What's your opinion on the three jokers plot point, Sup Forums? How and when do you think this will play out?

What's your opinion on the three jokers plot point, Sup Forums? How and when do you think this will play out?

They all fall in a giant chemical vat and become one "super" Joker

I don't read much Batman, BUT...
This just seems like an extremely meta plotline. Something people come up with mostly to have a strange and memorable twist to their story, hoping it'll catch on.

it wont, they dropped this shit years ago

This, it's already forgotten or they'll do another reset and it won't matter

Fuck Johns. The hack is completely responsible for the downfall of the movie division and his shitty ideas are also ruining comics

Wasn’t Rebirth his idea though? That saved DC comics

at this point joker being supernatural being who is an amalgamation of the cities evil and has many backstorys because he is bunch of spirits in one being or something would have been more acceptable (even if equally bad, just leave it unexplained)

>Bats can see as well as us. Sometimes better

Well Bruce why did it take you so fucking long to realize there were 3 jokers?

*sometimes* better.
Sometimes the bat is a dumb shit.

Soon DC's homosexual obsession with this character will reach the point where Batman will end up in an alternate universe where everyone is the Joker.

Morrisons multiple personalities is a perfect explination for the Joker. Fuck Johns.

This issue only came out in 2016 so technically it hasnt even been a full 2 years,as that was april, and every batman writer said Johns would handle it. Johns hadnt written anything until now with doomsday clock.

They will all merge into one by the end of doomsday clock, so it doesn't matter, right?

I thought this was going to be related with Dr. Manhattan messing with reality.

As in, there's been three Jokers because each of them belongs to a different time period /alternate reality (Golden Age, Silver Age, Post-Flashpoint). And Batman would come to understand this is the same for many DC characters (even himself), which would lead to the greater mistery of Doomsday Clock and past Crisis.

Now, after all this time, I agree that this plot point has been dropped. They are probably going to use some bullshit excuse like "many personalities" or "more than one psycho using the Joker's identity" or just reboot and forget about it.

DC Rebirth was such a bait. God damn.

JUST ASK THE CHAIR TO ELABORATE YOU BROODY FUCK! YOU'RE A DETECTIVE - DETECT!

Rebirth wouldn't have been necessary if they just did a simple event that brought back Wally. This was pointless and unjustifiable

>I need to find out what that really means
Why does he not know what that really means when he had a magic chair that could answer any question?

Because he doesn't have a magical chair.

The first is the original and a theatrical criminal. Possibly dead, killed by the second.
The second is completely psychopathic and stole the identity of the first. This is also the Joker that Harley Quinn met.
The third is from Watchmen and was inserted by Manhattan which is why he's edgier than the second even though less evil objectively. Gay for Bats.

With enough detachment from reality I don't mind the idea, but I still find it ridiculous the "world's greatest detective" can't distinguish between three different men who presumably have at the very least slight differences in their voices and mannerisms.
Fun idea for the Joker, but makes Bruce look stupid.

Worlds Greatest Detective eh?

>Worst era of DC comics
>Saved DC comics

Why does DC still allow Johns to write Batman? He needs to be kept as far away from the character as possible.

Sit down and let me tell you a tale about this little thing called "the Nu52"

DC wants to sell several flavors of their franchises but since fans feel contempt for stories out of continuity they wrote a new version of "all the universes are canon cause it's a multiverse"

In regards to the 3 Jokers
One could be Marionette and Mime' s son, the second the Joker, the second the usual guy in the ACE incident. It means at least one of the Jokers is wearing makeup and he's crazy at some extent cause dad and mommy weren't so sane people. The kid could or couldn't be another Jack Napier, I think he is not

The third one is hard, I'm not sure if the Gotham in Doomsday Clock is the Gotham in Metal. Snyder's Joker was cured but now a Joker seems to be that one is jokerized again, it isn't logical and I'd have liked the real plot Snyder had before Rebirth.

Nu52 was a necessary evil, the old continuity was hitting a dead end.

I said he had one, not that he has one.

Johns is a jackass that doesn't even like Batman but wants to taint everything in the dc universe with his headcanon to feed both his ego and his pocket.

It's a terrible idea by a terrible writer.

>Batfags

Holy shit, johnsfags are not even trying anymore.

Just cause he had a magical chair doesn't mean he knows everything.

>Rebirth was a necessary evil, the old continuity was hitting a dead end

No, Nu52 was the necessary evil.

Not an arguement sunshine.

I'm just waiting for them to go and say that it's just three personalities in the Joker's mind, like he has a super-super ego, super ego, and a super-id. Some bull like that.

>No, Rebirth was the necessary evil.
Since you’re retarded let me help you out: My point is you’ve utterly failed to back up your claims and I can take every dumbass post you’ve made and use it to support Rebirth.

>Nu52 was a necessary evil, the old continuity was hitting a dead end.
Imagine being this retarded.

Nah, I liked Batman earth one

Bullshit. Do you have anything to back that up?

>makes Bruce look stupid
Bruce hasn't been written as intelligent in decades.

The entire point of the chair was that it knew everything. He could have learned anything he wanted from it, and we're also not even talking about "everything," we're talking about a very specific case involving his arch-nemesis. You can't defend this, there is no reason why he would end up knowing there are three of them but not knowing "what that means" that isn't "bad writing."

>The entire point of the chair was that it knew everything
Exactly, the chair knew everything.
>He could have learned anything he wanted from it.
But only as long he has it.
>there is no reason why he would end up knowing there are three of them but not knowing "what that means"
Well that's easy to answer, the chair simply didn't know the meaning.
>You can't defend this
I just did.

>the chair knew everything.
>the chair simply didn't know the meaning.

Just look at the titles. Red Robin was shit because Tim was a mary sue who was picking fights witha ten year old. Birds of Prey was shit with Oracle becoming a boring cunt amd fan-favorite Gail Simone being in a major writing slump. The Flash pretty much already rebooted and Superman was just dead in the water.

It would be interesting if this had something to do with that guy in the bronze age who started impersonating thee joker

>a handful of titles were bad so the entire universe needs to be rebooted
This is retarded logic. If a title is bad you get a new team on the title; Nothing about the continuity is preventing change

>Just look at the titles. Red Robin was shit because Tim was a mary sue who was picking fights witha ten year old. Birds of Prey was shit with Oracle becoming a boring cunt amd fan-favorite Gail Simone being in a major writing slump. The Flash pretty much already rebooted and Superman was just dead in the water.

The reasons you state are not even remotely enough to justify a line-wide reboot, and continuity mess up that was the N52.

I agree that DC needed to get their shit together with some titles, but their execution was horrible, and in no way necessary.

Yes it is, it's clearly a johnsfag pretending he isnt sure about johns and rebirth. It's a shameless and pretty dumb way to defend johns.

Both rebirth and new52 are mostly shit. And both had johns as architect

Yes it did, and the bigger issue isnt that, it's that batman is so selfish and retarded that only uses the chait to make one stupid question, instead of using it to save the fucking universe

Defending Darkseid War is going full retard.
Batman was not only useless but an imbecile, but the same can be said about pretty much every other character. Johns just was doing what he does best: finding a justification for new "toys", giving alternative suits to the characters hoping he would get some form of royalty after he shills them as alternative suits for videogames.

How many events has johns done? and how many include alternative suits?

The titles being bad was jist an indicator that these characters were reaching the end of the road. Red Robin being a mary sue who seriously had a problem with a 10 year old highlighted how useless Tim Drake was, gail being shit on BOP just showed that fan-favorites were no longer dependable. Superman literally had nowhere to go after we destroyed Krypton again and Wonder Woman had absolutely nothing to her name.

So some Rebirth titles aren't great. Sure.
Doesn't change that Nu52 was worse.

The sale numbers don't lie - DC consistently tops Marvel now in weekly bestsellers whereas Nu52 sales were in the toilet and allowed for a largely Marvel dominated market.

Jack Napier is Snyder's Joker

Marionette and Mime' s kid isn't Jack Napier and he's the Joker pre-crisis

Who's the 80's Joker? I can just guess Rebirth Gotham is a modified version altered by changes Manhattan did or some paradox and for some reason Joker's an exception so 80's Joker is the remains of their original world

>I liked Batman:Earth one.

It means nu52 was a necessity. We had to clear the slate.

>I agree that DC needed to get their shit together with some titles, but their execution was horrible, and in no way necessary.

It was WB, a mandated reboot and their bitch boy was ready. DiDio and Lee had to come out with some bullshit to hide the fact they new it was a dumb idea. everyone involved was forced to do it. But that doesnt mean every sinlge one could had sayd "fuck it" and leave the company, johns willingly wrote flashpoint and designed the new casual friendly canon. Johns was happy about it, he knew n52 would be the potential base for the movies, and that means royalties. Just by introducing cyborg into the league and shilling for cyborg in the movie Johns gets royalties, just look at fucking shazam.

Remember Wolverine's creator got more money out of Lucius Fox in the nolan movies than from the Xmen movies.

What?

It'll be forgotten about for a decade until someone from the next generation of writers recalls it and does a mini-event focusing on the plot point.

Sup Forums will still bitch about it (because none of us are leaving this place even in 10 years).

The reason is that these titles sucked because the characters we all knew and love were stagnant.

I like Batman: earth one. I also liked stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S and JSA.

>The titles being bad was jist an indicator that these characters were reaching the end of the road. Red Robin being a mary sue who seriously had a problem with a 10 year old highlighted how useless Tim Drake was,
Yeah good thing the New 52 fixed his character. Oh wait.

>gail being shit on BOP just showed that fan-favorites were no longer dependable
Or that Gail hasn't written anything good in a while. Her N52 Batgirl was bad too.

>Superman literally had nowhere to go after we destroyed Krypton again
You could easily come up with good story ideas for Superman.

None of the problems that you suggest happened due to the old continuity were fixed by the New 52.

>Yeah good thing the New 52 fixed his character.
Fixed him by getting rid of him.

No we didn't. You just keep saying that the characters were "at the end of their runs" as if you can't either a) change the characters or b) focus on different characters.

Tim was still doing nothing of importance around the DC Universe as editorial tried to find a place to put him. That was his status in 2009, that was his status in 2011, and that's his status now.

>the chair simply didn't know the meaning.
"Meaning" is a part of "everything" you idiot.

>You could easily come up with good story ideas for Superman.
Where do we go from interplanetary war. DC had a choice to move forward or go backwards after that storyline and their choice showed that Superman no longer had any stories to tell.

Or is it?

>focus on different characters
Like who?

>their choice showed that Superman no longer had any stories to tell.
And yet, Superman/Action Comics are currently some of the most loved books coming out right now from DC.

Because NU52 happened to wipe the slate clean.

>It was WB, a mandated reboot and their bitch boy was ready. DiDio and Lee had to come out with some bullshit to hide the fact they new it was a dumb idea. everyone involved was forced to do it.

I understand that greed was the number one reason behind the reboot, but what I'm saying is that from a creative standpoint, and out of respect for their own rich history, legacy, and fanbase, it was absolutely not necessary to reboot the universe, and claim bullshit like "yeah, super heroes started 5 years ago, it's all new, some things you remember happened, others didn't, we're just going to make it up as we go...".

If some characters were stagnant, If they wanted to atract new readers, they could have changed teams, writers, and relaunch a whole line of #1s, but WITHOUT fucking with the continuity. They could have cancelled titles that were not selling well, but keep the characters (and their history) around for future writers to pick up with better ideas.

They could have actually focused on making good stories, for new readers, without using the stupid gimmick they used, which alienated a lot of their fanbase.

>Batman: Prestige

You're a fucking idiot. Darkseid War, Super Lex, Jon, all of this shit happening now easily could have happened without the New 52.

>Superman no longer had any stories to tell.

All this shows is that you lack any creativity or imagination. Not to mention Superman in the New 52 was shit aside from what Morrison wrote, and he could have done something similar in any continuity. He loves playing with stuff like that

>Because NU52 happened to wipe the slate clean.

Are you fucking dense? The stories that are coming out now could have been written in Pre-Flashpoint continuity with minor adjustments. Even fucking JON makes more sense in Pre-Flashpoint.

>All this shows is that you lack any creativity or imagination.
New Kryton was destroyed so where do we go from there? An interplanetary war where superman is majorly involved so now what? Tell me, what does Superman do next?

>Joker 1: Classic Joker (Gold/Silver Age era)
>Joker 2:Alan Moore Joker (will probably have some tie to Doomesday Clock. My bet is that he's the son of Mannequin and Marionette.)
>Joker 3: Scott Snyder Joker (Some connetion to the Metal series. Probably some supernatural entity. Morrison's Joker could be involved)

>The stories that are coming out now could have been written in Pre-Flashpoint continuity with minor adjustments.
No they simply couldn't. Superman was done, there was simply no where from him to go.

You come up with new stories where he is in conflict with new and exciting antagonists, as well as stories focusing on on his identity duality. You know, like comics do. This isn't some shonen manga where everything had to constantly get bigger

So you have a lull in stories, that doesn't mean you throw everything else in the fucking trash. Let Superman do whatever, filler arcs and shit, until you come up with something better. It's happened before with other characters, probably with Superman, it'll happen again.

>The stories that are coming out now could have been written in Pre-Flashpoint continuity with minor adjustments.
No they couldn't. These stories require a new continuity to free them up.

>So you have a lull in stories
It wasn't a lull but a huge missed opportunity that affected everything about Superman. Simply put, Superman could no longer be Superman after new krypton.

They still doing this? Hasn't been 2 years.

>Simply put, Superman could no longer be Superman after new krypton.
You still haven't justified this statement

New Krypton pushed Superman out of the superhero genre completely. You can't play earth's protector when Earth just picked an unjust war with new krypton.

>No they couldn't. These stories require a new continuity to free them up.

How fucking so? What has Superman or Action comics done since Rebirth that couldn't have been done with his history intact? You change Reborn a bit and that's it.

I'm so fucking sure there are examples in N52 that could also have been written without a reboot too,but I mostly ignored that shit.

>Joker1 (Gold/Silver age): Marionnete and Mime's los baby. He's not Jack Napier.
>Joker2 (post-crisis): Remains of the original world was changed by Manhattan. Jack Napier, paradox.
>Joker3 (Snyder): Altered Joker that fits in the altered world Manhattan created. Jack Napier.

>What has Superman or Action comics done since Rebirth that couldn't have been done with his history intact?
Everything.

Jesus Christ have you just never read comics before? Worst case scenario you end the arc and write something that reinstates the status quo. It happens literally all the time

I wish people (writers and readers) would stop it with the Jack Napier bullshit.

The Joker doesn't need an origin nor a real name. The Joker is the Joker. Period.

>Worst case scenario you end the arc and write something that reinstates the status quo.
They did and it sucked and you still had the problem of Superman being stagnant.

>New Krypton pushed Superman out of the superhero genre completely. You can't play earth's protector when Earth just picked an unjust war with new krypton.

Yes you can. In fact,you can dedicate a whole arc to superman coming to terms with Earth's governments , or the UN, or whatever, to talk about what happend, and make peace with the new status quo.

And then this leads to him backing off a bit to raise his fucking son, if needed be.

These are just examples, possible ideas, and I'm sure professional writers at DC could come up with better ones if so inclined.

But you just refuse to see any possiblity to justify the clusterfuck that was N52.

>Everything.

Okay, nice argument.

>you can dedicate a whole arc to superman coming to terms with Earth's governments , or the UN, or whatever, to talk about what happend, and make peace with the new status quo.
They would never do that and I'm glad they didn't.

He was too high on being a God to ask for more. Then he got the Chair jacked by Owlman

Sucky arcs happen. It's part of comics. Also Superman remained stagnant until Jon showed up, which could easily have been done in the original canon with a few tweaks

Who knows. Joker himself prefers his past to be multiple choice. So the Napier thing could be true, and not true.

Schrodinger's Joker in a sense.

Quit the hypotheticals user because they ignore reality.

You're an idiot. You can't just say "there's no possible way they could have done it differently" and then refuse to accept hypothetical alternatives

I know but since they insist with the magic tank of chemicals we can't do anything about it.

It being tied to watchmen shit sucks otherwise it’s just dumb comic stuff. It also seems like it’s mostly Geoff Johns which is bizarre

>Quit the hypotheticals user because they ignore reality.

The argument here is that is incorrect. N52 was not necessary, it was but one of several options DC could have gone with. The fact that it happened does not make it necessary.

But it did happen, so any other options are hypotheticals.

And back to topic, whatever they choose to do with the 3 Jokers, at the moment are also hypotheticals. They don't "need" to reboot him again, and they didn't "need" to present 3 jokers with different images from Golden, Silver, and N52 ages.