Paranatural

>it makes me reALLY MAD THat you can't coNTROL YOUR EMOTIONS

Thanks for waiting!

Other urls found in this thread:

onthisdayinpnat.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's still amazing how bad and slow this comic has gotten

>Lucifer really does care (somewhat).
That's genuinely sweet. Especially coming from a 600+ year old Spirit who's likely faced countless eldritch horrors and demonic nightmares in his time, and is just generally cynical and pessimistic due ot his never-ending war against Evil.

Chapter 4 had as many pages as the first three chapters combined. We are 50 pages away from this chapter being twice that. Also this chapter started in late 2014 and the comic itself started in 2011.

Lucifer continues to be one of the few remaining reasons to read this shitshow.

>Like a big millipede

Wow, it almost has backgrounds.

Also when did Lucifer stop speaking like light from lighthouse?

Large Subterranean Insect has emotion powers? That's thematically confusing.

Now that I look at it again, the LSI only seems to have six limbs, so it could plausibly be something different?

>2014

Screw this Spirit Roundtable, JUST GIVE ME MY TEAM LIGHTNINGROD GODDAMMIT

Any progress will soon be interrupted by Max and Isaac turning up, and Spender having to leg it again. AKA the same thing he's been doing since December 23rd.
>Hey all, I've decided to scrap the update I have going to try a new approach, the writing and presentation were not coming together and I wasn't making a page I'd be proud to have in the archives. Pushing it to Friday, thanks for understanding!
Does anyone else think he's just about finished with this comic? So far this year we've had more missed updates than we've had updates. I think he's just given up.

I think he scrapped it because there was some complaints that Isaac's been stealing the spotlight from Isabel.

Lucifer saved this page

Isabels been a cunt

This is just depressing. It's five years since Max met Doorman.
>onthisdayinpnat.tumblr.com/

>On This Day In Paranatural:
>02/08/13 - The shortcut

You mean, complaints like this?

>"Isaac's been stealing the spotlight from Isabel"
>Isabel
>had lots of pages dedicated to her oddly intimate chat with not reallySpender
>Isaac
>has barely shit all of an POV, we've only recently had time seeing him do his ghostpunching

At least we all know Zack's no longer a whiz at writing good + balanced characters and arcs since...years ago.

Where did you find this image user.

Yelling about a literal White male getting pannel time over a Queer!Latinx!WoC, random capitalisation of letters with no clear ordering. Gotta be Tumblr.

Whats up with the Isaac hate. He sat out for like 100 pages of hitball and the few recent scenes he had were dominated by Isabel as she shamed him for feeling sorry for himself instead of considering how tough it was for Isabel to abuse him.

I was just browsing /search/pnat/recent (as said) for the reader reaction...and (empty) hopes for some cool fanart.

I'm certain pic above was probably just a minority view...disregarding everything from an already established character one creator makes in their fiction just because of surface-level traits like skin colour is still pretty shallow though.

I think you may be biased, user.

>5 years of real time
>1-2 days in comic
Gets me every time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

>even tumblr hates pnat now
>not because of the actual good reasons but because a white character is stealing the spotlight from a colored character
Nice.

>AKA the same thing he's been doing since December 23rd.
This doesn't really mean a whole lot when he's only done like five or six updates since then.

I like Hijack.

>muslim
>lesbian
>wow she's so cool and perfect
mary sue much?

More like 2-3 updates if you're talking actual pages

Everything from panel 4 and on shouldn't be there. This is page filler disguised as characterization.

>Zack has posted 6 actual pages of Paranatural since the new year
>Taylor has posted a grand total of 3 pages of Monsterkind since the new year

I know this isn't a Monsterkind thread but it's not worth making one since these two are symbiotic and I have to bitch somewhere. I know Taylor has a full-time job now but she's pushed out THREE pages of Monsterkind since the new year started and it's just pathetic. I wish she'd come out and admit she doesn't give a shit about finishing the story she started now that she's used it to get what she wants, but I guess she can't do that until she fulfills the $40k kickstarter she ran (which she's also been completely silent on). At the very least I wish she'd just officially drop to one page a week instead of being radio silent until 10 pm the night of an update when she throws out another excuse or admits that she hasn't even started working on it yet. Like god damn people blame her for ruining Zack but honestly I think she's starting to take cues from him on how to completely ruin the momentum of your webcomic.

>inb4 reading monsterkind in the first place

Yeah, yeah, I know.

It's shallow but it's absolutely the way people like this operate. I remember a similar person a while back freaking the fuck out because the only black character of import was the student council guy and he was "a villain" and would only believe Zack wasn't racist if he were to literally change the casting demographics. People get mad that Muh WoC isn't in the spotlight despite this chapter focusing from the beginning on Isaac's escalating tension with the club while Isabel's whole thing right now is trying to act like she's over Eightfold and is strong enough to not care. Though I guess I can't blame anyone for not remembering what the fuck happened in earlier parts of the chapter because it's been dragging on for so long and none of the moments stick due to shitty writing.

We genuinely might be entering the last year of Pnat lads.

>Full time job
That's a pretty good reason to get 3 pages done in a month, really. Comic pages can take 6 to 8 hours at times. Just under one a week isn't bad pace.

I know you're talking about their pre-existing commitments and how they present themselves, but ~3-5 pages a month coming from someone with a real job sounds about right.

>I know Taylor has a full-time job now

If that's true I can understand that at least. Zack does nothing aside from Paranatural except travel to six cons a day and break his wrists.

That spirit was clearly outside the impassible barrier and too large to ride the ghost train or fit inside Doorman. It's unpossible, all of Mina's 'assets' are at the lab, inside the barrier.

>vidya playing NEET failson thinks his Mad Science Mom is perfect
Truly such unrealism is expected of Hack Morrison.

And after they had all of chapter 4 as an Isabel chapter. It's a pretty absurd vocal minority.

user, one Minna Sundberg can crank out nearly four pages worth of graphic novel-style comic a week without even missing a beat, only needing to rest and recuperate around the tail-end of some dramatic story arc. AND she does all of this all whilst managing to maintain her comic's tone, plot structure, and overall story progression and momentum. Taylor and Zack have no excuse.

>But I wanted to be more. A hero like her. Smash bullies, find the villain who destroyed my big bro...

We haven't seen Johnny in a while, have we.

Hijack will escape Spender and try to make his getaway inside a bully, who is clearly not a spectral.

Not realizing he's already inhabited.

She's more of an exception to the rule than anything in the webcomic world.

I just want this chapter to end. I don’t care if we get more mediocrity at this point, I just need a change of pace or SOMETHING

Trips of truth

Yes, I have been living under a rock. What is this, and is it independent?

I think there has to be a reason that Zack's dragging this shit out so much.

>Zack does nothing aside from Paranatural except travel to six cons a day and break his wrists.
This. It's fucking absurd how many updates he still manages to miss with his amount of free time, not to mention the art quality being much worse than before.

You're overlooking a crucial plot point. That Mina's creations can possess other spirits. You don't need to be small enough to ride the ghost train if you can possess it.

Granted, I have no idea how the hell that would line up. From what we can tell that spirit controlling ghost train was Hijack's brother, not sister and he got killed before the subterranean insect showed up. (The insect does appear to have an injury though, maybe it was also possessing the train but only got injured instead of killed).

>since these two are symbiotic
You got that right

>Like god damn people blame her for ruining Zack but honestly I think she's starting to take cues from him on how to completely ruin the momentum of your webcomic.
Well, which one of them started pulling this shit first?

I love granpappy owl man.

Gonna be sad when he dies to the big bad in 10 years.

What the fuck is wrong with his nose?

Oh she's absolutely got a better excuse than Zack has ever had, don't get me wrong. Honestly now that one of them has an actual salary he's got even less of an excuse. I just find her complete lack of communication about the delays annoying and unprofessional and I wouldn't be nearly as irritated if she would just admit she can only get one page a week or so done, she needs a scheduled break, or she just doesn't care anymore. The artist for Glass Scientists works in animation too and can only update once a week because of it, but at least her updates are consistent and have good-looking art.

The reason is "see how thin I can stretch the story before I start losing patreon bucks".

It's so sad to see side by side. Monsterkind's style has never been incredible but at least it used to be visually distinct and had relatively human proportions. All the characters nowadays look like they've just had their wisdom teeth removed and they're permanently swollen blobs.

I'm too lazy to do it for today's thread but I'd be interested to see a timeline of Zack and Taylor's style shifts compared, especially after they got together. I feel like they're stuck in an endless feedback loop of degrading art together.

Noses are hard.
Think Bert and Ernie of Sesame Street.

why do you even defend that shit?

why does this guy look like a muppet?

In terms of update schedule, Zack has been worse pretty much from the very beginning. Taylor has even had planned absences in the past where she's drawn a multi-week buffer ahead of time. Quality of the actual story aside, Taylor has consistently been better about pacing and update schedule.

Art-wise, I guess it depends on where you consider the degrading to have started for each one. I would say the kickball arc is when color and linework started to get noticeably worse in Paranatural, which kicked off ( :^) ) in April of 2015. Whereas I would consider Taylor's turn for the worse to happen in late chapter 3 of Monsterkind, around June of 2016, where her proportions started shrinking and everyone got bloated and rounded as fuck. But they've both gotten far worse in the years since, so god knows who learned it from who.

>Zack makes that big Paradox Space guestcomic for Homestuck
>it's in 2014, around when Paranatural started going to shit with the train arc

YEARS
LITERALLY YEARS
AND IT'S NOT THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY EVEN

Zach and all of us will be dust long before Paranatural will finish its first month of school.

>Chapter 5 started on December 2014
>Maybe a little more than half a day has been covered so far
>In June 2016, Hunter X Hunter published the chapter in which the boat took off, starting the Prince arc
>As of this week, two days have passed after departure

Morrison had a two-year head start and still has worse pacing than Togashi.

There's a whole lot of 'who gives a fuck' in this comic.

Mother fucker should have kept the focus tight on bitch-boy with the baseball bat to keep it from spiraling out of control.

You don't wanna know

Don't forget Guts is off the boat.