man 3 and this looks like shit.

They prioritized a slime mold over a face or an arm or...anything that would have excited anyone.

Why fucking bother making a trailer?

This is 80% likely going to happen. The majority of the movie will just be Tom Hardy running around and maybe bits and pieces of the Venom powers will come out until the climax where he's in full Venom look for maybe 5-10 minutes

They better not strand Jess in the SonyU before Carol can make out with her.

The whole movie is gonna be Brock keeping Venom at by inside of him then at the end let it out for the last 5 min of the movie. Cut to black screen roll credits the end.

Ten cents have been deposited to your account.

It's Sony, humping a doorknob would be a step up.

Can anyone come up with an idea of how it wont be shit? I got nothing.

Wasn't this supposed to be a Horror Comedy?

>but Venom was easily one of the most popular Marvel characters through out the 90's.
lel, no

This shit is going to flop so fucking hard.

kek.

>Dear god, this feels like another Fan4astic
I was feeling the same

>"We want the audience to be afraid to see Venom. You don't want to show him too much. When he does appear, it needs to be special. That's why he's only on screen for a combine 49 seconds."

Deadpool will remain R rated, AND NOT IN THE MCU!

Homecoming is also one of my favorite Spider-Man movies along with the original Spider-Man 2

No thats true, it just wont translate into ticket sales, because no one is gonna relate this to 90s venom unless they put the fan blinders on hard

Just refunding his.

I was waiting for a Venom movie but one that actually involved Spider-Man

It's R-Rated so it has a chance! (Logic)

At least it's not the Sinister Six movie or the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie.

Hell, they are even considering an Aunt May spinoff movie!

Of all these dumb ideas, I think the Venom is the only one that could actually work.

But, by this teaser alone, I'm not really optimistic

>At least it's not the Sinister Six movie or the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie.
>Hell, they are even considering an Aunt May spinoff movie!
It's not as bad as those as a concept, but it is as bad as those in practice because there won't be any Spidey or any relation to Spidey in it

WE

Is it a LIFE sequel, I couldn't tell based on this trailer

It just seems like a "me too" rushed trailer. I enjoyed Tom Hardy so far in this, so I'm slightly optimistic.

How fucking hard is it to make a Venom movie?

>Teaser shows a a man and woman being mugged by four dudes, we see black tendrils shoot from above, and something flashing across the screen that beats up all the muggers.
>The figure that beat the muggers up lands behind the man and woman, who want to know who saved them and thanks the person.
>Full face reveal shot of Venom slowly peers out like a crocodile, followed by "We are Venom!" and the man and woman screaming.
>October 2018

>Implying Sony isn't embarassed to actually have this have anything to do with the real Venom
What do you think this is, a comic book movie or something?

>Good.
That's highly debatable and even the Netflix shows are getting a little meh too.

What's the body count so far fellas?
>Silver Sable
>Black Cat
>Kraven
>Mysterio
>Chameleon
>Morbius
>Venom, of course
>Carnage (rumored)
Am I missing anyone?

>Ah, now eventually you do plan to have Venom on your, on your Venom movie, right? Hello?

Well this isn't a Spider-Man movie, it's a Venom movie. Venom has had many comics that have nothing to do with Spider-Man. In a perfect world I'd like Venom to appear in a Spider-Man movie first and then branch off into a spin off that has nothing to do with Spider-Man, but guess what, I don't want a Venom that comes from what the MCU has done with Spider-Man, and they're going to be putting out Spider-Man movies in that universe till I'm like fucking 50, so this is the only shot a Venom movie has in the worst place. Not ideal, but it's the only option for a Venom movie, not a Spider-Man movie with Venom as the villain.

>>but Venom was easily one of the most popular Marvel characters through out the 90's.
>>lel, no
He was, you're probably some kid who was born in 1999 and think that qualifies you as a 90s kid which for some reason is a common thing on this board, or you're just lying blatantly.

It's a TEASER trailer, it's not the official trailer.

>It's perfectly fine for the MCU to not be comic accurate because it's new
>This Venom movie is not accurate and that's why it's bad
Literally a shill. Probably never read any Spider-Man OR Venom comic books.

We don't know yet because we haven't seen Venom yet.....some "leaked" information came out that I'm pretty sure wasn't proved that Sony plan to keep his origin involved with Spider-Man, but that would it be vague and not actually feature Spider-Man in the film (because they probably hope if the movie is a success Marvel will consider attaching it to the MCU, which would be my guess)

Or like another person said, they could be going with the Ultimate Venom type design who was not spider themed at all route while making the story based on 616 Venom solo comics which yes, did not often feature Spider-Man or Spider-Man characters aside from little cameos here and there.

Morbius
polygon.com/2017/11/13/16646726/sony-morbius-the-living-vampire-spider-man-spinoff-movie

Spider-Gwen
cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Sony-May-Planning-Spider-Gwen-Movie-72002.html

Nightwatch (seriously, fucking Nightwatch)
screencrush.com/nightwatch-movie/

oh, missed that you mentioned Morbius.

Well, still. That's two others.

I had a feeling this thread had gone on too long without a blatant shill

>Venom has had many comics that have nothing to do with Spider-Man.
After he's been an established character.

>It's a TEASER trailer, it's not the official trailer.
It's also fucking nothing that does nothing to get anybody excited. "Oh look 2 seconds of black goop in a container, that sure is interesting"

>Someone actually trusts Sony, fucking Sony, this much
How much do they have to hurt you before you learn?

Stop fucking shilling your shorty movie here. Nobody cares.

No way you weren't paid for that.