So, we barely know anything at this point

So, we barely know anything at this point.

Apparently it's gonna be an ensemble thing, presumably mostly following judges but probably also others.

No word yet on how much Dredd will be featured. Might have Urban playing him, might not.

Unclear whether it's in the same universe as the movie. No info on what comic arcs it might draw on. Out in 2019 maybe.

Thoughts? What do you think we might see? What would you LIKE to see? How does this make you feel?

I really hope they don't blow it. A series is perfect for Dredd, they can keep the tight action from the movie but also do so much more with the setting.

I'm a little worried it might end up as a watered-down procedural show like Lucifer. It's true that the Dredd comics did a lot of that themselves, introducing some outlandish new concept and going crazy with it for an issue or two, but I hope it's not too much of that and rather focuses on harder-hitting stories and the more overarching plot lines and big epics. I'd be happy enough with something similar to Gotham in terms of balancing, though. I just hope they stay true to the source material.

AFAIK these two concepts are the only visuals we have so far.

It'll be shit. Just like the fucking abortion that was the Dredd 3D.

I'd LIKE to see a decent animated adaptation, because its probably the only way to get a decent adaptation made, but that won't fucking happen because you pissy little retards will jerk off over the most half assed garbage, like Dredd 3D.
I'd like Urban to have nothing to fucking do with it.

Nevermind, just found out its live action.

There is zero chance of this not being feces and I hope it gets shit canned.

>I'd be happy enough with something similar to Gotham
So you'd like to bite into a big shit sandwich.

On the bright side, even if it goes overly political it'll at least be something normal for the setting.

While I love pretty much everything they've said about it so far (the ensemble cast, the focus on the weirder aspects of MC-1, the episodic nature), I'm extremely wary of the project and I'm gonna stay like that until I see what network picks it up and how it ends up looking. All the good intentions and nice words won't amount for much without the budget and right people to make them work. Still, hoping is free, so here's hoping it doesn't end up like fucking Fleetway Film and TV.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.
I meant in terms of balance/pacing rather than style/content. I wouldn't love that either, but I could live with it. Having them make it fully plot-driven with no procedural elements/villain of the week stuff is probably too much to hope for.
True that. Just hope they keep the satire and irony of the original instead of going too overt.
Yeah, it's still very early days, but for now I'm happy just to know something is actually happening. It's still IM Global making it so that gives me hope.

woah there grandpa don't give yourself a heart-attack

Here's what will happen.

You'll have your hopes.
It won't live up to them.
It'll be awful.
You'll still suck its dick.

Here's the thing:

When they "announced" this project, there was no distributor attached. They did it because they wanted to drum up interest for potential producers and distributors.

This was basically them announcing "Hey, we're working on a *concept* pitch for a Judge Dredd tv show" and hoping that the ignited fanfare would garner the interest of a television network or online streamer and help it get green-lit.

I have a strong feeling that no one's picked it up, hence, why we haven't heard anything about it in a while.

You might be right, though I certainly hope it's not going to end up in development hell. It's not been all that long yet since the first news broke, so I'm still optimistic. Clearly they're not anywhere near to starting production yet, but that doesn't mean the project isn't moving forward.

>Apparently it's gonna be an ensemble thing
And i was so looking forward to it...

How's it going Sly?

I just hope they include Dave at some point, even as an Easter Egg

His story is the single best Judge Dredd comic i've ever read

Tell me about Dave! Why is he there on the plaque?

Genuinely curious tho

Why is that a problem? It's not like the comics are 100% Dredd all the time either.

Because theyll probably focus on some “relatable” young character while ignoring more of the more interesting characters. Its going to be rob schniders fergie all over again. i need suggestions for dredd or 2000 ad comics. I read all the 3 original case files about five years ago, but i want to get back into comics. I bought the case file with necropolis back in october.

Search for the story "Portrait of a Politician".

Basically he is an Orangutan who gets elected mayor of Mega City One (because there was no specific law prohibiting it), and ends up being super popular among the citizens, even without knowing what he was doing (because, you know, he is just a regular monkey. But was still better than the previous mayors).

There'll probably be some of that, but I doubt it'll be as bad as "Fergee". And the audience does need SOMEONE to relate to. Also, different perspectives = more chances to explore different aspects of life in the Mega-City. Probably still plenty of Dredd to go around.

Anyone remember this show? I liked it. First thing I thought of when I heard about urban maybe kinda doing a dredd show.

>And the audience does need SOMEONE to relate to.
They really dont. The thing that ruined shows like steven universe or rick an morty is they started ignoring all the interesting aspects and characters to focus on the “relatable” ones

I don't think it will happen. Literally no news about it.

SHAKARA

The entire movie is just 2 minute slice of life segments of citizen drudgery in Mega-City One interspersed by occasional moments of Judge Dredd randomly appearing like a force of nature, flattening entire living areas or sending some citizen to the cubes for littering.

>having such a shit taste
five in the cubes, perp.

What are you doing creeps?

Kill yourself

You first, faggot

cool, thanks