Looks like Stohl's gone from Captain Marvel

...and OF COURSE, Carol's getting yet another #1

news.marvel.com/comics/84225/captain-marvel-daredevil-darkhawk-join-countdown/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ijD7pUQ98Jg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Carol's getting yet another #1
I get they want to push it but if they do this too many times normies are gonna be put off from the film.

isn't this just a one shot?

>Carol so chesty

Whew.

Based Yoshida-sama on that Make Marvel Busty Again path.

It's a one shot, the news is misleading.
Yup

so those issues Duggan did with the Guardians on Earth are probably worth rereading for clues for the Mind stone

>Darkhawk mini
>Sims and Bowers
Cool, that was the only worthwhile issue out of all of those one shots.

>no Walker
Boo.

It's just a one shot, same as the Daredevil one unless you seriously think they're going to give a Carol ongoing to fucking Jim McCann of all people.

Yes and it's Carol getting Captains Marvel from all different universes.
Paging Judge user.

Carol is the only character that they cannot afford to truly cancel due to the copyright mess over the Captain Marvel name.

They can't let it die. If they do, DC would take back the name and Billy Batson would be Captain Marvel again.

>Infinity Countdown: Black Widow #1

So I guess this is either the one from Carol's mirror universe or Marvel's really undoing everything from Secret Empire that quickly

Either way, it's kind of funny that the only thing that's stuck from Marvel's events as of late is Rhodey's death...

Based.
The whole double identity thing still doesn't sit right with me though.
But then gaiman is my favorite author and he lied on his resume so I can live with it.

He already is captain Marvel in everything but the main earth.

I'm here for it.

>Carol's getting yet another #1

Is it that time of year already?

And in Injustice continuity. Then again, Billy is also dead so it ain't like it'll come up much anymore.

Now Yuri Yoshida needs to get her with Jess once and for all.

I'm only interested in the Darkhawk issues. Fuck the rest.

>Another #1
how many does that make it now?

>2012
KSD
>2014
KSD relaunch
>2015
Secret Wars mini
>2016
Just before CW2
>2017
Legacy renumbering
>2018

>monica finally gets some love and titties
>they chose her worst and whitest design

is this how it feels to be cursed

That Infinity Circuit diagram looks like a cheap attempt to mimic Morrison and Rian Hughes' Multiversial map

Covers

Daredevil

it's just a time in

please bring back mar-vell and let him stay and let carol finally finish rotting

I already had problems with Wolverine with a space stone, but this is like dropping a stone in the Netflix shows of me not buying it.

>Monica with straightened hair again
mm hmm

Stohl is gone and all of a sudden -- Carol gets breasts?! Happy day

Stupid OP misread and started assuming shit that wasn't true. Obviously it's just for the mini, or do you think they're going to give Darkhawk a #1-4 if they just gave him a #51? What an idiot. Just like those who thought GOTG was cancelled despite using one of the covers drawn for the ongoing as the first Infinity Countdown issue. (And the consistently good sales, but yeah, that's besides the point)
Either way this is interesting news since they decided to include the other Marvels and there's definitely a chance to see Phyla-Vell in it again. I'm definitely checking these out, not that I wasn't anyway but now I'm more pumped.

Straightened hair is so much better than the she-nigger hair.

>And the consistently good sales, but yeah, that's besides the point)
What good sales? It was heavily overshipped at the beginning and fell to ~25K by issue #6.
The legacy renumbering brought it back to 48K, but then the issue right after (due to double shipping) was back to 22K

I wouldn't count my chickens yet, first because Phyla's not on the cover, and secondly because in the vision on Warlock's special she was in her Quasar costume. But we'll see.

Those are good sales for a mid-tier series currently, specially given the amount of series Marvel releases monthly. It starts being problematic once it hits 15K.

The mini and this one-shot hardly count.

And the legacy renumbering isn't a relaunch either, so that poster is just inflating the numbers.

He forgot the Marvel NOW 2.0 renumbering though. It's:
>KSD
>KSD relaunch
>ANAD
>Marvel NOW 2.0

Why won't Marvel admit that this whole Captain Marvel push has a been a failure?
They gave up on the Inhumans, give up on her

They have to double down because of the movie.

not paying for any of this, but these are pretty dope covers. Also they look like pointless tie ins

I don't care how big your tits are if your butterface game is this powerful. Look at this mug. LOOK AT IT.

That's what paper bags are for.

>Daredevil fights against someone with an Infinity Gem/Stone

The universe REALLY hates Matt huh?

The Darkhawk mini is a pointless tie-in even though it's basically a continuation on the GOTG main plot and the quest of the Raptors to find the Power Stone? Okay then.
At least you admitted that you won't be paying for it, too bad it means you'll be one of these whining about misread panels and asking stupid questions during the storytimes.

>Infinity Countdown: Champions

The fuck is the SJW brigade supposed to do in a story pertaining to the Infinity Stones?

Carol is sinking so bad they had to bring Mar-Vell and Monica to keep her afloat, lol.

Pretty much Darkhawk is the only one that counts and I'm glad he's getting 4 issues and not just a one-shot.

Only one that matters.

Why is Daredevil even involved in this? really out of all characters, I mean I can kind of get Champions because of Sam but Daredevil?

Not to mention Talonar will also most likely be there and he was a bad guy in Duggan's GotG and considering who he is it also ties to Nova (who by the looks of it is now a Guardian).

Wolverine is involved, that alone would tell you what you need to know.
However I'm assuming this is trying to ground the quest for the stones in a way that allows the entire Marvel Universe to be affected by it, both street and cosmic. Duggan must know what he's doing since he's the one writing that Daredevil oneshot.

>it's another "Marvel not crediting the cover artists properly" episode
So that Darkhawk cover should be by Mattina, right? Also #2 and #3 of the Darkhawk mini will be in June.

>Genis is never going to come back in any way, shape or form
>but here's more Carol and Phyla

>pic
Phyla would probably really like Carol's comic.

Dennis is just OG Loki, isn't he?

Is darkhawk still a white dude with a black dudes skin on him?because that one thing made me stop reading most of marvel stuff .

Oh wow they're using Kl'rt too

wait what

Didn't he get turned in to a black man by fixer after he got out of prison and rejoined the other thunderbolts ?. song bird dumbed him and I stoped reading marvel stuff after that.

That wasn't Darkhawk, that was Mach-whatever.

Comics have virtually no bearing on the films whatsoever

It's just the angle, user. It's all angles.

Give Vision the gauntlet. He is worthy.

>no politics
>no opposing heros
>all united
>functioning utopia

You are idiots. They will lose it only if don't use that title for 10 years

This.

>short haired Monica
Gross. Give me the dreads and trenchcoat or I don't want it.

Is... is that Erika Moen art?

>Positives
Duggan on writing for most of it
Them covers for the tie-ins
Phyla-Vell and Moondragon on that Allred spread
DARKHAWK-DARKHAWK-DARKHAWK-DARKHAWK

>Meh
Champions may be about Sam and Rich- or it might just be Champions
Captain Marvel might be good

>Negatives
Tying Wolverine, Daredevil and Black Widow into this shit
Dedato on Prime

Why are Mar-Vell's biceps busting the seams of his costume?

Didn't we already have an event called Infinity not 5 years ago?

So is this another instance of a writer plotting out some events just for his book and then editorial jumps in and crowbars every other franchise into it for sales and shit?
I was down with another cosmic event, but seeing earth heroes dragged into it, makes me lose interest fast.

This isn't Infinity. This is Infinity Terrible Event from another Company.

When's Genis

I can accept Carol because this is something Alpha Flight is supposed to be dealing with

I can even maybe accept Champions because Sam calling for help from people he trusts makes sense. And hey Cho, Riri and Nadia will at least get to play with alien toys.

But I draw the line at Daredevil and Black Widow

>The fuck is the SJW brigade supposed to do in a story pertaining to the Infinity Stones?

It's probably just Sam and someone else (Viv?). I assume Richard will be included too.

>Why are Mar-Vell's biceps busting the seams of his costume?

Need to make him hot since he's in the upcoming movie.

>Yes and it's Carol getting Captains Marvel from all different universes.

So Carol's going to save Genis right before his death right? I might actually appreciate Carol if she's the reason we get Genis back.

This one has more potential than the last Infinity for the writers alone though

Mar-Vell doesn't look hot like that though. Just sloppy

I miss the real Carol. Why can't we have her back?

I've never read Captain/Ms.Marvel but the version described on Sup Forums sounds a lot cooler than what we sound likely to get out of the movie they're trying to push. Guys that know her better, do you think that violent drunk semi-incompetent murder-Carol could be a good counterpart to Wodner Woman and current MCU films? Do you think it would work financially?

Also the old costume is one of those rare ones that's really overtly sexual but cool looking at the same time. I wish we could have nice things.

why are half of the infinity stones on earth? what a shitshow...

I blame the hair. It's extremely unflattering.

Old Carol wasn't a role model to anyone. She was a fuckup and a drunk and had constant self doubt. Her dream was to be an A-list hero, but she never had a chance in hell of reaching that goal. New Carol is basically the same, except she's no longer a drunk and she looks like a man. She's only seen as a role model now because that's the narrative Marvel wants us to accept. Its shallow and nonsensical. But the movie will make the public see what Marvel wanted us to see all along. It's just more lies on top of lies that will eventually become the new truth.

the old carol was better, she was almost "Empowered" played straight, a fuck up with all kinds of issues but still trying her best to be a real hero.

>Old Carol wasn't a role model to anyone. She was a fuckup and a drunk and had constant self doubt. Her dream was to be an A-list hero, but she never had a chance in hell of reaching that goal.
That all sounds extremely interesting.

And like a good role model instead of pure escapism.

>. She was a fuckup and a drunk and had constant self doubt.
Add self destructive promiscuity to the list and she sounds exactly like a career military woman should.

youtube.com/watch?v=ijD7pUQ98Jg

Why haven't you dropped marvel cape shit and convert to the nirvana that is webcomics and manga?

I like Kill Six Billion Demons and that's about it. Comics are a terrible medium for anything but eyecandy

>At least you admitted that you won't be paying for it, too bad it means you'll be one of these whining about misread panels and asking stupid questions during the storytimes.
And I would be the whining user? clown

Those would be good if Carol wasn’t Marvel’s answer to Wonder Woman. Those are TERRIBLE sales numbers for a character that’s been pushed super hard like Carol.

It really isn't, no matter how people insist on this shit. Marvel doesn't need a Trinity like DC has, and the fact that no one seems to agree on who would conform it is proof enough.
Yeah, she used to be pushed a lot but that's mostly because of the movie, coincidentally the only female hero they could use for a front-and-center role like that. Beyond that, they're in different tiers, given how weird the MCU has been they're definitely not going to make a "girl power" movie out of Carol's.

>given how weird the MCU has been they're definitely not going to make a "girl power" movie out of Carol's.
I think they will.

Additionally (I hit Submit before finishing the idea), the comic counterparts of their highest selling movie debuts aren't exactly selling the best. In fact it's mostly been X-Men and Spider-Man like usual, and probably No Surrender given how the reprint reports have been.

Not copyright mess. Trademark mess. There's an important distinction between the two.

I rather Rich stars in Darkhawk, and will they even remember Genis?

Is it Waid or Zub writing it?

I like short haired monica, but carol needs her original hairstyle back, her short hair looks terrible.

Jesus christ just let this awful character die. She's never going to be a-list, no one cares about her comics, and her movie is going to bomb.

Carol is the best.

Carol Danvers is. Carl Manvers is not.

Didn't Genis wipe himself out in such a way that he could "never" be brought back?

This but unironically.

Zub most likely, since Waid will be out of the book next issue. But it's not certain considering these one shots aren't written by the usual writers and creative teams (like Daredevil and Captain Marvel), so this entirely depends on what Duggan is planning.
Literally no one is forcing you to read her. And she's only in like two books, her own and this one and as a one-shot. Keep your bullshit to yourself.