What went wrong?

What went wrong?

We don't know yet.

You were born

I think we’re finally seeing the beginning of the end for capeshit. Black Panther is going to be the peak but from them on, public interest is just going head on a downward slump. I personally don’t feel the excitement and magic I used to when I see a new capeshit announced.

Sony.

What does this trailer and a harmless Cobra have in common?

I wish both could kill me so I don’t have to watch anymore

Sony
As always it's Sony.

What prompted them to make this? Don’t they realize live action animated shit is dead?
>Sony
Oh right, they still love this shit

they didn't just give the rights back to based disney

That and they think beloved childhood story turn modern comedy is something everyone wants.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt! Wait, that's the other Tom Hardy venom movie.

Sony, hearing that you apparently can't make a venom movie without spiderman, has decided to one up everyone by making a movie with neither.

>Sony

“This is it. This one bad movie is the beginning...OF THE END.”

>all of DC movies came before it

Okay dude.

feels like they are doing the hulk movie with venom.

they lack a stinger
venom could work. he would need a set up in another move and they would need to pick a tone that fits the character

>Disney's not involved. .

No Venom, no Spider-man.

>Black Panther is going to be the peak
>not Infinity war
How can you be so deluded to think this?

I guarantee Infinity War won’t even outgross Ultron.

And Black Panther will? Fucking lol.

Capeshit will outlast the big two.

>Sony
Both hotel Transylvania were good.
Also they have a new ceo

It's actually a really strange pickle. Black Panther is hyped up as the biggest game changer movie cause black director + Cast with 100 million+ budget makes it the first of its kind, where Avengers is something we've kind of seen twice now.

It's tricky cause I see more hype for BP than IW at the moment, especially since people are shitting on Thanos cause "CGI Villain". Then again, it's probably cause it's months away. Also, IW does have Wakanda, so it's a double dose.

I'd say BP has a very good chance of breaking a billion though with the very high expectations and hype.

I think the problem is now that Disney are being careful after Star Wars they've completely fucked it up even more by making Black Panther something of a movement and not letting it naturally become a hit. They got too overconfident. By the time Infinite War part two or maybe the first movie post Infinity War comes out the hipster geek chic fashion trend will be long out and normies won't care anymore.

There's a difference though, where the MCU is presented as a really long going story. It's almost like a TV show with 100 million dollar budgets each episodes.

DC's already dead this could hurt based marvel

Well it's still a tad early to say for sure, but that trailer was not the least bit encouraging. It had a Fan4stic vibe to it, and was the most generic trailer you could possibly create. If you have nothing to show, don't bother. And I'm not saying we need the entire damn plot spelled out for us in a trailer, but this provided nothing good worth talking about, nor anything to build hype. SONY is fucking retarded, and their ideas are baffling. Making solo movies for villains is a dumb idea to begin with, just like WB's Joker movie

Counter Point, I don't think Star Wars was going to last as a yearly franchise. You had to have everything in the Star Wars universe match the same tone, mechanics and properties. Jedis will always come up, the Empire is too big of a presence, and all that jazz. Where Marvel can have films go from Captain America, to the Guardians in the same year and feel completely unique, Star Wars has to strictly stay in the story of the Rebels vs Empire (cause they are scared to do anything prequel releated). And that's why the MCU is lasting longer, it varies its tones and look between films and can branch out. If the trend stats dying, they'll probably break out the Savage Lands for dinosaurs, or go more wild with another Dr. Strange. Star Wars can't do that cause it always has to be "Where does this fit into the Star Wars timeline'

All trailers should have that one tease to get you excited. IW used the GOTG, Ragnarok used the Hulk, etc. Venom looks very by the numbers, which is a shame cause Venom is a character you can make the film very atmospheric about.

>Based Marvel
Faggot. Anyway, this movie isn't going to do shit to Disney, only further perpetuate the meme that they are the only ones capable of doing this shit

Also this movie is purposefully damaging both brand and character so that Disney can buy it up later in a few years to properly incorporate it into the MCU so that it can possibly be the one thing that saves it from dying.

>only further perpetuate the meme that they are the only ones capable of doing this shit

DC has lit itself on fire on the alter of Snyder, Sony is a fucking joke and Fox are too inconsistent to have a overall quality batting record.

Am I missing anyone? MCU is the only consistently good one.

It's a package deal, can't haveVenom without Spiderman.
I really do wish diz would sellout and bring Spiderman home for real.

Right, not denying the track record, but I think other studios COULD do it. The problem is producers and lacking proper vision.

>but I think other studios COULD do it

I mean M Night Shyamalan released a good movie last year, anything is possible. But I'm not going to put any money on that bet.

Even Kingsmen couldn't go more then one movie without shitting the bed.

Blame Eggsy's actor being stuck on the Robin Hood set.

The other studios make their films too confusing and have potholes like DOFP ending. That's the biggest problem

BP has a better chance of beating AoU actually. Highest pre-sales for a superhero movie ever.

I never claimed that but ok.

Thats not what he said. Black Panther will be peak but after that its a downward spiral. IW wont make as much as its predecessors, Aquaman and Venom will underperfrom, Ant Man will have lukewarm reception, etc.

Disney really fucked up with their managing of Star Wars. They should have had a flagship franchise(TFA series) and other side projects that experimented with different things. Marvel did it with Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy(Fiege literally said the movie was one big experiment). Instead, Disney is too scared to move away from Star Wars tropes and we end up with shit like Solo and Rogue One.

Rogue One was the only good thing to come of Disney Star Wars, well and Clone Wars

Sony and Amy Pascal

>I think we’re finally seeing the beginning of the end for capeshit.
Says increasingly nevous man for every cape film since GOTG

Nothing to say because you know that user's right

And since it's in a dead month like February it's probably going to make close to $2 billion

Yeah, just like how Fant4stic did

With the exception of Fox who just didn't really give a shit about continuity, the other studios keep thinking in terms of "Make a cinematic universe" first and stuff like "make a halfway decent movie with likable characters" second

>Thats not what he said. Black Panther will be peak but after that its a downward spiral.
I think it's really amazing that

I guess if anything, it's a testament to Marvel Studios that they have an actual goal to keep proving statements like this wrong

People have been saying this for awhile, man. At this point someone has said "i think this might be the end" for every cape movie. It's no longer impressive when you call it.

I'll respectfully disagree, Rogue One was ass

not that guy but it depends on your perspective

do you like the visuals of star wars? do you like the big war sequences where ships and regular goons fight? do you like white-knuckle action? you'll probably like rogue one.

are you more concerned about character moments, story moments, and pacing? you probably won't like rogue one as much.

If Rogue One had had better pacing and more time for character development honestly it'd probably be my favorite star wars movie

anyone who felt offended by the shameless darth vader scene can fight me, if you didn't get a hint of joy out of that every last scrap of joy has long evacuated your body

Soon

2 billion is not gonna happen. I say it has a 40% of breaking a billion

only the original trilogy had good character moments and a good story. Rogue One isn't as good as them, that is for sure. But it's a fuckton better than anything else to come from Star Wars

>Highest pre-sales for a superhero movie ever.

bvs held that record before bp, we all know how that worked out

That was because of the quality of the movie though

>No Tag and Bink movie

Tag and Bink were hinted to be in Solo, but who the fuck cares, it's Disney Wars. Wasted.

Almost a billion dollar gross that was severely hampered by shit reviews?

>Almost a billion
Over 100m away is not "almost"