Doesn't matter what they call you. It's the deeds that make the man

>Doesn't matter what they call you. It's the deeds that make the man.

>No man can walk out on his own story.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nMo8duNJNU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_the_2010s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>No man can walk out on his own story.
Says you.

Add Dastardly and Muttley to the list.

I completely forgot about that scene. It was pretty cool even if looking a bit out of place.

But neither of them walked out of their own stories. Coyote was forced out and Dastardly & Muttley are forever stuck in their own stories.

You retards.

Why does this movie have such great dialogue
>they need someone else, they need a hero
>then be a hero
>oh no, you don't understand I'm not even supposed to be here
>that's right... You came a long way to find something you aren't looking for. Don't you see? It's not about you. It's about them.
Rattlesnake Jake was fucking GOAT-tier villain too.

>Sign the damn paper, woman!
>"Go to Hell."
>Where do you think I come from? Look into my eyes. I wanna see you die...

The script was fantastic.

>"One bullet"
>"I tip me hat, one legend to another."

>>Doesn't matter what they call you. It's the deeds that make the man.
>>No man can walk out on his own story.

kinda funny eh?

>you are defined by your actions
>you can't choose your own path of action

How inspiring

>Rango came out 7 years ago

And still one of the best detailed movies to come out.

he can walk out of the mess he created but he sure as hell won't be a good man for it.

Coyote went and talked to god, who kicked him out. I'd argue that he left on his own.

>There's another one! I knew it!

What did he mean by this?

>What did he mean by this?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

You know, looking back, this movie didn't fuck around.

rare case where the movie gives concept art justice

he made it, at least.

but damn, year ago i saw a fox-like creature ran over by a car, it shook its head and ran to the forest.

>that bit where Angelique and Beans have a standoff and call each other tramps and harlots

I love little worldbuilding moments bit like that. Like you can tell something went down there.

*week ago

>couldn't actually get Eastwood
Shame, but Olyphant did a good job.

Honestly, the VA did a better job than modern Clint himself could do. He sounded like Clint did in the 60s. I mean what the fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nMo8duNJNU

In fairness Eastwood stated there be way to much ego in that role. Like he understood that it was satire, he understood that it was a lizard looking up to him like that, but he felt voicing "spirit of the west" would just make him seem hubris at best, while another person doing it keeps it as them "taking the piss on me".

Source? Was that an interview or something?

No, I just made it up.

I didn't quite get the main plot tough.
Did the humans planned on expanding on the other side of the highway, and it was they who started to build, or the Mayor was making his own thing to mirror the humans?

He was great
>First just good foreshadowing once or twice
>Good entry as his first action is placed into contrast with Rango's uplifting speech
>Calls out the protagonist on his shit
>Publically humiliates
>Overall threatening presence
>His priceless expression once he realizes how Rango just grew as a person
>full turn around as he is doublecrossed, and takes part in giving the mastermind villain his due punishment
magnificent

The Mayor seen what the humans had created and wished to do the same thing.

>"He who controls the water, controls everything."

The Mayor wanted to modernize the town, and run it. Perhaps even get more animals into his town and pay a good fee to live there. The Turtle was a control freak and seen progress as a way to make his mark on the world and be in charge of a modern town that he controlled. These people had money, going by the fact that he purchased barren farmland/desert and was converting it like an animal version of Dubai.

The Mayor was a typical western villain, a land baron who wanted to screw over the little guy for profit and sadism. A well done villain though.

Rango is the best animated film of the 2010s.

Debate me.

The Mayor's own thing hence him being the main antagonist. He had power but he wanted more. The mayor seized the Las Vegas runoff water valve so all the land owners in Dirt had no choice but sell him their property. After he had complete ownership of the town he would've turned the water back on and finished his new more modern development. This attracts wealthier animals and as the economy inflates the less well off creatures still living in the Dirt ghetto are eventually priced out. Dirt becomes gentrified, the Mayor owns everything and enjoys a higher standard of living.

While unlikely to be usurped we still have almost two years left in the decade.

What competition does it have? Wreck it Ralph, Kubo, Lego Movie? I can't remember many films.

You are terribly fucking wrong
It is THE best animated film of fucking all history.
Toy Story? Fuck off, more like "Boy, Sorry we have a real cowboy here". Fuck that plastic bullshit.
Rango travels back in time and fucking kills the Lion King with a single motherfucking bullet.
All those chinese fucking things no one ever saw? They can go back to their hiding spots, and let a true tale of the west take the spotlight. They're nothing.
What else even is there? Iron Giant? Scrap fucking metal. Rango can kill fucking Superman if he wanted with ONE (I repeat) O N E bullet.
Kubo and the two strings was a good story about stories but fucking Rango is a story about stories about stories in stories and it keeps going.
All those dumb neutered Disney films for fucking babies? Nah, man. Rango is a real movie about real shit for REAL ADULTS
Do those movies have FUCKING CLINT EASTWOOD?! 'Course they don't.
This is the best fucking animated movie and you know it you fucking faggot. We all do.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animated_feature_films_of_the_2010s

Knock yourself out.

>>>Doesn't matter what they call you. It's the deeds that make the man.
>>>No man can walk out on his own story.

What that means is that you cant walk away from what you've done. Sure Rango could just leave, but it wouldn't undo anything and he wouldn't go back to being who he was before, or become anyone different. He'd just be the asshole who walked away from people who needed him. The End.

Imagine if his plot succeeded and then humans stumbled across the damn thing. I mean we would have to rethink, well fucking everything once we found a bunch of animal species living like that.

Damn the animation still looks good