Are they dead? I liked the 2011 revival but, was that it?

Are they dead? I liked the 2011 revival but, was that it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4SRol19CBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For some reason, I feel like the current generation of teenagers and young adults aren't going to be able to relate to it as well as the prior one. Not unless they're already familiar with the show and "older" ones like Daria and Clone High.

The problem is that I can't really describe why this generational disconnect exists. Maybe someone else can put it into words.

I can't see that at all. I know a good amount of millennials who like them, if not for the nostalgia factor then for the slapstick. I think they could make a comeback, the problem is finding a channel that won't give up on them like MTV did.

I hate to say it, but speaking purely from a wider reach standpoint, Adult Swim would be a better venue. In terms of accessibility and appeal, it has MTV beat.

I didn't grew up with the original broadcast since i wasn't interested in it but the revival hooked me up with the Og run and the movie

At least it lasted longer than THAT other revival from an iconic and controversial 90s cartoon.

No way Viacom is going to give away IPs after Doug.

Maybe it could air on Comedy Central or some other channel.

lol titties and fuck

-John K

there was no audience for them on mtv, it could have worked on adult swim tho
i think the revival was an attempt to bring back people who stopped watching the channel, right now mtvs demographic are teenage mexican girls

Adult Swim hates spending money.

Beavis and Butthead is great, and the revival season was great, but it's run it's course. There's no shame in 8 seasons and a feature length theatrical film.

It's also kind of weird seeing them in a modern setting as modern teenagers without having them each glued to a fucking iphone, but that would probably ruin them altogether and come across as a pathetic and desperate attempt at staying with-it.

Was this one of the only good cartoon revivals ever?

Don’t give them ideas.

>teenage mexican girls
sad but true

Why didn't it go on? The new season seemed to be well received, was Mike Judge busy or the ratings bad?

I understand your frustration.

I think Mike just wanted to do one more season because that's the amount of episode ideas he had.

Supposedly, yes, it was well received by the show's demographic, but not so much by the CHANNEL's demographic, the 16 and Pregnant crowd, and the advertisers who run ads for those kinds of shows on their channel wouldn't want to run their ads on something like Beavis and Butthead.

Screen phones wouldn't last a week in their hands.
>"Uh, where's all the buttons"?
>"You have to swipe right in order to enter the passcode".
"Uhuhuhuhu, you said wipe".

>Implying Bevis and Butthead wouldn't try to use snapchat to film themselves doing stuff for cash
I'd think those two would fit into today's absurd world. Doing stupid shit for attention or doing really foolish stunts for cash.

John K says those things were TNN/Spike's idea.

>The problem is that I can't really describe why this generational disconnect exists. Maybe someone else can put it into words.
It's almost bleeding 30 years old. I take it you think stuff that was cool in the 1960s was still cool in 1993.

its true tho, demographically we know the gender and age and look at the kind of shows currently airing
teenage mom, 16 and pregnant, shows about dating, guide tours around rich peoples houses
nothing but reality shows and soap operas

youtube.com/watch?v=u4SRol19CBY

They couldn't even figure out how regular computers worked, as seen in "Tech Support".

They are very much a product of their time and I'm amazed they were even able to make a season in 2011 work.

Did you see how many converter boxes they had just to get their ancient TV to work?

>cc
> Trump suckth uhuh
No I don’t want that

They should be being weirdo 90s teens in a modern setting.

Does that mean the references in Arthur to Beavis and Butthead are now dated?

Those were 90s computers.

Most people now with their iphone habits would grind to a stop in something like Multiplan. Or just plain DOS.

I can see them fiddling with phones.

But mostly ending up in jail, no fun allowed in XXI century. Within 10 minutes they would try to film female underwear and get caught.

Exactly the point. They could barely handle those outdated things in 2010. You think they'll figure out smartphones? Hell no.

The rise of digital-intuitive people (starting with those born in the 80s), universal pocket computers meant to drive us to consume until we die, unfettered internet and information access, and capitalism boiling over to start killing the entire world.

Previous generations had a future.

We don't.

Wow, you're really smart. Did anyone ever tell you that?

dude, smartphones are way, way easier.

ive seen 2 y.o.'s handling those. nobody ever seen a 2y.o. handling DOS.

I too would have found this extremely profound when I was 15.

>The problem is that I can't really describe why this generational disconnect exists. Maybe someone else can put it into words.

There isn't any mystery, it's an ultra-Gen Xer kind of show.

it's not profound at all jackasses, it's common idiot sense, this generation grew up with a massive technological change and that creates a huge disconnect

like is that too hard to grasp

We're talking about Beavis and Butt-Head here, two morons that can't even figure out... well, anything.

that would be painful. 90% of Comedy Central's programming is god awful and and as funny as it would be to hear Beavis and Butthead tear it apart, the network probably wouldn't want Judge pointing out how awful it all is through the voices of two LD teenagers, and they wouldn't let them touch South Park or the Daily Show.

this is some piss poor bait, friend

>reddit spacing
>we r all duumd

>Proper English
>Reddit Spacing

In Adult Swim it could work

Adult Swim only exists just for Fox and Tim and Eric shows.

He is right, you know.

Mike Judge said he is open to doing more episodes, but the problem lies with MTV so he is looking at another potential network.

So is Beavis and Butthead one of the weirdest media things to come out of the pre-internet America? Form a foreign cultures perspective?

>"Hey, cool! This is just like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Er, where are all the prostitutes?"
>"You dumbass. You gotta get to San Andreas first."
>"Oh, yeah yeah. Heh... erm, which way to San Andreas?"

Besides just the time that's passed, the internet becoming ubiquitous changed society in a big way. That said, I think people will always enjoy Beavis & Butthead, a lot of the show is just universally funny.

Spike TV was trying to make their own Adult Swim knockoff block. Nothing good came from it that I can recall.

boy did you feel the need to retaliate against that for some reason.

if this show ever got another revival it would definitely be successful
they just need slightly more developed personalities
friends dicking around is such a timeless idea that it works in any generation
giving beavis and butthead smartphones would be a terrible idea though

I never really saw B&B as Comedy Central material. But then again, they did have Futurama of all things for a few years.

CC also had Ugly Americans, Trip Tank and also has SP. B&B could most definitely fit on that channel, you just have to convince Viacom management that it would get good ratings. Heck, Daria and Liquid Television could work on Comedy Central too.

John K says a lot of things

their "domestic adventures" schtick got old. this is what happens when you continue the series after a big movie adventure

They ran out of music videos to review and transitioned to reality show clips, because music videos are dead. Never cared for those in the first place, but it was a bad sign still.